Ovulation kit, Temperature or Milky discharge--which is more accurate?

lawla12

Any idea which of the below method
-using ovulation kit
-taking temperature evy morn
-milky discharge

to determine when is ur ovulation timing?

Per my understanding to my western gynae, she din comment much on the methods. She just ask me to monitor using ovulation kit.

However per my understanding from the current sinseh me seeing, she was telling me tat ovulation kit is not tat accurate cos we may haf already ovulated if it shows positive results. The same goes for taking temperature. She said tat if the temperature increases, our folicle may haf release the egg, thus its too late.

She say the best method is still the milky discharge. She said once we've tat discharge, its best to BD within 24hours n on alternate days until the discharge is gone cos the milky discharge usually appear abt 2-3days.

Anyone has any feedback on how accurate those 3 methods per above are?

Not so sure about the effectiveness of the kits although I've tried them, but I think observing discharge is easier. With the kits, you have to test at certain times of the day and it's true that you would have ovulated by then so need to act rather quickly...

shiseru

BBT charting only tells you when ovulation has already occurred - and is therefore important for predicting general patterns. To predict ovulation, I think ovulation kits is more effective and examining cervical mucus is also a very valuable method.

I more kiasu, I use all 3. Muahaha :D

lawla12

BBT charting only tells you when ovulation has already occurred - and is therefore important for predicting general patterns. To predict ovulation, I think ovulation kits is more effective and examining cervical mucus is also a very valuable method.

I more kiasu, I use all 3. Muahaha :D

waaaaaa...like tat super busy lehhh.....i'm taking my temp again evy morn.....wondering if i shd use OPK at the same time too......

i dun haf any mucus during ovulation timing......the only "discharge" i can see is when my AF is abt to come....will those brownish/yellowish discharge a few days b4 AF come.......:embarrassed::embarrassed:

lawla12

Not so sure about the effectiveness of the kits although I've tried them, but I think observing discharge is easier. With the kits, you have to test at certain times of the day and it's true that you would have ovulated by then so need to act rather quickly...
sighzz....usually i will use OPK in the morn b4 i go work....if it shows positive , nite time will haf to OT OT liaooo......

maybe i "miss" the golden timing.....:embarrassed:

shiseru

waaaaaa...like that super busy lehhh.....i'm taking my temp again evy morn.....wondering if i should use OPK at the same time too......
i dont have any mucus during ovulation timing......the only "discharge" i can see is when my AF is about to come....will those brownish/yellowish discharge a few days before AF come.......:embarrassed::embarrassed:
Hey i used to have this kinda brownish discharge/spotting for 1-2 days prior to my AF but after my m/c, no more such discharge. My cm kinda disappear too after my m/c, so kinda difficult to monitor -_-

Aiyo, only temp take everyday, OPK is only used during the week when you're fertile, so not busy. Infact interesting. Oh if after a while never BFP, then surely become sianz :D

What's your BBT like? I started taking since last Sat, it range between 36.29 to 36.41

You try testing with OPK in the afternoon lahz, maybe you have more luck in the afternoon :D

lawla12

Hey i used to have this kinda brownish discharge/spotting for 1-2 days prior to my AF but after my m/c, no more such discharge. My cm kinda disappear too after my m/c, so kinda difficult to monitor -_-

Aiyo, only temp take everyday, OPK is only used during the week when you're fertile, so not busy. Infact interesting. Oh if after a while never BFP, then surely become sianz :D

What's your BBT like? I started taking since last Sat, it range between 36.29 to 36.41

You try testing with OPK in the afternoon lahz, maybe you have more luck in the afternoon :D

izzi ??? noon mehhh??? wad i heard is early morn lehhh..........:err::err::err:

kekekee....conclusion ---do morn, noon, nite...LOL!!!!!!!!! joking joking...

my AF cycle ranges from 38-54days....really hard to predict when my ovulation is....my temp is abt 36.3-36.5 daily.....remains quite constant throughout the whole AF....it will drop till 36.0 abt 1-2days b4 my AF comes........

i did try b4, using OPK from day 14 to 30---all negative results....i tried for 2mths liaooo...in the end, gave up.....used finish all my ovulation test strip........tinking of buying again....

shiseru

izzi ??? noon mehhh??? what i heard is early morn lehhh..........:err::err::err:
kekekee....conclusion ---do morn, noon, nite...LOL!!!!!!!!! joking joking...
my AF cycle ranges from 38-54days....really hard to predict when my ovulation is....my temp is about 36.3-36.5 daily.....remains quite constant throughout the whole AF....it will drop till 36.0 about 1-2days before my AF comes........

i did try before, using OPK from day 14 to 30---all negative results....i tried for 2mths liaooo...in the end, gave up.....used finish all my ovulation test strip........thinking of buying again....
First morning urine is usually not the best for OPKs since your LH surge usually begins in early morning when you are still sleeping and may not be apparent in your first morning urine. If you test in the early morning, you may miss your surge entirely since LH levels may already be reduced by the next morning. Late morning or early afternoon is usually best unless the instructions suggest otherwise.

Wow 58 days very long horz.. how many opk you usually buy? Where did you get them from? I get the OPK from ~Magic Babydusts~ If you wanna buy lemme know? Maybe we can share 50 Ovulation Strips & above ($0.70 each). I stay in the East too at tampines hehehe.. ^^

stonston

I concieved my boy in 2006. I confirmed ovulation using ovulation test kit first, then I noticed the discharge.

Now thinking of TTC, noticed the discharge, hand itchy go test ovulation test kit, it's positive.

I only use the brand dBest. Tried & tested very reliable cos my boy is already turning 3yo soon :)

lawla12

First morning urine is usually not the best for OPKs since your LH surge usually begins in early morning when you are still sleeping and may not be apparent in your first morning urine. If you test in the early morning, you may miss your surge entirely since LH levels may already be reduced by the next morning. Late morning or early afternoon is usually best unless the instructions suggest otherwise.

Wow 58 days very long horz.. how many opk you usually buy? Where did you get them from? I get the OPK from ~Magic Babydusts~ If you wanna buy lemme know? Maybe we can share 50 Ovulation Strips & above ($0.70 each). I stay in the East too at tampines hehehe.. ^^
i bought my OPK from labivf.com........but i'm tinking of changing it lehhh.....duno y, i always see negative results....zzzzz......either i miss the timing, or tat OPK smting wrong (but i doubt so lehh)......tot of changing brand too...kekekekeee

I concieved my boy in 2006. I confirmed ovulation using ovulation test kit first, then I noticed the discharge.

Now thinking of trying to concieve, noticed the discharge, hand itchy go test ovulation test kit, it's positive.

I only use the brand dBest. Tried & tested very reliable cos my boy is already turning 3yo soon :)
i dun haf discharge lehhh...sadz....tried drinking grapefruit juice for 3mths to increase the visibility of the discharge, but din see any improvement...zzz...gave up liaoooo

shiseru

i bought my OPK from labivf.com........but i'm thinking of changing it lehhh.....dont know why, i always see negative results....zzzzz......either i miss the timing, or that OPK smting wrong (but i doubt so lehh)......thought of changing brand too...kekekekeee
I think you really should test in the afternoon. Maybe this time round you try testing in the afternoon lahz, if still see -ve, then change brand lohz...

stonston

It's recommended to test at 2pm everyday. I followed it when I was TTCing for my boy.

Those that joined my BP for dBest test kits previously also tested at 2pm and all of them are already mummies.

lawla12

It's recommended to test at 2pm everyday. I followed it when I was TTCing for my boy.

Those that joined my BP for dBest test kits previously also tested at 2pm and all of them are already mummies.
2pm arrr....me working (weekdays) lehhh....abit hard lehhhh.......

any1 test it at workplace???

stonston

I test at 2pm daily, even at work. I bought midstream instead of strips. Cassettes are also convenient to use in the office toilets plus it's compact, can put into pocket or a small bag.

Many ladies ordered the midstream & cassettes for this reason too.

CanCanMum

Any idea which of the below method
-using ovulation kit
-taking temperature evy morn
-milky discharge

Anyone has any feedback on how accurate those 3 methods per above are?
actually its not really milky discharge.....its transparent egg white discharge, sticky and wet.

and tummy will feel a bit cramp cramp, tatz when the egg is released.

but if u dun really notice yr own mucus discharge, its quite easy to miss it. Tatz when ovulation kits come in handy.

if i dun rem wrongly, milky discharge comes when the egg has already been released.

Nowadays i try and monitor my fertile days. Sometimes when i get too busy will also miss it, and i will start wondering eh, how come this month i din ovulate??? Which in actual fact is tat i had missed it.

lawla12

actually its not really milky discharge.....its transparent egg white discharge, sticky and wet.

and tummy will feel a bit cramp cramp, tatz when the egg is released.

but if you dont really notice your own mucus discharge, its quite easy to miss it. Tatz when ovulation kits come in handy.

if i dont rem wrongly, milky discharge comes when the egg has already been released.

Nowadays i try and monitor my fertile days. Sometimes when i get too busy will also miss it, and i will start wondering eh, how come this month i did not ovulate??? Which in actual fact is that i had missed it.

dun haf lehhh.....i dun haf the milky discharge lehhh....dun haf those sticky sticky ting on my panty lehhh.....

oso no cramp lohhhh....got cramp mehhh ?????

shiseru

dont have lehhh.....i dont have the milky discharge lehhh....dont have those sticky sticky ting on my panty lehhh.....

also no cramp lohhhh....got cramp mehhh ?????
I feel a little cramp on either side of the abdominal but it will only be a few hours, could this be ovulation?

Discharge i have but stretchy or milky not really sure coz never really check out the texture -_-

Yes i test at workplace, I will bring the O-kit, a container and my hp into the toilet. While waiting result from the OPK, i sit on the toilet bowl and play games with my hp hehehe :D

stonston

It's good to look out for the discharge. If you do not have it or did not notice it, it's better to buy Pre-Seed to use when TTC.

Reason being this discharge is actually an indication that the conditions inside your vagina and uterus are good for sperm to travel up to meet the egg. Without this medium of transport, it makes it harder for sperm to travel up to meet the egg. The use of Pre-Seed will help increase chances of conceiving naturally.

shiseru

It's good to look out for the discharge. If you do not have it or did not notice it, it's better to buy Pre-Seed to use when trying to concieve.

Reason being this discharge is actually an indication that the conditions inside your vagina and uterus are good for sperm to travel up to meet the egg. Without this medium of transport, it makes it harder for sperm to travel up to meet the egg. The use of Pre-Seed will help increase chances of conceiving naturally.
I bought pre-seed last week! But i havent started using coz sticking anything other than hubby's personal Q feels uncomfortable. Argh, maybe ask hubby to help me haha..

CanCanMum

dont have lehhh.....i dont have the milky discharge lehhh....dont have those sticky sticky ting on my panty lehhh.....

also no cramp lohhhh....got cramp mehhh ?????
got leii, a little cramp cramp dee.....dunnO how to describe....

but wil feel so wet lorr....