Not drinking much milk for the whole day.

cutieseah

Hi mummies, my gal this few weeks have been behaving weird.. she dun drink her milk and whenever she drinks its jus a few slurp then she will start to cry.. then i dun feed her already, she will cry n cry. and for the whole day, she can actual drink onli 480ml, which is so little for her expected amt if milk. Can any mummies advise mi wat is gg on here?? she doesnt seem like she sick, she still can play, is it tat she dun like her milk anymore and i have to change to another brand? or should i change to goat or soy milk for her??

Ashbaby

Hi mummies, my gal this few weeks have been behaving weird.. she dont drink her milk and whenever she drinks its just a few slurp then she will start to cry.. then i dont feed her already, she will cry n cry. and for the whole day, she can actual drink onli 480ml, which is so little for her expected amt if milk. Can any mummies advise mi what is gg on here?? she doesnt seem like she sick, she still can play, is it that she dont like her milk anymore and i have to change to another brand? or should i change to goat or soy milk for her??
Sound like she is having colic, give her anti colic drops 0.5hour before her milk intake.

Mummy to Baby V

3-4 months old could be period of teething. Teething discomfort could make some babies reject drinking milk.

If unsure, better bring baby to see a paed.

cutieseah

3-4 months old could be period of teething. Teething discomfort could make some babies reject drinking milk.

If unsure, better bring baby to see a paed.
is it?? how do i noe whether if she really teething?? is there any symptoms other than reject her milk??

she will be gg for her 2nd vaccine tml so i think i will on the way see the doc and ask y ba..

thanks

liz2010

is it?? how do i know whether if she really teething?? is there any symptoms other than reject her milk??

she will be gg for her 2nd vaccine tml so i think i will on the way see the doc and ask y ..

thanks
other symptoms: she can drool a lot. Some babies have fever, diaper rash. She can be more grumpy.

cutieseah

other symptoms: she can drool a lot. Some babies have fever, diaper rash. She can be more grumpy.
hihi, she got no fever leh... rashes oso dun have.. ask the nurse le, she say it jus tat bb change her habit onli... when she wan to drink then drink if not she will reject it... and as long as she nv drink, n will still play and laugh, tat will be fine... if she nv drink n very grumpy, keep crying then there is pro so if this happen then got to see doc n find out wat happen...

hapieger

hihi, she got no fever ... rashes also dont have.. ask the nurse , she say it just that baby change her habit onli... when she want to drink then drink if not she will reject it... and as long as she never drink, n will still play and laugh, that will be fine... if she never drink n very grumpy, keep crying then there is pro so if this happen then got to see doc n find out what happen...
yes, it happened to my gal too.. she just turned 4 mths last sunday. Her first intake of the day is around 4pm and the last intake is 6am.. which means inbetween 6am - 4pm, she can drink nothing and sleep all the way.. Despite that, she is still a happy and active baby but just that her drinking habit makes us worried... its a big headache when comes to feeding time cos she will put up a struggle and refuse her milk..

floramay

Hihi,

I am having the same problem with my dear son also. He is 3 months old and also rejecting milk. Ytd afternoon he drank only 55ml at 11 plus and 60ml at 4 plus. But then at 7pm he like super hungry one shot drank 120ml. I was also struggling when I need to feed him. Other than drinking, he is still playful and happy and able to sleep very long. But I find his pee-pee yellowish :S

Really dunno what's going on.

Someone please advise and share. Do I wait for him to cry for his milk then feed or I force him to drink which is a struggle?

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
My cousin about 6 months then is goin to teething lei.. She tends to wann bite something and put things inside her mouth...

Mummy to Baby V

Hihi,

I am having the same problem with my dear son also. He is 3 months old and also rejecting milk. Ytd afternoon he drank only 55ml at 11 plus and 60ml at 4 plus. But then at 7pm he like super hungry one shot drank 120ml. I was also struggling when I need to feed him. Other than drinking, he is still playful and happy and able to sleep very long. But I find his pee-pee yellowish :S

Really dunno what's going on.

Someone please advise and share. Do I wait for him to cry for his milk then feed or I force him to drink which is a struggle?
I don't support force-feeding for 2 reasons:
- may create negative emotions for baby with regard to feeding
- may end up vomiting everything out

Maybe baby is teething and doesn't like the bottle teat?
You may try alternative ways such as:
- spoon / cup / syringe feeding
- wait till baby is sleepy and calm, then feed
- dream-feed: feed when baby is asleep, tickle baby's lower lip with bottle teat and he may open mouth to drink subconsciously
- give regular small feeds

All the best! :)

meiteoh

When babies hit 3 to 4 mths, they go through a stage of "distractable baby" whereby the environment is so interesting that they lose interest in food. I had this "problem" with Eva - she would latch on (I was still BFing directly then) for less than 2 minutes and would refuse. If I force her, she'd cry and cry. After talking to other BFing mummies, and the LC, I let it be and dream feed her or feed her when she's sleepy, and kept up the night feeds. Even my paed told me that it's normal and ask me to continue what I was doing. A month later, she was back to her old schedule.