need recommendations on nappy rash cream

desitin purple - like one mommy said. 40% zinc oxide. the ONLY diaper cream that's worked for my daughter - she's still using it at 17months. tried a number of other brands some mommies had listed above, but they don't work. it's the zinc oxide that prevents the rash

engel

Gonna use Desitin purple for 2nd one... But gotta tolerate the smell.... A little on the stinky side to me....

Anyways u needn't buy the big tube unless uve more than 1 baby using diapers. Bought a small one, lasted more than 6 mths( just wipe a thin layer, not smother on like a mask..:) )

babybull

Haha I think I'm the one who recommended the desitin purple stating that its the only diaper cream with 40% zinc oxide.

Dujuanrosa is right - its the high percentage of zinc oxide that works, and most of the other "organic" or "natural" brands have levels of zinc oxide varying from 8-15%. Which is not enough if you are truly dealing with diaper rash. (I know, I'm a freak - went round the pharmacy aisles comparing diapercream ingredients!!!).

But if you're using it as a preventive measure, the blue desitin or any of the other recommended brands will do, doesn't make much difference, ime.

hi dearies, i worked at a childcare/infant care centre and we used Desitin (purple) cream for nappy rashes. it works wonders. and not just for nappy rashes, should your child bump into anything or has some redness, the cream usually demolished the redness in less than 10 minutes. we recommend to all our parents and they are very satisfied.
Hi raranana, where can i purchase the cream? At pharmacy/watsons, they do sell?

vividmummy

Hi everyone,

I chanced upon this thread and saw the great number of recommendations on Desitin (Johnson & Johnson). I know it works great as I have tried it as well. Not trying to spread fear but I think you should know more about the formulation. It is definitely contains some nasty stuff in there. Whether or not it affects the baby's health later, I do not know.

Desitin Diaper Rash Maximum Strength Original Paste || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste, 3OZ Reviews & Ratings | GoodGuide

Butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA)
[h=2]Butylated hydroxyanisole raises a high level of health concern and is of regulatory concern because:[/h]
  • This ingredient is authoritatively recognized to cause cancer, according to the State of California (Proposition 65).

• This ingredient is suspected of causing skin or sense organ toxicity, according to sources compiled by Scorecard (Scorecard Home)

skt

I am recommended (by antenatal class at Parkway East hospital) to use Desitin (blue) for daily use to prevent rash. In any case there is a rash, Desitin (purple) comes in.

azuregal

Bepanthen Ointment is number 1 in Australia and New Zealand because of
a breathable ingredient which sets it apart from it's competitors. It
has been clinically proven to both prevent and treat nappy rash.

Not only that, the healing ingredients allows:

-Breast feeding mums to use it on themselves to treat sore/cracked nipples
-Heal dry capped and cracked skin
-Heal minor skin injuries such as minor burns and wounds

It is even good for acne skin!!!

Get Free Samples and info to win Prizes on my blog: Bepanthen Ointment is the answer for Nappy Rash and more… (Free Samples) | Jessie Ting Singapore Lifestyle Blogger - Beauty, Parenting, Food, Travel Blog