Need recommendation on gynea that is able to operate at mount alvernia

nurjanna

Hi Mummies,

I have been reading too much and always get directed to the top 4 names: Dr Lawrence Ang, Dr Adrian Woodworth, Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Adelina Wong. They either not serving at Mount A or their clinic is too far from me; i stay at Pasir Ris.

Would any of you be able to recommend a good doc whose clinic is in the east side or town the furthest?

My first baby and i am so lost. BTW, if i go to GP to check, would it be as accurate as seeing a gynea during the 6th week?

Thanks Ladies!

iqh

Hi Mummies,

I have been reading too much and always get directed to the top 4 names: Dr Lawrence Ang, Dr Adrian Woodworth, Dr Benjamin Tham and Dr Adelina Wong. They either not serving at Mount A or their clinic is too far from me; i stay at Pasir Ris.

Would any of you be able to recommend a good doc whose clinic is in the east side or town the furthest?

My first baby and i am so lost. BTW, if i go to GP to check, would it be as accurate as seeing a gynea during the 6th week?

Thanks Ladies!
hello fellow MumToBe,

congrats on the good news! hmm.. your GP would just 'confirm' it via a simple urine test & they'll ask your LMP to roughly tell you how many weeks along you are. only when you go to your gynae appointment, they'll conduct an ultrasound scan to accurately see how far along are you into the pregnancy & if everything's going on fine :) hope that helps! first time MumToBe here too.

Qookie

Congrads! :) When i got pregnant, i was also very overwhelmed with all the sudden decisions i have to make. But take your time. Most gynaes will only see you when you're around 8weeks. Otherwise can't see much in the ultrasound anyway.

I think when choosing a gynae, it's important to prioritize what you view as most important- having an experienced gyane, location of gynae's clinic, location of delivery hospital, how comfortable you are with that gynae, etc.

A popular gynae may not be what you're going for if you want ample time to ask questions. Popular gynaes will definitely not have the time to answer most of your questions and in the end make you feel like you've been 'chased' out of their clinic as they need to 'clear' as many patients as they can before dashing off to yet another delivery. You also have to wait for a long time outside their clinic, since they always seem to have a backlog of patients building up.

Pauleen

Hi Mummies,

Thanks Ladies!
Hi Nurjanna
Try Dr Lai Fon-Min from A Company for Women. His clinic is at Camden Medical Centre (next to Tanglin Mall/Traders Hotel). I've been seeing him for many years and he'll be delivering my 2nd baby within this week :)

His clinic number is 63336181.

Hope this helps and CONGRATULATIONS!