Need help !!!

Catty

Just receive a call from my ex-husband few days ago, telling me that he intend to give back my DD custody back to me BUT yesterday he just gave me a msg saying he run away due to many bad debts (loanshark), now the problem is all along my DD is under my ex-husband auntie care and she don't mind help me look after her without taking single cents from me as she know that i got 1 DD (2 yrs old) and another coming DD next month, what i'm worried is that what if 1 day my ex-husband came back and twist his words saying he never say that he want to give me back the custody? :(

Surely his auntie will side him even i bring this matter up to court. Think as for me salary i can't go to Legal Aid for help and i financially can't afford to get a lawyer to settle this custody for me.. :(

I'm also not sure i can get back my DD custody without my ex husband around a not??? :(

Can anyone gave me advice..

wenz

i dun think u can get back ur DD w/o ur hubby consent, he needs to sign some paper and the judge need to official announce at court before ur DD is rightfully yours... u'll need help from lawyer to do... i dun think there is much alternative on this...

Just receive a call from my ex-husband few days ago, telling me that he intend to give back my DD custody back to me BUT yesterday he just gave me a msg saying he run away due to many bad debts (loanshark), now the problem is all along my DD is under my ex-husband auntie care and she don't mind help me look after her without taking single cents from me as she know that i got 1 DD (2 yrs old) and another coming DD next month, what i'm worried is that what if 1 day my ex-husband came back and twist his words saying he never say that he want to give me back the custody? :(

Surely his auntie will side him even i bring this matter up to court. Think as for me salary i can't go to Legal Aid for help and i financially can't afford to get a lawyer to settle this custody for me.. :(

I'm also not sure i can get back my DD custody without my ex husband around a not??? :(

Can anyone gave me advice..
Catty, are you working at the moment? I and you really like sama sama... my 1st DD from my previous marraige too. But lucky for me its that I manage to get the custody of my DD.

Actually for Legal Aid, why dun you try seeking them for help?

In normal circumstances, singapore law always protect woman and normally they will give custody to the mum. If your ex-hb really wanna give you custody. You have to get him write in black n white. At the same time, tell legal aid regarding your ex-hb situation. In family court, they will give custody to whomever can provide for the kid emotionally and financially. Since u say ur ex-hb got loan shark all this, I doubt the judge will wanna put ur DD in harm even though its his auntie taking care of her. No matter what, a mother's care is more important den anyone else.

You can add me at msn mich_liu82@hotmail.com if you wanna talk more bout it. Cheers... Take care ya?

Catty

Hi Wenz & Mich,

Have call up a lawyer for advice, the lawyer told me that i can only bring this issue to family court only if i got the evidence that he's really run away and totally never visit his DD and i also need to prove myself that i did bring her back every weekend.

Just afraid that the auntie will side him & lie to court that he did visit my DD all this.. :mad:

As for Legal Aid that side, they only help those low income earning below 1.5k if i'm not wrong but problem is actually i'm earning 1.8k only due to recession this year, my boss just cut 20% on Feb so just afraid Legal Aid won't be able to help me and i've check with the private lawyer if really want to bring this matter up need at least 1k+ to 2k (If no complication if not will be more than that) :(

MsKoh1973

Dear Catty, don't be afraid to sort out the mess. That time my sis divorced (her 1st girl abt 5yo, 2nd girl still inside the stomach), she was more or less like you, couldn't afford to engage a lawyer, yet when she went legal aid, she was rejected, becos they said she could actually cash in on her insurance to get money to engage a lawyer (stupid suggestion rite).

Anyway, there was a community centre near our place (the 1 opp golden mile) that offer legal aid to the resident at affordable cost, the Q to see the lawyer was long, but we still waited, in the end, there was a lady lawyer who helped my sis to do up all the legal proceedings, including fighting with that idoit over the money in the house, we paid abt $2k+ in total, and the lawyer even allow for instalment.

You could go ask around, which is the comunity centre that has these kind of subsidised lawyer giving consultation. Seek their advise what to do, don't be afraid, make everything legal so tat even if he regrets or his auntie don't support u, u will still have evidence of what he agree to let you have the kids.

Every time you meet him, record in a book or journal, what happen, what was communicated. Although one may argue that the journal is all your writing, but I believe that these are all evidence that the judge tho may not give 100% creditibility, will still give some trust in it.

Good luck and all the best.

apollo

though i've no experience in the custody thingy.. but i feel that if u go seek for legal help, they might let u take care of ur DD at least till ur ex is back? cos he runaway leh... he got the custody yet he's so irresponsible leaving ur DD with his auntie and runaway..