Need to reconfirm the procedure of birth registration without marriage cert

SAC

Hi,

I am Singapore PR. I am currently pregnant and the child's father is a Singapore Citizen. I will be a Single mother.
Can I still get BC for my child without a marriage certificate? Someone please advise. Thanks!

Metta

Hi,

I am Singapore PR. I am currently pregnant and the child's father is a Singapore Citizen. I will be a Single mother.
Can I still get BC for my child without a marriage certificate? Someone please advise. Thanks!

Perhaps you can call up to check with the ICA to ascertain which citizenship you intend to give your child.

For single mother who is a Singaporean, the child will be a Singaporean.

smting

but its gonna be a long, tiring and expensive one... it took me 1/2 yr just to remove his name and my case considered quite straight forward type as the father did not create "much' trouble for me.. i just pay and shut his mouth...

acutally if u r on good terms with the father, then its ok.. its up to individual..
Hi Hapieger:
I'm new to this website. I'm a Singapore PR and my children also SPR. I'm now having the problem to fight the child custody with the father. I'm really regretted for putting the father's name in the birth cert. The father has hid my 18months old baby in his condo and he asked the security not to allow me to enter. I just gone through the mediation and i decided not to agree with the offer.My lawyer told me that the chances to get my girl custody is very low. I am really panic now. My girl was still breastfeeding when the father took her away and now already 22days past. Police also told me that their power is limited. They can't do anything because the father's name is inside the birth cert. :(

smting

Hi,

Hi SAC,
You can get the BC through ICA and the baby will follow mother's status. Remember, not to put the father's name on the birth cert. If not you will be in trouble if one day you wanted to leave him and he fight for the child's custody. I'm having the problem right now as i never listen to my parents when register for my children birth cert. Now my 18months old baby has been taken away by his dad since 1/1/2014 and the police told me that the birth cert got the father name and they can't do anything. They also can't force the father to hand over the child. unless i have full custody of the child. I'm now fighting for the custody and my lawyer told me the chance is very low. Sad :(

Metta

Hi SAC,
You can get the BC through ICA and the baby will follow mother's status. Remember, not to put the father's name on the birth cert. If not you will be in trouble if one day you wanted to leave him and he fight for the child's custody. I'm having the problem right now as i never listen to my parents when register for my children birth cert. Now my 18months old baby has been taken away by his dad since 1/1/2014 and the police told me that the birth cert got the father name and they can't do anything. They also can't force the father to hand over the child. unless i have full custody of the child. I'm now fighting for the custody and my lawyer told me the chance is very low. Sad :(

It's sad when things don't go according to plan. I wonder why some fathers want to snatch the children when they are already cared for and following his surname. Anyway, we know that this world has more fools than wise people.

Even for properly married couples, unpleasant things can still happen.

To include the father's name or not, it is best left for the couple to decide; if there is a father, there should be a father's name. There are many, who had lived and are still living happily, without marriage certificates.

Every child deserves to grow up well.

tripchoc

Hi,

possible to share more on how you got the father's name removed from the birth cert... I am facing such a situation now (considering the removal). Would like to know how you go about doing it. Can email me daphnefoo@hotmail.com

Brot

Hi,

possible to share more on how you got the father's name removed from the birth cert... I am facing such a situation now (considering the removal). Would like to know how you go about doing it. Can email me daphnefoo@hotmail.com
Hi. Im currently also in same boat as u.. thus would like to know more too. could anyone help out w providing me more infomation? Can pm me pls

Chrisildah

Hello mummies
I am new here and I really really need some info abt my case.I am a Malaysian and have 2 sons with this Sg men.We are not married. My sons born in Malaysia and Malaysian. I have converted to Muslim and automatically my sons follow my religion. He is a hindu.Due to Malaysia law n Islam law,my both sons has no particulars abt their father in the BC.
My BF insist to make our sons as Hindu and not to be a Muslim. Apart of that he wants his particular to be in their BC which 1000* can not be done in Malaysia. He then suggest that we legalised our relationship soon in Singapore and asking me to change my citizenship to Sg and apply for the same to both our sons.Upon granted the citizenship,

Can my both sons add their father pparticular in the BC?

Will I have low chance or lost the custody if the marriage end up divorce in future if my both sons have their father particulars ?

Pls pls pls...advice me.

mikaelsmummy

Hi all, I'm Singaporean married with Malaysian man and giving birth tomorrow. Broke up with the man because adultery. But havent process divorce. is it a must to put his name down, and follow his surname? can i leave it blank? please please advice.

Loss88

hi can I check with you.. how can I remove his name from the birth cert. cos I call ICA they say its not possible unless is not his natural father from birth?

Thank you