Need recommendation

ssll0412

Just wanted to share my unpleasant experience engaging a CL from PEM.

1) Very aggressive sales consultant: the sales consultant is extremely pushy. If you google, you will realize this is not an isolated case, PEM’s sales are famed to be very pushy. They will try very hard to upsell you the herbal package and post-natal massage package, in addition to the CL service, to the extend of making false promises (I will elaborate later on this)

2) The herbal package: I didn't do any research prior to the meeting with PEM sales consultant, however, based on the sales consultant’s promise of “ability to get full refund on all unused herbal packs”, I bought and paid for the herbal, which is priced at SGD 390. As some moms already pointed out, herbal provided by PEM is of very inferior quality and hugely overly priced. I saw a similar 28 days confinement package from Eu Yan Sang at SGD 268. PEM’s package is from an unknown TCM. You make your own call if PEM overcharges its herbal package. The worst part came when I tried to return about ¾ of the herbal package, upon the early termination of the CL service due to lousy service, bad attitude and dishonesty (I will elaborate later), PEM refused to do a pro-rata refund and only agreed to refund 100 dollars (after charging a 20 dollar “pick-up” fee), claiming that some of the herbal returned is expired and cannot be reused after their physician assessment. How ridiculous is that? I didn't even open 3 out of 4 packs of the herbal and all along stored them in the fridge as instructed. What do they mean by “expired”? Upon dispute, they also refused to provide any transparency on what are the herbal packets that are expired. At the end, they even totally went back on their own words saying that herbal package could not be refunded and they refunded me 100 dollars out of good will, and that there is no proof that their sales consultant made such promises.

3) Post-natal massage package: to be fair, the post-natal massage was the only package that we completed and we were rather satisfactory with the service delivered by the Malay masseur. Pricing was also in line with market. No complaints on that.

4) The confinement lady: well, I guess you really have to count on your luck for the kind of nannies you get. In my case, we were extremely unlucky. But before going into details, I would like to comment on general qualities of PEM’s nannies. Firstly, they are generally not experienced. The first profile they gave me, which I declined straight away, had only 3 years experience. The second profile, which I accepted, had 6 years experience and according to PEM this is one of their more experienced ones already. Considering many nannies out there have more than 10 years, if not decades, of experience, PEM’s nannies seem to be very inexperienced. With hindsight, I am not surprised. Given that PEM take a significant commission out of nanny’s salary, experienced nannies with good reputation would go on their own once they have a big enough clientele which would provide them a strong referral base. The nanny I got was 64 years old, illiterate and unable to read but that was fine. I was appalled, however, by the below:

a. Bad attitude: she will retort you with “you know how many babies I have looked after in the past few years?”, when you try to ask her to do certain things differently. SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT! Well, as first time parents, I have to admit we are no experts. But we are no morons either and there is always google. I am not going into details, but her attitude definitely added stress to us rather than providing reassurance.

b. Lazy:we have a helper at home and she does all the household chores. The CL basically used my helper fully, making her do all the food preparation and most of the cooking too. The nanny in the very first day upon arrival, told us that she only cook 3 meals a a day, no afternoon tea, no supper, no desert and breakfast was always slices of bread with butter. She takes long afternoon naps, claiming that she couldn't rest well at night due to baby. In fact, she sleeps very well at night. There are a couple of times that I went in to check on the baby, baby was uneasy, almost crying but the nanny was sleeping like a baby, snoring!

c. Unhygienic: the nanny sweat like crazy! We stay on 22nd floor and it was super windy and she still sweat like crazy whenever she is moving around. She does wash her hands before handling the baby, but mostly with water only without using soap. I don't know if she cleans her hand at night after changing baby’s diaper and before feeding her, when we were not watching. My baby ended up with a tummy infection at 20 days of her life and she needs to be hospitalized – that's when I fired the CL. I am not saying she is confirmed the culprit, but highly possible, as she is the primary carer of my baby during that few weeks.

d. Dishonesty: this is the part that pissed me off most. She is dishonest. In order to make the baby sleep longer at night so that she can sleep longer, she always tried to feed baby with formula milk at night, despite we have ample BM stored in the fridge and we explicitly and repeatedly told her that we would like to exclusively BF the baby. She said ok, but she still fed baby with formula at night! Another dishonest act was during her last day after I decided to send her home. I was not thinking straight after my baby was admitted to hospital and counted my cash wrongly. I was supposed to give her 1900 as salary (on top of Ang Bao), but I counted 1950. She went into the room to count, for a good 10 min, and came out to say the amount was correct, and asked for a Ang Bao, which I did give. I only realized that I counted the wrong amount after she left. I was so sure because I counted 29 fifty dollar notes instead of 28, and I realized after I noticed 1 fifty dollar missing afterwards. I called PEM later on. When PEM asked the CL about it, she admitted, claiming that she didn't want to let my help know her salary therefore never mentioned about additional 50 dollars I gave by mistake. What a joke!

Above is a fair recount of my experience with PEM recently. I would never engage this agency again in the future. You may want to learn from my experience and at least be careful before you engage their service!

Vynnejoe

Thumbs up for my confinement lady. She really relieved me of all my worries. That's why I want to share this to all the moms-to-be out there. All your concerns will be gone if you engaged her. She's from Malaysia with 8 to 9 years experienced as a CL. Some CL are relatively cheap but I go for quality rather than cost. If any Mommy want to get more information of my CL, here's her WhatsApp or call to +601136539563 .

agneshee

I am selling :

- Confinement Homemade Glutinuous Rice Wine 传统自制客家米酒. "A must-have for women who have just given birth or undergoing confinement"
- Homemade Kimchi without preservative

Interested pls call or WhatsApp 81868379.

Lovesoup

Hi,
U can get my confinement lady.
She has more than 20 yrs of experience.

Responsible, has a kind heart for bb, so I am extending her service by two weeks till 11/5/17.

She can cook delicious meal and takes good care of bb. I slept soundly through the night, only getting up to pump my BF.

She is booked for June July ,
sep Oct Nov 2017

Her contact is
9 149 1959
+60 13 935 9336

Last edited:

Nanawei

Hi all. I want to introduce CL. She is 58 years. She is from batam indonesian. Can speak mandarin and hokkian. Not a traditional style. Very clean. Not a calculative person, Usually she quoted $2300 28 days. Call/ chat her whatsapp +6285264414668 aunty Gim Hua

Jann83

Hi All, just did my confinement and I like to recommend my confinement auntie from Malaysia. She's very good with taking care of babies, easy going and cooks some really good chinese and tcm dishes. Her fried kway tiao, fried rice, ee mien, sweet sour pork ribs and salty sweet chicken are all very delicious! You can request for her to cook these for you :) She's very experienced (10 years), pro-breastfeeding, knows how to massage for engorged breasts and relatively young (50s) hence more energetic. She will provide advice to you but don't force it if you have your own thoughts - Example: my baby had jaundice and the level hovered around 12-13 for 2-3 weeks so every week i had to bring baby to hospital to monitor his jaundice level. Auntie recommended to bottle feed/formula so that jaundice level would drop quickly but i insisted on latching for the 1st month. She was still v supportive :) I know some CL who insists that you go for bottle feed...

As my mum comes over to my place everyday, she also cooks for her and that was very nice of her!

For mummies who intend to do full-time latching for first month, you can safely let her take care of your baby at night and she would bring baby over to you for latching when baby needs so that you can catch a good night rest :)

Her charge is $100/day so $2800 for 28 days. You can Whatsapp or Wechat Auntie Evon @ +60 163308664 (Malaysia) or 8435 9837 (local). From what i know, she's packed till Oct 2017 so contact her if you're interested! I posted this cause I don't seem to find post about her (her clients now are via verbal intro). Hope you will have a chance to do your confinement with her!

Last edited:

agneshee

I have Confinement Homemade Glutinuous Rice Wine 传统自制客家米酒. "A must-have for women who have just given birth or undergoing confinement"

Interested pls call or WhatsApp 81868379.

sze lin

Hi all! I have a good confinement nanny to recommend! She cooks really delicious food and has over 20 years of experience! She provides advice but will not force you to do anything if you do not wish to. The only downside is that she is chinese-speaking. She is fantastic with the babies. Is flexible with both staying in and staying out, but you'd need to cover her transport expenses for staying out. Do contact me if you wish to engage her! 87986942

Iamsharonn

Hi,
U can get my confinement lady.
She has more than 20 yrs of experience.

Responsible, has a kind heart for bb, so I am extending her service by two weeks till 11/5/17.

She can cook delicious meal and takes good care of bb. I slept soundly through the night, only getting up to pump my BF.

She is booked for June July ,
sep Oct Nov 2017

Her contact is
9 149 1959
+60 13 935 9336
Yes I wanna book her for Dec but she said Simeone booked from Nov. Trying my luck here. Wondering if any mummy here engage Lan Jie from Kuantan for Nov confinement for 1-1.5/2 months? Can contact me please to see if we can coordinate the dates ? Thanks

Xiaom

Nanny Jenny can be reached at +65 8204 2147; +60 16 660 0358 can call her to see if she is available/interview her.

She is very encouraging, supportive and knows what she is doing. She makes baby happy, sleep well n drink well.
It is amazing how good she is with baby. The experience is wonderful!

felfelfelfelfel

All mummies, please do not hire Aunty Ah Bao from Johor, recommended by Aunty Xin Hua. She is super dirty, lazy and extremely rude..

I'm a first time mummy..search CL in last minute due to unforseen circumstances, so I have no choice and found a Cl named Xin Hua..She refer me to another CL named Ah Bao from Johor.Hiring this Cl is really a nightmare ...even now thingking of her make me depress..

This aunty Ah Bao is extremely dirty!!!..She has no basic of hygience.. E.g: Never wash hands after changing diaper, touch baby and food after throwing diapers .Scratch her itchy leg while taking care of baby..I also caught her touch baby after dig her nose!!!

My baby's face also became very senstive and alot of 'acne' under her caring..
She is really rude. She can lay down on my master bed and sit on my pillow without our permission!!..When she first time enter my room, she just step on my bed when i was laying down. My hubby told her not to step our bed but she ignore. She did it several times when my hubby was not around.

There are times I notice my baby was crying and her nappy wet & heavy..I immediately asked her to change but she will tell me not to bother first and insist me to breastfeed first. When my baby cry during breastfeed, she wil push my baby harder toward my breast and shouted impatiently.

She also keep on complaining that my baby change at least 8 diapers a day and is really alot!!..

She will lost her temper whenever my baby cry non stop at night..She also keep on blaming me when i don't know how to handle baby...This has caused me alot of depressions and pressure during confinements.

There is one night she pass my baby for breastfeed and I ask her to change her diaper first..She doesn't want to listen and suddenly lost her temper and hold my baby legs and butt to clean and my baby's head is not supported and cause her body imbalace...my baby cry very loud and she passed urine..She just passed my baby back to me and use her clothes to wipe the urine on the floor!

A few days before she left I realised that some of the dirty clothes and towels are being put back into cabinet without washing it.

After she left, i noticed there is shit staining on my baby's cabinet.
And after sometimes she left, I also found out that there are few pieces of baby's Mothercare rompers missing...

Many more problems that she created....

U can pm me to verify the details.

Hi you able to share her contact details?? As I was recommended to someone called Ah Bao from JB too but I dont know how she look like.. I only know she is called Ah Bao & only have her contact.

Ralia

My confinement nanny is superb.. She all the way bought the wen tong ginger for me frm malaysia.. She cooks one day 2-3 soups for me, plus papaya fish soup, as I am a bfing mom.. My cl insist on going to the wet market which is 3 lrt stops away 2-3 times a week to get fresh meat n veggies for me, saying that during confinement, we shld nt be eating frozen meat.

Everyday she wakes up, first thing is to sweep and mop the floor.. I hv vacuum cleaner and mop, yet she doesnt use, she tell me very noisy will wake baby up.. She uses broom to sweep, and hand mop with towel.. My floor has nv been so clean, auntie super hygiene, she make sure mo strand of hair is on the floor, and washes both my toilets 2 times a week. Not only that, each time she sees hair on the floor, she will pick it up.. She say got baby, must be very clean. Handwash my baby's clothings each time after he showers (baby showers twice a day).

She daily sun bath my baby during the first 3 weeks of his birth, due to high jaudnice level (makes it worse when I bf). I shower everyday. She will prepare the wen tong ginger n lemongrass, she will pound them n boil it for me to shower, which is alot better than the 大风草. She even monitors how much I pump daily, whenever my supply shortfalls, she makes sure I am drinking enough red date tea, chasing me to go nap, ensuring that I rest and eat enough.

She will always disturb me say why I dont wear socks during confinement (indirectly asking me to wear). Making sure when I am out with her to bring baby to polyclinic checkups, I am properly dressed and well cover up.

After every pumping session, she will be the one helping me to wash my pump, trf the bm into bottles for next feedings or freezing them in my bm freezer for me. She always standby another bottle of bm after each feed, as my baby gives no warning on wanting milk.. He demands for milk every 1.5-2 hrs. She will always be the one bottle feeding my baby, burping him and talking to him during feeding.. During baby's shower time, she will ensure the temperature is right, close all the windows in the room, before undressing my baby. Then will tell my baby during shower, 我们洗眼睛,洗脸,抹嘴巴,洗屁股,洗耳朵,etc.. My baby has nv cry once during his shower time.

Aunty loves children.. Her 3 kids are all grown up, her eldest grandchild already 17. She is only mid 50s. Super nice lady, very systematic and detail. Very thrifty, always tell me dont anyhow spend money, got money must save. Then make sure we always eat alr, then she eat (she paiseh to sit tgt with us and eat) then always keep fish and chicken for us, (keep telling us, you all eat.. Auntie always go temple eat vegetarian, nt use to eat meat). Then will make sure everything is cleanse well after everyone finishes.

If anyone is keen, I am glad to share more.. :) I am just a well-served client of hers.. With lots of gratitude to her. This is my second birth, the first pregnancy I didnt do a gd confinement, I had extremely bad backaches for 10 years, after this confinement, I no longer live in such torture..

Kyratessa

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

Hi mums-to-be,
just for the benefit of those mtb who needs a confinement lady.

my confinement lady was recommended by one of the cotter here. Jannie, see her post here.

i booked her when i was only 3-4 mths pregnant as i was afraid that she might be fully booked.

she is rather pro in breast feeding. my breast milk increases 1-2 days after i discharged from the hospital.

not to mention the confinement food she cook.:red:

let me know if anyone of you are interested, so i can pass you her contact directly. (i dont earn anything thus i will not be the middle man) .

just wish it benefit the rest of the mama just like i do.
Hi Junkee, can you PM me her number? Thanks

nutella crepe

My confinement nanny is superb.. She all the way bought the wen tong ginger for me frm malaysia.. She cooks one day 2-3 soups for me, plus papaya fish soup, as I am a bfing mom.. My cl insist on going to the wet market which is 3 lrt stops away 2-3 times a week to get fresh meat n veggies for me, saying that during confinement, we shld nt be eating frozen meat.

Everyday she...
bath my baby during the first 3 weeks of his birth, due to high jaudnice level (makes it worse when I bf). I shower everyday. She will prepare the wen tong ginger n lemongrass, she will pound them n boil it for me to shower, which is alot better than the 大风草. She even monitors how much I pump daily, whenever my supply shortfalls, she makes sure I am drinking enough red date tea, chasing me to go nap, ensuring that I rest and eat enough.

She will always disturb me say why I dont wear socks during confinement (indirectly asking me to wear). Making sure when I am out with her to bring baby to polyclinic checkups, I am properly dressed and well cover up.

i have similar experience with my confinement nanny as Ralia's. She took excellent care of my preterm twin boys, fed my parents and hubby too. She's fully booked now (Nov 2017) till Aug 2018, but available for April 2018 and Sep 2018 onwards. Can contact her directly, she's a godsend and a wealth of experience!

桦姐(hua2jie3) from Johor, Malaysia
mobile:+65 8246 5189

We had another nanny covering for the first 10 days too. She's good and chatty/funny, taking care of the household too:
Mary from Taiping, Perak, Malaysia
mobile: +60 11-3122 9711

Wishing to-be mummies a good restful time post-natal!

RachelleCS

Hi all,
I would like to recommend my confinement lady Jenny, who is in her mid-40s. I found her through one of the postings in this forum. I'm very satisfied with her service as she has taken good care of me and my baby.

Her good points are:

1. She cooks really well (she and her husband owns a restaurant in malacca) and shares her recipes with us. I have never liked soup since I was a child but I loved all the soups she made! She will even prepare desserts at your request. We were fortunate to get to try the full range of dishes (besides confinement food) because we extended her services for another month, and she whipped up other yummy dishes like lemon chicken, salted egg chicken, sweet sour pork etc

2. She has good knowledge of Chinese herbs and will adjust amount based on your constitution.

3. She is very observant, noticing my preferences in eating and the portion I eat so as to cater to my tastebuds and to cook exactly the right portion.

4. She works v fast and efficiently and plans ahead. She also cooks for all our visitors and the whole family, including my 2 year old.

5. She helps to occupy my 2 year old while I eat and bathe and sings songs to her.

6. She is vey experienced with babies and will ensure safety of baby at all times.

7. She is open to discussion and will accommodate our requests (for example, not warming the breastmilk in too hot water even though it would have been faster doing things her way). She also will not put wine in your food if you so request.

8. When I was in hospital after delivery, the nurses couldn't solve the problem of my blocked ducts even after 2 days, but it resolved immediately when I came home and followed the nanny's advice!

Her whatsapp number is +60 16 660 0358
Sg number is 8204 2147 (only when she is in Singapore)

Her rate is $2800 for 28 days of confinement. Angbao at start and end of confinement. Deposit required.
She also does overseas confinement.
She can converse in basic english but she reads and writes Chinese only, so you would have to msg her in Chinese.

Hope you get to enjoy her services too! All the best mummies!
Hihi, how much angina do you give at the start and end of confinement? New mummy-to-be here, wanna know what's a decent amount. TIA!
Hi all,
I would like to recommend my confinement lady Jenny, who is in her mid-40s. I found her through one of the postings in this forum. I'm very satisfied with her service as she has taken good care of me and my baby.

Her good points are:

1. She cooks really well (she and her husband owns a restaurant in malacca) and shares her recipes with us. I have never liked soup since I was a child but I loved all the soups she made! She will even prepare desserts at your request. We were fortunate to get to try the full range of dishes (besides confinement food) because we extended her services for another month, and she whipped up other yummy dishes like lemon chicken, salted egg chicken, sweet sour pork etc

2. She has good knowledge of Chinese herbs and will adjust amount based on your constitution.

3. She is very observant, noticing my preferences in eating and the portion I eat so as to cater to my tastebuds and to cook exactly the right portion.

4. She works v fast and efficiently and plans ahead. She also cooks for all our visitors and the whole family, including my 2 year old.

5. She helps to occupy my 2 year old while I eat and bathe and sings songs to her.

6. She is vey experienced with babies and will ensure safety of baby at all times.

7. She is open to discussion and will accommodate our requests (for example, not warming the breastmilk in too hot water even though it would have been faster doing things her way). She also will not put wine in your food if you so request.

8. When I was in hospital after delivery, the nurses couldn't solve the problem of my blocked ducts even after 2 days, but it resolved immediately when I came home and followed the nanny's advice!

Her rate is $2800 for 28 days of confinement. Angbao at start and end of confinement. Deposit required.
She can converse in basic english but she reads and writes Chinese only, so you would have to msg her in Chinese.

Hi all. I'm helping my mum, Ivy, to let you soon-to-be parents or parents know that she's available as a stay-in confinement lady (or a nanny as well).

She's Chinese, age 57, Malaysian, speaks Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, Malay, and a bit of English. She can fulfill all the expectations of a confinement lady - cooking confinement food, taking care of the baby around the clock (especially the night shifts), helping with breast-feeding and pampers changing, giving advice for the mothers about taking care of the baby, minor household chores - and just making the newly parents feel as comfortable as possible as they adjust to the new lifestyle (with a new kid, or the changing dynamics of having an additional kid).

My mum is highly experienced. She just came off a 4-year nannying stint with a family who took her on as a nanny after engaging her as a confinement nanny for their first child. They had twins after that, and my mom looked after them as well. Prior to this, she was working as a confinement nanny for several years.

My mum is extremely responsible, friendly and caring. She cooks well (she is one of the star 'chefs' of my family when it comes to CNY). She's agreeable and won't be fierce or interfere with the parents' decisions in relation to their baby/confinement. However, she will give parents advice based on her experience, and it is up to the parents whether they agree with her. As the eldest of her 9 siblings who grew up in a single-mother household, her motherly instincts and practical household knowledge are top-notch. She’s very hygienic and constantly works to make the house a clean and neat environment. She raised me well and I couldn't have asked for a better mum.

If you would like to set up an interview in Singapore, please whatsapp her at 9167-8571 (her name is Ivy). Thanks for your time.

Lin Xiuhui

Hi all,

Her good points are:

Hi me too engaged her service during my confinement period. As this is my first pregnancy I am really fortunate to have her as my CL. I can't imagine how lost we would be if she wasn't around. I love her cooking everyday I look forward to the dishes she cooks. :)

She is really accomadating as she cooks for visitors such as my mother or MIL.

My sister who is expecting in September 2018 has also engaged her services as well.

Hope more mummies can enjoy her services too.