OCBC or Standard Charter bank for CDA accounts?

hondaskoda

Alpha Male
Hi All,
please advise which bank you use for the CDA accounts?
what are the benefits for the 2 banks, OCBC or Standard Charter?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Re: OCBB or Standard Charter bank for CDA accounts?

elaine82 said:
OCBC interest higher :)
It all depends ... when they first started, StanChart was the one offering higher interest. However, my son was born 1 week late, so that promotion was already over.

In the end, I chose OCBC becoz it provides an option of earning even more interests ... by transferring the CDA funds to Fixed Deposit in $5k blocks. Personally, I think you should do a comparison between both banks just after your baby has arrived ... things may have yet changed again, by then.
:wink: :wink:

hondaskoda

Alpha Male

Hi
I have check on the interest rate on the CDA, both banks are quite similiar,
But the person at the OCBC counter is not able to advise on the insurance coverage, Standard Charter offers FHMD coverage etc..
Does anyone know which bank has better insurance

CDL

Hi
I have check on the interest rate on the CDA, both banks are quite similiar,
But the person at the OCBC counter is not able to advise on the insurance coverage, Standard Charter offers FHMD coverage etc..
Does anyone know which bank has better insurance
The last I checked both banks are rather similar as far as rates go. With insurance, I would prefer getting that from an insurance agent/broker instead - he will be able to advise you on the best plans for your needs (not necessarily from one particular insurance company).

Most of the mommies seem to prefer OCBC - they have banking on Sundays. You might also want to consider the following - which bank has branches that are more conveninent for you, which bank allows you to do internet banking and which is easier to deposit and transfer $.

I am with SCB as husb & I went to several OCBC branches and found that there were alot of people there ( so had to queue for a while). It could have been busier banking periods but we wanted less queues and shorter waiting time.

Just my opinion. Hope this helps.

i opted for ocbc because they have higher interest if you have a monthly contribution of at least $50 into the cda acct.