Omega 3 fish oil pregnancy

Meowmummy

Should we take omega 3 fish oil pregnancy? cause i heard to help in Brain development, eating too much fish might not be good, cause too much intake of mecury.

Dhiany Nugraha

My gynae gave me fish oil since 14 weeks now im 17week and it will continue.. I heard we should take fish oil to help the baby brain development

Alisa

usually gynae will give but i buy myself from guardian. as long it is fish oil, not cod liver oil will do. Cod liver oil has too much of vit A which is harmful when we are preg.

My gynae got me started at wk 12. i realised later that its earlier than most ppl but i dunno any better. my clinic sells Dhaxtra fish oil but i find it too exp.
so looking to find alternatives. so far havent found any with equivalent contents as Dhaxtra. other than Efamol any other brands?

mums the word
so far i have not done any research... bought Efamol because a friend recommended it for pregnancy and i bought it at 2 bottles for around $45 at Unity for a promotion (not sure if the promotion still exists in Unity now, i bought it one month back). My Gynae give me the green light to start so i assume the brand is ok...
1 bottle 30 capsules

NinaNeuron

My gynae asked me to start taking in week 12, so I started on the prenatal formula of the one I usually take. It's Minami Nutrition. I usually order online together with children's DHA for my 6yo DS1. This brand uses smaller types of fish like sardines, mackeral - less mercury content.

CYin

mums the word:780884 said:
My gynae got me started at wk 12. i realised later that its earlier than most ppl but i dunno any better. my clinic sells Dhaxtra fish oil but i find it too exp.
so looking to find alternatives. so far havent found any with equivalent contents as Dhaxtra. other than Efamol any other brands?
mums the word, I am taking Dhaxtra I got from my gynae too.. it is quite expensive but I couldn't find any other fish oil that has similar content as Dhaxtra.. There is a recommended ratio for DHA /EPA content for pregnant woman ( can't remember the ratio) and Dhaxtra is the closest one that I can find

oic.. i'm still taking dhaxtra but on days when i have cod fish or salmon fillets i 'll skip it.
i find keeping track of how much fish i eat and the types of fish i eat very troublesome. lol. plus good quality fish v exp and since i always eat out, really tough to get balanced meals.
if possible, natural foods is definitely best!

viclou

i did not take any supplements, but try to eat healthy eg trying veryy hard to eat more fish thou i really cant stand the taste after i got pregnant..hah!

Win Won

hi hi,

any recommendations on Over-The-Counter Calcium supplement? currently in 2nd trimester but find my multivit's calcium very low.
i also don't drink milk daily…

I take the fish oil given by my gynae and I think I read somewhere that the dosage is different fr pregnant ladies. So better check with your gynae whether your OTC one is ok.

Win Won

Hi MistyCloud,

Thanks a lot for yr reply! I'm more concerned on the calcium part. u are quite right that I should talk to my dr.
but sometimes i find my dr receptive to some of my questions :p

mswong

I am in my Week 16, planning to get Omega fish oil from pharmacy as I used to do it for my first pregnancy.
I think I started it earlier during my first pregnancy.

EliseToh

Dear mummies-to-be, you may wish to consider pharmaceutical-grade supplement instead of those with medicinal content. My pregnant friends who are taking the pharma-grade ones experienced no nausea, no swollen limbs, no backaches, no acne, little hairfall, etc. Some were still running around until their last hour before birth. Their newborns were also complete, healthy and seldom fall sick; some had thick hair also. Recently, I got to know that President Obama is also taking the same brand. Just feel free to PM me if you'd like to find out more. Take care and see ya! :)