Overeacting?

Lesalynn

Hi,

I have been feeling very troubled recently and cried almost every day. It might seem small issues compared to what I have been reading here..... but I really felt emotionally tired.

It all started when my hubby forgot my birthday. I couldn’t believe and feels really hurt when he had forgotten all about it and even came home after midnight on that day. It hurts especially when many of my friends remember and msg me to wish me and some even gave me a birthday treat. The next day, he did brought me out for dinner to make up for it. But the hurt is there.

The following week, he received a whatsapp from his supplier, a lady whom has been helping and supporting him when he worked overseas before. This lady has a son and lived together with her bf (a divorcee). She told him that she had 2 weeks mc because her bf hit her and she’s looking for a room to rent. This lady is not a Singaporean and thus claimed that she has no one to turn to help in Singapore.

My hubby wanted to help her as she has been very supportive when he needs help in his career. He told me he wants to ask his mum to rent out her room. My mil is not staying with us and has a 3 room flat. When he told me that, I wasn’t very happy and started crying again. Despite my behaviour, he went ahead and asked his mum the next day. On the very day, I also expressed how I feel to him via sms. I did not know he actually go ahead and asked his mum than. Following day, his mum came to my house and actually asked me about this lady. I couldn’t believe my ear when I heard it as I thought he would not have helped, given the way I reacted. His mum was not very happy about the renting and asked me questions about this lady which I cannot answer. I msg him and told me my disappointment when I found out from his mum that he still goes ahead despite my unhappiness. He replied that the lady had already found a room.

After checking his hp, I realized that it’s the lady who told him she found a room, he still ask her where and with who. There’s no replies from the lady thereafter, but I’m not sure if they meet up. I also got to know that the lady before finding a room, had told him she can only afford $400 for the room. My mil is a very money minded person and she had told me that the lady is staying by herself so how can she afford the whole room rental? Though all kinda comes to an end, however, I kept thinking if she didn’t back out, would he go ahead, put pressure on his mum and rent the room to her, pays the balance for her to his mum!!! He told me there’s nothing between them.

It’s like he don’t care about how I feel and wants to go all out to help her even though I expressed my unhappiness.

After all these, I would cry when I’m alone. Can't stop myself from thinking negatively. Yes I told him I have mild depression but he didn’t do anything about it. And yes I have children. Though our conversations and other incidents, I felt that he do not care about me and my feelings at all. Sometimes even belittle me.

Am I overreacting? But I really cannot control my tears and my negative thoughts!

pipilili

Hi Lesalynn,
I feel you n understand how you feel. Sometimes men take us for granted.
Are you a working mom? If yes, do you have a maid to help w chores? For me, I try to keep my hubby out pf hsewk etc so he's practically np help tp me for hsehold stuff. I depend on my maid for cleaning, cooking.
Caring for kids, I play with my toddler alot and can see she prefer mommy than daddy. 一份根云,一份收货。
My hubby play with his hp once hm. I have already told him to spend time with our toddler, if he doesn't I oso dun want to nag.
Weekends he will be sleeping as if he didnt sleep the night before. I really dont care as well. I will dress up beautifully and bring my maid n daughter out. And he will call us aftee he woke up n ask us whr we are. If I am nice, I send him a pic of what we are doing outside.
I think men thinks we are some naggy boar after we have kids. I like to make him think twice whether he prefer his current family or his new sweetheart (if any).

Be independent! Travel in bus mrt or taxi with your kids. We don't need to sit in their car n listen to their stupid car rules.
Dress up! Look good, feel good! Let the world see the beautiful you.

You must be strong because you can do it. (I used to cry alone in the middle of the night over suspecting hubby has another woman outside etc. Now I don't care, because mature ppl don't hurt their cloest ppl. I make myself look beautiful and good and take care of my kids well because they need me. And they will be behind me, supporting me in future)

Do be strong.

Pocoyo80

:Dancing_wub: 100% Agree with pipilili!

Focus on urself and kids. Temporary leave him out of the equation. It is possible that one day, he may turn ard and beg u for attention. Lol

Good luck