No more indication of blood group on our IC

aby

At age 30 or 31, we will be inform to renew our IC.. Beside the new security features, eg another small pix below the normal big pix, our blood group is no longer reflected.. :eek:

I personally prefer very much for the blood group to be indicated on the IC.. It's good when emergency happens.. What do u think?

lml2402

Ya, i also prefer blood group to be indicated on the IC. Who knows when emergency, how to check for it. :err:

aby

They may think they have very good computerised system etc.. But when crisis arises, probably blackout also.. :elvis: All chaotic!! :elvis:

Haiz, don't know the real reason behind this.. I even heard that hospital don't encourage bb blood to be tested for blood group even when parents requesting it.. What's the reasons? :embarrassed:

stonston

reason it was removed was bcos it is of no use. even if e IC is found on u, docs dun rely on it cos it may not be urs :)

so the safest method is still taking ur blood to test on the spot, which is wot they do in all patients tt need blood transfusion, etc...

mar_mum

reason it was removed was bcos it is of no use. even if e IC is found on u, docs dun rely on it cos it may not be urs :)

so the safest method is still taking ur blood to test on the spot, which is wot they do in all patients tt need blood transfusion, etc...
Ya. That's the reason it was removed. They'll do a blood test on the spot and not relay on the IC. So y waste space? :Dancing_wub:

LoVeS

I tink remove of blood grp on IC isnt gd~ Like example if i accident by seeing my IC can faster tell wat blood grp i am tt i need.:tlaugh:

stonston

I tink remove of blood grp on IC isnt gd~ Like example if i accident by seeing my IC can faster tell wat blood grp i am tt i need.:tlaugh:
as mentioned, if they realli need to noe blood grp, they rather test on e spot....there are rapid test kits tt onli take 1 min now....not like last time when it takes hours...
so with advancement in tech, they dunnid to have bld type on ur IC since they can test within a minute :)

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
Remember blood group is easier than rem our name, so easy how to forget.. so remove from the IC also good la. BTW, i already 35 but they didnt inform me to change IC leh.. still has my blood group there. :001_302:

XiaoXue

This no more indication of blood grp existed for quite long liaox.. when i replaced my stolen IC back in 2003.. there's this " - " under my blood grp.. so i keep joking i'm - blood grp.. =p

aby

hmmm TB and sis, is it u both had lost and replaced IC before? The purpose of renewing IC, I supposed is to update our latest look as the previous time is ard 17yo mah.. Sure face features etc changed abit..

rjj

hmmm TB and sis, is it u both had lost and replaced IC before? The purpose of renewing IC, I supposed is to update our latest look as the previous time is ard 17yo mah.. Sure face features etc changed abit..
i nvr lost leh... my ic is still the 17 yr old one... hehe.... still when i was 30 or 31, they nvr call me to change leh...

HAHAHA!!!! I not yet 30 arh????

aby

i nvr lost leh... my ic is still the 17 yr old one... hehe.... still when i was 30 or 31, they nvr call me to change leh...

HAHAHA!!!! I not yet 30 arh????
Wahahahahah!! Call the SIR to ask?? I was so happy to change IC ah.. Add christian name and niceer pix ma and new addy too!! .. heehee.. :red:

CynCyn

When I was 16 the first time I did my IC . The blood group was not stated on my IC either . I prefer with the blood group stated . Cos until now , I dunno what blood group I belong to . Haha !

When I was 16 the first time I did my IC . The blood group was not stated on my IC either . I prefer with the blood group stated . Cos until now , I dunno what blood group I belong to . Haha !

haha... i oso duno wats my blood grp leh... I onli noe its B but duno is B+ or B- or wat...

spottycow

Is it ar? I know alot of male friends prefer the pic when they r 17yrs old on their ic. :tlaugh:

stonston

when u were preggie ur gynae should have tested ur blood grp n given u a card indicating ur blood grp....

Endoh

Alpha Male
Nowadays, the computer systems across government departments are slowly interlinked. Even from the police TDS you see in the patrol car, they can retrieve information like blood group of yours. If you are admitted to a hospital which differs from the past, they can simply login to the centralised database and it's available to all ambulances and hospitals.

`julee

no blood group for me either.. jus like cyn lor...

but after labour i noe wat blood liao...
but i tink its rather cool to hav it on ur ic..