Need recommendation

Felice Teh

My sis-in-law hired nanny from PEM. The nanny did a good job for my sis-in-law and the baby. She cooked delicious confinement meals which doesn't taste like confinement food. I tried it when my sis-in-law was having her meals. :p
She even hand wash the baby cloth! So nice, right? I'm also going to hire PEM nanny for myself!
You guys can check on their website and give them a call to check the rate.

Miss R

I would highly recommend Auntie Lin , confinement nanny who took care of my newborn and me. She is attentive and organized. She even prepare us what to purchase and stock up even before my baby comes. This is useful and helpful for us as we do not cook often. She gave us the ingredients and sos list to purchase so that my kitchen will be equipped.

Her personal hygiene level is awesome as she bathe every time after she cooks. She manages our kitchen well so our house is not oily at all even after all the frequent cooking.

Her motherly and cheerful personality matches her cooking skill. My hubby, Mother and father in law were all so pleased by her cooking. It's so delicious that my Mom even bring home the food so it won't go into waste.

She is experience with newborn for more than 15 years. My baby grew up healthy and getting chubbier each day. She is pro breastfeeding too! Encourages me to latch on more so I get to bond with BB hence make more milk. She gives us good advise which allow me to have happy and relaxed confinement. With the connection we built, I definitely misses her cooking and motherly personality.

If anyone would like to engage her, do whatsapp her at +6013-399 8255 (Auntie Lin). She speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

kennylks2003

We wish to warn anyone who is considering hiring this confinement nanny from Malaysia. Our one month son has been admitted to hospital for more than 6 days now because of lung inflammation and fever. Doctor told us that our baby may not been fed properly, causing some milk to leak into his lung. She shown her true colours on the same night patting very hard on our other twin son, showing her frustration at our baby for crying and waking up in the middle of the night. We decided to fire her the next day as we cannot accept her bad behaviours and her unprofessional works that have caused harm to us.

Bad Confinement Nanny - Tan Guat Hoon 791126-07-5088 Penang, Malaysia.

gbonnie

Dear mummies-to-be,

I am here to share my confinement experience with all of you. I strongly recommend my confinement nanny, Aunty Xue Fang (Sek Fong), whom is a recommendation from another confinement lady. I spoke to her over the phone and found her really friendly and humble.

She is a Malaysian, in early-fifties, and has more than 15 yrs of confinement experience. She is currently doing confinement for me and takes very good care of my baby and me. She is very systematic and plans her chores and duties superbly well. She is also very friendly and easy-going. She helps me to do marketing on her own at the nearby market after hubby brought her once.

She cooks for my extended family when they visit, and her meals are very yummy! Love how she tweaks rice meals when I got sick of it and cooks 'Chao-tar Bee Hoon', Fried Udon and etc as I'm a fussy eater. Daily tea snacks and desserts really spoil me and my hubby to the max.

She is knowledgeable and also very pro-breastfeeding but no stress to mummy as she will help with fomula feeds if mummy doesn't have enough milk supply yet and helps out with all the diaper change.

She takes a break in her room when she is done with her duties and watches HK Drama on her phone. Even then, she is very vigilant of any cries from baby and will attend to baby or me.

She can be contacted at her Malaysia number via Whatsapp at +60129585884. She cannot understand English. You can type in Chinese or record voice messages in Chinese. Ask her for her rates. A small deposit of $300 is required as she also needs to secure her jobs.

Angelnite83

Hi Mummies to be,

I currently have a confinement nanny with me, she's Aunty Bao Zhen, a Malaysian in her 60s with 20 yrs old experience. She's been working in Singapore since circuit breaker announced. Her schedule is packed till end of this year.

My experience with Aunty is really excellent. She's very meticulous and responsible in both taking care of baby and mummy. She cooks a good varieties of confinement foods and for my family. Really appreciate her help when I needed the most.

For any potential mummies looking for confinement nanny with EDD in early Jan'21 onwards. Please contact her @ +60 17721 8523 via whatapps.

Thanks.

pupu11

My baby is born in 1st October and I engaged my Nanny (Pearly) through recommendation from a friend.
Initially the assignment is due end December but we've since extended her to end January due to the great help she's rendered.
I'll list down her good attributes:

1) Responsible, she takes good care of my baby and ensures that his needs are attended to before her own. The baby is with her most of the time even during afternoon breaks.
2) Modern, she does not impose on the mother traditional mindsets such as no bathing during the confinement period. She also in her forties hence she's pretty energetic.
3) Kind, she has a good personality and loves children, I'm pretty assured my baby is in good hands when I go out with my wife.

You may contact her at 8282 3523.

SBD

Hire Confinement Nanny - LOO SAI MOI a.k.a. 梅姐 at you and your babies' own risks!

To all parents out there and especially new parents, if you are reading this post, you are probably searching for a confinement nanny. I'm going to walk you through my 2 weeks of hell with her and hope that it will help you make the right decision before hiring.

1) Extremely poor hygiene standards
a) Kitchen, cutlery and utensils are always oily after washing

- I ended up having to clean the kitchen, wash the all the cutlery and utensils twice everyday. Note: Even if you are don't have OCD, you probably won't be able to take it unless you enjoy holding oily spoons and eating from plates with grease left overnight. In addition, be prepared to enjoy grease stained cabinet, refrigerator handles and of course all the bottles of your condiments etc. On certain occasions, you may also find bits of raw meat or fish on the handles.

b) Soaking babies clothes with poo with other baby's laundry
- Common sense will tell you that you need to wash the poo away before soaking with the rest. Imagine all the rest of the laundry smelling like poo after drying. In addition, if your water bills are too low currently, she is definitely capable of setting a new record for your household.

2) Using ingredients which are not 100% thawed to prepare meals
- I've highlighted this more than once and she replied by saying it's normal. If you are fine with wasting your efforts to buy the freshest ingredients from the wet market and let her serve you guys shit food or partially cooked food, please engage her services asap.

3) Handling babies without washing her hands after touching raw food
- I've caught her doing this thrice and gave her a stern warning. On the third occasion, she simply rinsed her hand with water and walked away. If you are thinking of boosting your child's immunity, imagine the type of bacteria your child will be exposed to for the next one month or so.

4) Liquid cleanser and other expendable items for your babies
- She basically use as though they are free (Technically, yes). To give you some context, 4 bottles of Pigeon Liquid Cleanser (700ml) depleted within 2 weeks. If you are feeling rich, by all means. Just make sure that you have enough space at home to stock up. By using more cleanser, more effort is needed to make sure that the milk bottles are cleaned properly and with her hygiene standards, I highly doubt so. Thankfully, this cleanser contains 100% food grade ingredients. This also brings you back to Point 1b, more cleanser used means more water is needed to wash. Once again, record breaking water bills.

5) Enjoys preparing milk in the nanny's room with my babies
- For convenience sake, she typically likes to have a tin of milk powder and a 3L flask of warm water in the room. I'm totally fine with that so long as it is easier for her while taking care of the babies but when I start to see ants in the room due to milk powder all over the floor, it is not cool anymore.

6) Insensitive to noise
- Refuse to close room doors and the lids of diaper trash bin gently throughout the day despite multiple reminders. Till date, I'm not too sure why she does that. Perhaps it's to train my child to sleep in an environment where there are sudden loud noises. One of her classic response to me on this matter was: "If you were to bring your babies out, can you tell the whole world to shut up? Babies must learn to live with noise."

7) Bottle feeding

- Every individual has got their own unique style and way of feeding the babies. However, for newborns, it is very important to hold them at the right angle during feeds so that they do not end up choking on milk. There were multiple instances when I saw her putting my babies almost lying flat while feeding and her eyes were closed.

8) Lunch ala carte requests
-
As her employer, I believe I'm responsible enough to buy her lunch everyday throughout her stay with my family. I will usually ask if she has any cravings otherwise I will just get her whatever I'm buying for myself. Subsequently, she started to get more demanding and started to request for additional ingredients along with the rice or noodles I'm getting. Honestly, I don't have any issues buying her extra food but with her F grade performance, I seriously don't think she deserves to be treated so well.

Finally, after two solid weeks, I decided to take the leap of faith and asked her to leave with immediate effect. She requested for me to pay her another week's salary as a form of compensation for early terminating her services otherwise she can report this matter to MOM. I've checked and there are no such regulations under MOM's law. Nonetheless, I've paid her the full sum in order for her to shut up and get out of my house in the shortest possible time.

As a new parent, this confinement journey is definitely not a pleasant one and I hope that the same fate do not fall upon you and your family. Your hard earned money can be better spent elsewhere.

carolSS

Hi there, I’m currently in the 3rd week with my private-hire nanny from JB Malaysia. She’s highly recommended by my relatives who’d always engaged her for confinement services. Taking this chance to spread her professionalism in this line to anyone who needs a efficient helping hand.

About her:
Name: Amy Kam. (Aunty Amy/ Amy Jie)
Currently 55yo. Cooks a range of edible cuisines from Chinese to Western. Handles the baby well. Not those rigid kind of nanny. She’s easy going, not gossipy and knows how to read the room. Main language of communication is Chinese with basic English level.

In accordance to PDPA, her contact will not be displayed publicly. Interested mummies can PM me for her details.

websurv

Hi would like to recommend our confinement lady who had just taken care of us.

The first thing that strikes us is her honesty.
When she promises a certain date she will make it. We have had experiences when looking for a confinement lady where they will get someone to stand in or tell you they can only make 3 weeks when they have accepted another job.

She has also offered to accompany our newborn for checkups. We actually had quite a few follow ups(once every 2 days) due to jaundice and she followed us to help take care of the baby in case there's a long wait.

During her stint, the baby was very well taken care of. I remember saying she's responsible for the baby.

This is actually our second child. We decided to try for a new confinement lady this time and there's no regret.
She's easy going and perceptive.

About her:
Her name is Auntie Fei from Pahang. She is about 60.
Has her own kids and about 15 years of experience as a confinement lady.
She can cook a variety of dishes so it's seldom the same flavor. For lunch and dinner, she will share the same food that she cooks, so there's no need to buy extra food for her.
She does not waste food, whatever she needs will mainly be used up by the end of confinement.

During our stint, she handled the floor and laundry(for the whole family) for us. You can check with her if she can help with that, or does she need to be remunerated, as this is not part of her duties.
Our kitchen is actually cleaner and tidier compared to the state it's in when she arrived.

She can be contacted via whatsapp: +60 16960 0911

A&F

Hi all, I am a first time mom with a baby boy. If you are seeking a skilled and experienced confinement nanny, I would like to recommend Nanny Evon.~ I found her through online forum & would like to share with other mummies. We feel incredibly blessed to have had her by our side, and we are confident that any family would benefit greatly from her expertise. She is easy-going and modern, mainly speaks mandarin and understands basic english.

She is experienced with postpartum care ensuring that both the baby and I received the utmost care and attention. She cooks very nourishing and delicious meals that were specifically tailored to aid in my postpartum recovery - meals for both me and my husband. I look forward to meals everyday because it is just so delicious! We got a helper on the last 2nd day before she left and she offered to teach and train the helper as much as possible before she left. On the last day, she was so sweet to go the extra mile to cook dinner for us (to eat later) even though she was leaving in the early afternoon.

She is also capable of doing grocery shopping on her own. She puts in extra effort to compare and check out other markets with cheaper deals for fresh fishes and lean meats for cooking daily postpartum meals so that we get the best at a good price. She also taught my husband & helper how to cook and where to buy the best inexpensive fishes/meat so that they can cook for me next time.

She effortlessly managed all the essential tasks with great skill and patience. She is like a baby whisperer -From feeding and diaper changing to soothing and settling techniques, she had a comprehensive understanding of our baby's needs. Our baby boy grew chubby and healthy and cleared the jaundice tests within the second visit. She trained our baby to be able to play quietly on his own and fall asleep without being carried all the time. Hence when she left, it was easier to look after and does not always need to be carried. When I got better, she trained me to bathe the baby so that I could train my helper next time. She ensures I was getting enough rest and offered to help us with the household chores. She has demonstrated a high level of initiative, anticipating our needs and taking care of tasks before we even had to ask. We felt completely at ease knowing that we could trust her implicitly.

Thanks to her guidance and expertise, we were able to navigate this transformative period with confidence and peace of mind. If you are fortunate enough to secure her services, you can rest assured knowing that you and your baby will be in the best of hands. We are still in touch with her via whatsapp whenever we encounter any issues with the baby or if we needed tips on cooking. Nanny Evon contact details: (+65 8301 2911 OR +60 16-3308664) - Can just voice message her.

Some of the dishes she cooked:

Attachments

Last edited: