normal detergent or baby's detergent?

kenxf_03

Hi mummies, when washing your baby's clothes, do u normally use the normal detergent adults use or specifically use baby's detergent? Does it make any difference?

CanCanMum

i juz dumped bb clothes to wash tog wif our clothes lols

should be fine unless yr baby has skin allergy den beta not.

CynCyn

I use baby detergent for infants as I don't wanna risk it . Baby skin may be sensitive .

snowbear

Hi mummies, when washing your baby's clothes, do u normally use the normal detergent adults use or specifically use baby's detergent? Does it make any difference?
I use baby detergent (Kodomo) if handwashing. If washing DD's clothes in machine with ours, i'd use the Pigeon detergent. Although it's baby detergent too, that's strong enough for adults' clothes too. So if you're thinking of saving, you can just buy that and use for the whole family. :)

LoVeS

All along we been using normal detergent for my ds but if ur baby for allergy then it is better to use baby detergent instead~

JazN

I've read from books that reco to use baby detergent as there are chemicals in normal detergent which may not be suitable for baby

Phoebii Cheng

We wash our son's clothes seperately and using baby detergent, mayb when they r older like 5 to 6 yrs then we will mix.....

joeichen

I dun mix oso, coz i felt children clothes r not as dirty as ours and their skin r more sensitive than us so our detergent might be too strong.

serenelm

i oso use baby laundry detergent for baby's clothes... when they turn 2-3 yrs old, then i switch to normal detergent... cos baby's skin is more tender n delicate...

for me since my gal is newborn i had been using Kodomo liquid detergent as i realli like the smell n it cleanses my hankerchief n those dirty bibs well :)

stonston

I use Pureen's ABD Powder cos it's cheap & a little will do.

Alternative is to get organic/natural soaps. I used to buy from Tanglin Mall but v exp, so now I buy online.

DodoTan

I used to separate the wash and use baby detergent for my son. But always felt that it was a huge waste of water and time as his clothes would hardly fill the base of the machine.

Then I found soapnuts. Organic, easy to use and cheap. Just 7 of the soapnut shells in a cotton bag together with the wash. Can be used up to 3 times if laundry is done in cold water. So now I don't need to separate the laundry anymore. It's really great and cost-wise is about the same as liquid laundry detergent. You can order it at this website OneEcoStep.com, Earth Friendly Products Delivery is free!

redjn

as for me, after consulting more of my friends & PD, it is more advisable to use bb detergent. this way it will lower the chance of developing skin allergy.

I have been using pureen liquid detergent since my boy's born. I like the fragrance not forgetting the cheapest detergent so far for my finding especially during sales it can be as low as $8.90 per 1 litre bottle.

i ask my mum and sis they say use normal detergent is fine too. imagine 10-20 years ago there's also no detergent specially for babies, so for me i'll just stick to their advise.

austrina

i m usin kodomo baby liquid detergent 2 wash both DD & DS clothes coz DS gt eczema so cant use norm detergent when hez young... nw he older abit liaoz so use norm LIQUID anti bac detergent... Nt in powder form coz muz rinse realli well if nt still gt residue 1...