Noisy Breathing

Cheyenne

HELP, my DS of 6 weeks old have noisy breathing. Can hear him breath rather hard when sleeping.

Have check the nose, a little block and have remove the bigger piece out. But still noisy breathing. Scard got respiratory infection.

Any advise.

wawa

My son 6 weeks too, has the same problem. Told his PD during a mth assessment, was informed it's phlegm. So PD used a tiny tube and sucked it with a machine. The moment PD started, I super regret to let my boy go through it. He screamed, cry till all tears flowing down and while sucking, me n my hubby saw stain of blood too.

After that night, he refuses to let anyone to put anything into his nose. Used to remove the big dirt and he quietly let me do so, now i can only see but cannot touch. *sigh*

apollo

my ds also.. he's now 4 week old..

seen 2 pd but both say is normal for newborn to have noisy breathing, and normally will go off at 6-8 mths...

Ting

hmmm, pin also had this problem when young, its probably phlegm.
maybe u wanna check with your PD.
my PD didnt use machine to suck it out.
the medication he gv is inhaled de.
like put thru this machine then become "air" then pin breathe in.
said to help disperse the phlegm n help to let her cough it out more easily.

apollo

eh... wawa & Ting replies made me worry leh... hw come my pd say is okay de?? how?? :embarrassed:

CanCanMum

my son oso has noisy breathing and sometimes even catching for breath (like breathless)

he will breathe a while, stopped for a while, den catch up two quick breathes again ~~~

it went off after about a month plus after he is born, meaning about 1month old....

it may be due to they r not "expert" in breathing yet so sometimes they "forget" to breathe.....

and its very noisy oso. Can hear from next room.

If the blockage is making breathing difficult its beta to consult the PD to ask for advise.

I guess regina's bb is same case as mine so perhaps its not a case to be worried about.

If the phelgm is thick and blocking the airways normally PD will suck them out.

once or twice he accumulated some phelgm and doc prescribe those syrup to dissolve his phelgm...after tat was ok oreadi.

apollo

my son also has noisy breathing and sometimes even catching for breath (like breathless)

he will breathe a while, stopped for a while, then catch up two quick breathes again ~~~

it went off after about a month plus after he is born, meaning about 1month old....

it may be due to they are not "expert" in breathing yet so sometimes they "forget" to breathe.....

and its very noisy also. Can hear from next room.

If the blockage is making breathing difficult its beta to consult the pediatrician to ask for advise.

I guess regina's baby is same case as mine so perhaps its not a case to be worried about.

If the phelgm is thick and blocking the airways normally pediatrician will suck them out.

once or twice he accumulated some phelgm and doc prescribe those syrup to dissolve his phelgm...after that was ok oreadi.
he doesn't have any breathing "difficulties" so far (touch wood)... hedun seems to be uncomfortable on his noisy breathing but at night, we can hear his breathing and sounds pretty irritating haha...

CanCanMum

he doesn't have any breathing "difficulties" so far (touch wood)... hedun seems to be uncomfortable on his noisy breathing but at night, we can hear his breathing and sounds pretty irritating haha...
mine was scary.....can stop and catch up kind lols~~~

i spent almost an hour observing him in his sleep lols~~~

*touch wood*

Elaine010

My bb also the same when she's abt 2 mths old, my mum said is phlegm. She asked me to buy some 'bao yin tan' to give her, i bought from 'yu ren sen'... After taking the 'powder' seem like better, now she's ready 4 mths old, some time i still gave her the powder when i heard that some noice when she breath.

apollo

My baby also the same when she's about 2 mths old, my mum said is phlegm. She asked me to buy some 'bao yin tan' to give her, i bought from 'yu ren sen'... After taking the 'powder' seem like better, now she's ready 4 mths old, some time i still gave her the powder when i heard that some noice when she breath.
i also got buy bao ying dan... hmm maybe can let ds try try... :001_302:

uddermummy

i think almost all bbs will have noisy breathing cos their breathing passages are quite small.

my bb's breathing was also v noisy at first but now better. now only nosiy when she's got booger stuck in her nose.

if there's phelgm in the lungs, the pd should be able to hear it with the stethoscope so regina, you prob don't have to worry. :)

apollo

i think almost all bbs will have noisy breathing cos their breathing passages are quite small.

my baby's breathing was also very noisy at first but now better. now only nosiy when she's got booger stuck in her nose.

if there's phelgm in the lungs, the pediatrician should be able to hear it with the stethoscope so regina, you prob dont't have to worry. :)
tt's what the pd told me before ds was discharge with me.. but u know la, after become a mother, any small lil thing also will worry.. haha...

candy_ian

my baby had the same problem too since birth but it's more like a snorting sound. seen a paediatrician and it's due to small nasal airway which is common in young babies. till now he's 3 months+ still like that esp when in air con room..

Cheyenne

Thanks for all the active reply.

Doc only said to carry him upwards ie over your chest/shoulder instead of laying straight across arm. Said it help him to breath better. No memtion of sucking phlegm etc. Just let us go like that.

I also keep observing him while at sleep. So worried that he suddendly got breathing problem at night. Especiaaly when he 'like catch up on his breath'.

Can 6 weeks old take bao yin tan ? How to take, mix with milk ?

CanCanMum

Doc only said to carry him upwards ie over your chest/shoulder instead of laying straight across arm. Said it help him to breath better. No memtion of sucking phlegm etc. Just let us go like that.

I also keep observing him while at sleep. So worried that he suddendly got breathing problem at night. Especiaaly when he 'like catch up on his breath'.

i m not sure but i ddink its too young to take

i gave Baber Bao Ying Dan when he was 8 months old, juz dab a little and apply on his lips....so tat they swallow down with saliva

Perhaps u can check wif Eu Yan Sang?

redjn

my boy also had the same issue even till now. At time, he snores / breathe heavily. My pediatrician also tells me is normal for newborn to have noisy breathing, and normally in can last till they are much older (like 1 - 2 yrs) Maybe, some of you kids are like my boy having sensative nose which will cause heavy breathe during his sleep.

uddermummy

that's what the pediatrician told me before dear son was discharge with me.. but you know , after become a mother, any small lil thing also will worry.. haha...
yeah, i know what you mean.

everything we see a doc for dd, she will ask us 'first time parents ah?'

and then i'll feel so silly!

apollo

my ds took bao ying dan once when he was 3 week old cos tt time he keep cry and cry dun wanna slp... just pour a lil bit, just A LIL BIT, on ur finger and rub on his gum... it helps him to slp better also.. if u're not v sure, can ask the person at yu ren seng.. =)

Cheyenne

So funny... the sales in the medical shop at Pasir Ris Dr 6 told me that Bao yin dang is more for tummy upset. And recommend me this Pearl Bonxxxxx Powder that is suppose to 'melt' phlegm. I'm all confused now.

I think I will drop by a Yu Ren Sheng to check out.

Thanks God, the breathing not too noisy now after clearing the nose every alternate days and holding him up wards to sleep, and sleep with a higher pillow.

CanCanMum

oh i do heard from a medical hall shop owner (those old old man) that you have to minimise feeding of pearl powder to boys coz it will result in low sperm count...tats why they recommend Bao Ying Dan.

dont know how true.....anyone heard before?