Online Shopping for Baby Items - Advice needed

Hello mummies,

I'm still having my maternity leave and giving my baby EBM & supplementing with formula. So I am rather home-bound. Though I go out shopping during the weekends at times, I do not like leaving my baby with my maid or mother-in-law for too long.

I find out about this online shopping website Online Shopping For Your Needs With WorldWide Free Shipping - DinoDirect.com.
There are various items on sale including baby items. I have not bought any product from the website, so I will like to know if there are other members who buy products from the website and give me some advice.

I'm considering to buy some baby clothes, bibs and toys for baby... Any advice from members who have bought things from this website? How is the quality? Delivery time?

Last edited:

ks76mummy

Hi Excited Mummy,

Went to the website to check it out =) but it seems like some of the baby products are more expensive than Amazon (at least for those items that I have bought from Amazon before such as milk bottles).

Also find it quite strange that they dont't reflect the brands of the items but used very general terms to describe the items (my hubby made a comment that maybe you can't ask for refunds if they were to send you a different bottle since the brand was not listed), so just be careful and specifc if you want to order.

Also realised that they seem to based in Chong Qing, China (Under "Contact Us" page) so you might want to check on the authenticity of the products...

Lastly, they only have EMS as a shipping method for Singapore (normally EMS is used to ship items from China). Personally I prefer DHL/Fedex as they are definitely more reliable and faster.

Just my humble opinion =) Hope this helps.

Lynn14

Hi.. I like shopping from the Gmarket.. Items there are cheap, bought alot of bibs just $2.50 sometime even have promotion @$2 only n 5 long sleeve rompers @ $15.90, free delivery.
Below are the link, u can check it out :)
https://my.gmarket.com.sg

Fredia

Your are so attentive, www.dinodirect.com is a China website, however, I think we just need to get what we like and the quality is great. The brand is not very important to me. I have to admit the price is lower related to Taobao, maybe it is connect with the China consumption level. Of course, it's just what I think.

ks76mummy

Hi Fredia,

Not very attentive :) Just learnt a couple of tips from my uncle who is doing investigation work haha.

Agree that brands might not be important but I dont't like the way they put up pictures of the branded products if they are not selling them. Will give mummies a wrong impression.

Also, I seriously dont't find them cheap. Or maybe I am mis-reading something. The NUK 125 ml bottle cost SGD$24.39 per bottle while I can get 3 for US$14.88 in Amazon? Please also note that while they showed 2 bottles in the picture for SGD$24.39, if you scroll to the end of the page, it says package included = 1 x baby bottle. How can that be lower than taobao? Seems like they are quite sneaky about stuffs.

Anyway, looks like you bought something from them before? Then you must be the lucky few :)

Just google DinoDirect scam and there are at least 10 pages of such complaints. If you go into each search results, you will find another tens and hundreds of individual complaints.

I also read from the forums that they have been reported to HK, USA and UK police forces respectively (places where they appear to have physical presence). But think the police can't do much as the USA and HK addresses appear to be fake or dont't belong to them. I must put in a disclaimer that I am not sure if the forum comments are true too, but I think it is better to err on the safe side especially for baby products. Well, I'll leave it to mummies here to decide for yourselves on this website. For myself, I always remind myself to "open my eyes" when purchasing from website with such reputation online already.

Just want to share some thoughts on this matter .... hope it is useful. :)

Thank you for the suggestions. Trying to find some good teething rings for ~5mth old baby. Went to Isetan to look at various brands... Nuk, Pigeon, Philips AVENT... Think AVENT one is made in Msia. Though Nuk is a German brand and Pigeon a Japanese brand, the teething rings are made in China...

What to look out for in a good teething ring? BPA free, non-toxic... what else? Can it be sterilised? Or just wash with hot soapy water?

cocotan

Hi mums

why do you choose baby items buy from taobao? taobao is the lasrgest online shop in china.because the cheapest price ,Efficient way and good quality.more and more people like buying from it.but for the foreigners,they want to buy the items from it,there are some problems ,such as: Payments, freight problem

some taobao sellers will add the price for the foreigners,but for them,they don't understand chinese,usually buy the expensive than Chinese people

so they need to find a taobao agent

Taobaobuying is a experienced, professional and efficient group.we help people in overseas to buy goods from China shopping website.Low service fee,cheap international shipping cost with high quality service.Don't hesitate any more!To be your taobao agent,enjoy your taobao shopping!
more information,pls view:taobaobuying
Email: taobaobuyingservice@gmail.com

valeri

Hi,
If you are trying to buy something online, find a Singapore based website,I think it is safe, easily we can contact them if we are not satisfied the quality of the product or the product is damaged etc....cannot say brand is not important when we are very particular about quality.. especially for baby products.

3 times I bought different baby products from this online shop Vanille Vanille et Chocolat et Chocolat
Branded products with reasonable price