Normal delivery after a cervical cerclage surgery

guaiguai

Hi all mummy & MTB.... just to see if there is anyone same as me... I went through a cervical cerclage/stitch during my 22 weeks of pregnancy as I have an incompetent cervix. Now I'm in my 35 weeks and bb will be coming out soon. I hope to go for normal delivery rather than c-section but I'm afraid that the moment the stitches are remove, the bb will come out anytime due to my weak cervix. Does anyone have a cervical cerclage before and follow by normal delivery? Wat is the duration between the removal of sitches and bb delivery?

Rgds,
guaiguai

pixie

I do not have such experience but pardon me, why will your baby be coming out soon as you are just in your 35 weeks? To be considered as full-term, you must be 38 weeks.

Even though the stitches on your cervix are removed, the baby wouldn’t just ‘slip’ out. Your cervix still needs to reach its optimum of 10cm before your gynae guide you to push…....well, that’s my thinking. I might be wrong and of course the best person to advise you is none other than your gynae.

Good luck and a smooth delivery J

chrio

Hi Ladies,
I would like to share my story hope to here from yours too.
In 12weeks my CL was already 2.5cm, my doc suggest to do cerclage to prevent preterm labor and i miscarriage twice i have 2 beautiful angels in heaven really love them so much, when the doctor told me he will do cerclage really gives me hope and i cant wait to have cerclage in me. After the cerclage my CL became 2.4-2.5cm so my doc put me on strictly bedrest, now im on my 18weeks+2days, i am praying to Almighty God that*
I will carry my baby into full term and always safe, i would like to ask to all who had placed cerclage alone, without taking any 17P shots, cyclogest etc. bec i am asking this medicine to my doctor but he said i already had a cerclage will keep my baby safe so he said i no need that, is there any out there same situation as mine not taking 17pshots or anything, and become a successful pregnancy with cerclage. Hope to here all of you guys soons . Thank you and God bless us all

Dilys

Usually cerclage will be removed in your 37 wks to prepare you for delivery. Just make sure that after removing, you are still having enough bed rest. Baby will come out anytime. 37wk is consider full term already.. so it's ok for baby to come out.. that why's cerclage is remove during that wk.

I have friends who deliver on the same day of after removing the cerclage, after 3 days and some exactly on their EDD. All normal delivery. It's a advantage for you as you don't feel much pressure on your cervix during delivery.

Good Luck !

Last edited:
Hi,

My cerclage was removed when I was 36 weeks and delivered my princess 2 days later. According to my doc, he mentioned, 36 weeks is consider full term.
I would think this time round will be the same as well, to deliver my 2nd baby when I'm 36 weeks.

Good Luck.. :)