Organic Cereal ...

bakaholic

Try cereal with pureed fruit first, add water to it to get the right consistency. I am not sure how the taste will be with both fm and fruit in there.

ling.er

Hi mummies..

Another question here.. Can the healthy life time Cereal Mix with other brand of cereal ( Nestle or friso crem ) ? I stil have a bottle of healthy life time cereal which Son dun like to eat... Whenever MIL make Theb cereal & feed him the 1st spoon he will give those Vomit face ><"

I told MIL to add fomular alrd .. I told her add apple too but she juz add formula..

My consent is could i add other brand or cereal.. Cos Nesle is sweet so mayb add Healthy time which is plain wan = Nt so sweet cereal for him...

tanfamily

hi, just want to share, mum and i did bulk order for sprout organic baby food with variety of flavours with other mums, my daughter love it a lot.. a tooth for organic baby food. surprisely, she do not like other bottle food available in supermarket.

Sonjablade

you can try Organix cereal ... my daugther used to eat bellamys but due to out of stock at store, i bought the organix brand instead and she seemed to love it. you can get them at four seasons organic market at city square mall and parkway parade

mollyshen

You can shop in US website for organic good!

Frankly , I think vitacost is much cheaper than the Iherb. Can refer to mine
$15 cash bonus for new user sign up at US shopping website

currently, shipping fee from vitacost is up. so I think new customer will prefer vitacost because it has $10 off and cash rebate (iherb doesn't have).
If you want $10 coupon from me, you may mail me your First name , Last name (not real name also be fine) and one mail address which not register in VT to my mail box : mollyshen@163.com. I’ll send back you the Referral Link, just click and complete the registration and you will receive a $10 coupon code in your registered mailbox.
(Ps.:If your mail address is already registered in this vitacost, you are not able to got the coupon even via Referral Link.)

And yes, February special: $8 off for first time customers instead of $5.00. Ends by the end of February 2012,
providedExtra 5% discount for orders over $60.00

Referral code MAP838
Shipping fee only $4.00 for less than 4 lbs.

Normally I will compare Iherb and vitacost before purchasing. :)

lyra

Mummies, how do I make organic brown rice and cereal for baby? What are the steps to cook them? Can I just get from organic shops (the kind adults can also take) or must it be certified for baby?

bakaholic

there are ready organic brown rice cereal for baby on the market. Brands like healthy times (found in ntuc), bellamy, organic can be found cold storage as well.

lyra

I don't want to buy ready made, prefer to make myself. Where can I get the brown rice and how to make it?

there are ready organic brown rice cereal for baby on the market. Brands like healthy times (found in ntuc), bellamy, organic can be found cold storage as well.

bakaholic

To make your own, you have to wash and dry the rice and then find somewhere to grind it cos our normal blender might not be able to do it.
i have never done it so all the best to you!

lyra

Thanks, bakaholic. Sounds like a lot of work. I'll try to look for places that sell ground brown rice... hopefully there are!

To make your own, you have to wash and dry the rice and then find somewhere to grind it cos our normal blender might not be able to do it.
i have never done it so all the best to you!

marshmallows

Organic stores sells ground brown rice powder. Look for those that need to be cooked over the stove so you'll know it's not instant type (usually for a few minutes to get a nice smooth gluey texture).

Eu Yang Sang also sells ground brown rice powder (needs to be cooked too) suitable for babies, and its added with 四神粉 which is said to simulate and improve appetite.

Last edited:

lyra

Thanks for great info, marshmallow! I found an organic store that sells ground brown rice and another 2 types of beans. They also have instant ones. I'll try Eu Yang Sang too. The 四神粉 sounds nice :)

Organic stores sells ground brown rice powder. Look for those that need to be cooked over the stove so you'll know it's not instant type (usually for a few minutes to get a nice smooth gluey texture).

Eu Yang Sang also sells ground brown rice powder (needs to be cooked too) suitable for babies, and its added with 四神粉 which is said to simulate and improve appetite.