NUH bill size 2013

MakeBelieve

Hi Mommies!

Please help to share your recent NUH delivery bill so that new mommies-to-be (like me!) can better plan our finance and choose the best available options to suit us!

Thank you so much!

Hi mummy,
My edd at 19th dec with my 2nd child at NUH. I was refered frm poly. So i do get government sub on every visit. So far doctor fees is abt $30+. And if hav scanning or other tests, it goes up to $100-$200. And i m at 22nd week rite nw and i dint take the package of $400. Coz u have to pay for it all in 1go and if there is additional scanning u hav to top up. So i refused. And so far hav nt discussed abt my stay at hospital and delivery yet. So even i m a bit confused abt the bill size.

This is my 1st exp with nuh. And hopefully will nt be disappointed!

ultragirl

I delivered a boy in march 2013. gynae is Dr Su Lin Lin. She is a nice and gentle doctor. the bill size for delivery is ard SGD4100 under single room stay. after medisave deduction, I paid ard 2000.

MakeBelieve

I delivered a boy in march 2013. gynae is Dr Su Lin Lin. She is a nice and gentle doctor. the bill size for delivery is ard SGD4100 under single room stay. after medisave deduction, I paid ard 2000.
Hi ultragirl,
Thanks for sharing!

Like simplemum I was also at the subsidised clinic but after an unpleasant encounter with one of the female gynae, I decided to switch to Dr Su.

Will be seeing her on 2 Sep so glad to know I can roughly set aside 2k for cash top up.

MakeBelieve

Hi mummy,
My edd at 19th dec with my 2nd child at NUH. I was refered frm poly. So i do get government sub on every visit. So far doctor fees is abt $30+. And if hav scanning or other tests, it goes up to $100-$200. And i m at 22nd week rite nw and i dint take the package of $400. Coz u have to pay for it all in 1go and if there is additional scanning u hav to top up. So i refused. And so far hav nt discussed abt my stay at hospital and delivery yet. So even i m a bit confused abt the bill size.

This is my 1st exp with nuh. And hopefully will nt be disappointed!
Hi simplemum,
I had a great experience at the subsidised clinic till 35wks. I hope yours continue to be a pleasant one as the delivery charge is really a big difference between subsidised and private patients!

Hi simplemum,
I had a great experience at the subsidised clinic till 35wks. I hope yours continue to be a pleasant one as the delivery charge is really a big difference between subsidised and private patients!
Hi, thx for sharing... Whn r u due thn? And r u going for normal or csec... I hv yet to decide on wht to do... Everyone i ask said they had private doctors... But i m in subc... Sont sure.. Though i dnt mind to be in hospital alone with the bby. But i jst hope they take a good care of babies...

MakeBelieve

Im moving to 36 wks soon so Im really excited and nervous!
My edd is 25 sep.

Yes im sure we want all the best things for our babies but financially it could be a major factor as well.

Im pushing for normal delivery preferably without epi.
This will be my first baby and I hope it will be a fast labour lol.

ultragirl

Btw, was yours normal delivery? With or without epi?
And how long was your stay?
Mine was normal delivery without epi. Water bag burst 12.15am, admitted at 2am, diluted 2 cm at 2am, then diluted 10cm at 5am, baby was birth at 6am. This is my first baby. I requested to have epi as too painful, I keep screaming. Then the nurse checked n ask me to push as I already diluted 10cm. Alamak. I almost wanted to give up but luckily got Dr Su n another France nurse ard. They keep encourage me. Besides, got to thank my husband too. He let me bite , scratch him, scold him during delivery. :p

MakeBelieve

Lol ultragirl thanks for the insight! I find it hilarious and scary at the same time!
I cant imagine rushing to the hospital in the wee hours!