Old Memories

How did your hubby propose to you? Where and how?

• Some stupid questions before the actual question

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Proposed infront of everybody - Announce instead of proposal

• Proposed in a romantic restaurant with personalised live music

• After several rejections

• Erm.....girl intiated the proposal

• Hidden ring inside a cake or something....actions speak louder den words

• On some major function, proposal was initiated by the Host

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanCanMum

Hi!

Got this interesting question posed by my cousins (all below 16) yesterday.....which haha, makes me wanna laugh....

How did your hubby propose to you?

included a poll for some common proposals....

please share any uncommon or SURPRISE proposals.....

None of all above....:embarrassed:

we walked pass ROM (near the slope) & he suddenly asked

' wan go take a date?! ' :wecry: so sad wen nw came to tink of it!

Catty

Mine is the last option :embarrassed:

Think s'porean guys is not that romantic compare to other countries bah.. :weno:

gzifa

I think they aren't either.. :(

Mine one day just began talking about marriage and plannings. Like its obvious we're to marry.. no proposals, no romance! :nah:

sugarcookie

My husband proposed to me on a plane. We were heading towards Hong Kong and when the plane was landing, he suddenly whipped out a ring and asked me to marry him! Everyone around us was staring! I didn't say anything at first and he had to ask a few more times in front of everyone before I said YES!

CanCanMum

huh!????!!!!

so mine still considered romantic liao lor......

somemore he like got tears in his eyes if i said no.....

but that look i will neber eber forget eben if i grow old......

but hor....according to a guy hor....it takes alot of courage to propose de ley....so if they are really sincere shd just say yes lor...LOLs

gzifa

ya lor.

anyway in the end, its how long he's loving and caring for u. not what he does on occasions only... met too many 'Casanovas', till i'm happy with my down-to-earth one.

DodoTan

For my case, we used to talk about what we'd do when we got married and stuff like that while we were in the uni. So after we graduated, we were still talking about future plans and mutually decided when would be a good time to get married. He officially proposed in the car after a very nice evening of movie, dinner and walk by a jetty.

CanCanMum

we never talked about anything before marriage....and after marriage it takes a while before we can get used to living together....coz after marriage all the bad things start surfacing.....kekeke......

EnFlor

I was not aware that he was going to propose to me on that day coz he told me not to doll-up myself. In his own word, 'I'll pick you up now and just wear what you are having now.' Phew! Thank god, i had clothes on right!

Went to East Coast.
Surprise No 1 : He took out a large picnic basket.
Surprise No 2 : He set up picnic table, put on radio with light music and lit some scented candles.
Surprise No 3 : We ate sandwiches that he made himself....first time ever!

And so, i asked whatz all these abt ? He said, nah just to cheer me up considering that i was so stressed up with work matters the week before. Ok, this blur queen still thought of nothing until minutes later he took out roses from his picnic basket and popped the qs. I almost gagged on my sandwich and was stunned. There was a few minutes of silence between us.... Y ? trying to chew the sandwiches and push them down my throat, at the same time gathering the right words to say.

The only word that came out was YES! Felt the earth moved under my feet when i said that....reallly. And he took my hands (fingers still with mayo and sauce) and we had our dance under the trees. Yup, pple watched us, i was over the moon :shyxxx:

That was almost 10 years ago and i could remember the events vividly

gzifa

last nite i whined to mine abt this thread. say he no more romantic!

so im HOPING to see some effort. heh

EnFlor

last nite i whined to mine abt this thread. say he no more romantic!

so im HOPING to see some effort. heh

gzifa, you are not alone babe. Mine too, from Mr Romantic to Mr Low-mantic....hehehhe. Well, romance level gets lower everytime a baby pops out.

I often joke with him lah, 'Hey, u dupe me hah, what happen to your suave moves man,' But on a serious note, rather have him this way now, scared if he is too suave, other girls will be swooned by him. Let the Mrs now do the romance, kekkkkekk

CanCanMum

its always like tat de la.....

i have not received flowers since 2006 leh.....poor thing right?????

Last time every occasion sure have leh.....

babymoon

haha.. mine is - Kneel on floor with ring - only TWO OF YOU
consider ok lah coz is a diamond ring and that's proposal ring..
yah.. last time still have flowers sent to office but after got baby gal then i told him don't send liao.. then really no send le.. :(
this yr wedding anniversary i got a gold necklet.. (few days ago).. hehe..

shopaholic

Mine was the kneel down with ring. I suspected he's up to something when he gave me flowers over dinner and while taking a stroll later, he whisked out this little blue box, kneeled down and proposed along the Sentosa bridge. I said yes immediately. :)

CanCanMum

haha!!!!

meee oso said yes immed o/w he like wanna cry like tat...guys are soOOooo cute when they are serious....real serious..kkekekekeke