Neighbourhood Schools CMI?

littlena

Alpha Male
Honestly I am seeing alot of kids from neighbourhood schools (Primary) behaving really badly... Some girls are scolding hokkien vulgarities without punctuation non stop ... It's really getting bad these days as the separation between "good" and "normal" grows deeper... in the past we still have a good mix ...now ... its not the same... don';t you think so?

wenz

actually all schools will have some black sheeps... it all depends on how you educate your child and let him/her know what is good and what is bad for them and what are the do and don't...
Its never too young to teach, they will eventually understand....
I had been thru this before and my son is in P5 now.... i always believe to teach them early, bulid the rapport with them young before they goes into sec and where all the influences comes.... cos by then they will not want to listen to you anymore....

so it has got to start young....

littlena

Alpha Male
actually all schools will have some black sheeps... it all depends on how you educate your child and let him/her know what is good and what is bad for them and what are the do and don't...
Its never too young to teach, they will eventually understand....
I had been thru this before and my son is in P5 now.... i always believe to teach them early, bulid the rapport with them young before they goes into sec and where all the influences comes.... cos by then they will not want to listen to you anymore....

so it has got to start young....
I agree completely but if they are surrounded by "lets call them naughtier kids" then chances are they will be influenced...

Well, my stand is always "children reflect their parents". We can't go around correcting every child, because ultimately, if their own parents do not correct them, then who can help? Sigh, I also have to agree with the , let's not let our children be surrounded by "so called naughtier kids". I know it is not their fault to be "naughty". They, I assume, are just very neglected children by busy parents. I am not sure what my son is capable of in future either. Kids know how to behave differently infront of parents. But given the example above about no punctuation, I guess these kids are pretty much the same despite setting!

wenz

children are very easily influenced... i noticed that in my son so i always need to correct him once i found him abit "not correct" haha...

but i agreed that those noti kids are usually neglected ones either their parents are rich or not very rich....

Its difficult to separate them in school so we really need to spend times monitoring our own kid and correct them if we find them misbehaving...
and i felt that the older the kids grow, the more difficult to handle as the problem arising can be pretty out of hand...

i just felt that always put ourselves in their shoes first, thinking at the same age, how we want or dont want our mum to treat or talk to us and use the same to approach them... we had been thru as a kid so more or less we know how they felt at that age and how they want us to treat them...

just my personal experience.... :001_302: