Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK)

Dragontail

I finally got a faint line in my OPK! This is the first time I'm using a OPK. And I was just wary if the strips are working as past 5 days there were no visible lines at all (I started testing on CD12). So far I'm doing BD every other day during my fertile days (I started to have EWCM since CD13) so I should pretty much cover the base. The rest I guess I have to leave it to fate.

So once the test line is as dark or darker than the control line, it's best to BD again during a 12-hour frame is it?

O-strip CD17.jpg

Dragontail

CD = cycle days. CD1 is first day of your mense (flow, not spotting). CD17 means the 17th day within your cycle. Typically woman's last cycle day is CD28-CD35. Or it just varies from there.

Dragontail

Thanks littlehamster. I tested last night at 1030pm and today at 12noon and the test line is almost gone. The strip never had a chance to go as dark. Does it mean I've aloready O-ed? My EWCM is also like gone but I've yet to see an obvious temp shift in my BBT. (Last month I saw an obvious temp hike in my BBT which says I O-ed on CD22). So I don't know which to trust.

Dragontail

The most bottom one is the latest test done at 940pm just now. It's like suddenly the test line just faded into thin air. So does it mean I've O-ed on CD18 (where it's the darkest among all; but not anywhere dark as close as the control line)? Or I'm supposed to wait for the real sign of being the darkest? These OPK strips are making me so confused. Haa!

DSC02916.jpg

Dragontail

I O-ed :) Got a thermal shift in BBT today.

So I think these strips that I'm using do not show dark lines. Or maybe I just missed my LH surge, even though I do the tests twice a day. Perhaps I have very short LH surge that's hard to catch.

Dragontail

I was adviced that it's best to trust cervix mucus, follow by cervix position, then temperature, and the last is OPK. My EWCM usually starts 5-6days before I ovulate. So I did the deeds almost everyday from the first sign of the mucus. Now the I've O-ed, thank goodness me and my hubby can finally take a rest. lol.

Dragontail

Thanks Shez! Now all I can do is sit and wait.
But I've already ordered more of those cheapo OPKs from china in case I need them again:)

littlehamster

Take good rest. Heard eat the pineapple core from 1-5dpo helps implantation.

Ah. Which webby did you get ur opk? I got my Opk from US. Haven't use finish. Next time if need can help me buy hehe

Dragontail

Oh really? I havent heard of the pineapple thingy. Only the core? But i like the other parts. Haa.

I always get stuff from taobao.com. So many cheap things quite unbelievable. I have someoness who live there and they come back once a while so they can lug the items back. I'm trying to confirm if they are back soon in Dec... else I think might be during CNY instead :( I can help you get the OPK no problem. It's so cheap you dont have to hesitate to use it when you feel like it lol.

How much is your US ones may I know?

Dragontail

Googled :
A Pineapple a day….actually, current belief is a fifth of a pineapple core a day can help with implantation. Sound funny? Maybe not. The Chinese have long taught that eating pineapple is good for fertility. Research now sheds some light on why this may be true. Pineapple contains an enzyme called Bromelain, an enzyme that reduces inflammation in the body, including in the uterus. It also seems to be a mild blood thinner which can aid in implantation. It is suggested that one eat the core of the pineapple as that contains the most concentrated Bromelain, but if for some reason that’s not possible, you can eat a cup of the pineapple meat instead. Don’t start doing this until after ovulation as it can actually inhibit pregnancy if taken too early as the acidity of pineapple can effect cervical mucous. Also, stop eating pineapple after a positive pregnancy test as Bromelain can cause mild contractions and also thin the blood, which can possibly increase the chance of miscarriage. Here’s how to eat it: * Cut up a whole pineapple, cut the core into 5 pieces and eat once piece daily starting the day after ovulation/IUI/IVF transfer.
* If you don’t have a fresh core, eat one cup of pineapple meat a day once a day starting the day after ovulation/IUI/IVF transfer.
* Don’t drink pineapple juice or eat pineapple while taking aspirin because pineapple, especially the juice, is a mild blood thinner. If taken with aspirin you may have too much of a blood thinner effect and this can lead to miscarriage. For this reason also stop eating pineapple after a positive pregnancy test.

Dragontail

Once your kit says positive, it means you are going to ovulate (egg released) within 12-48hours, typically. Some people may take longer. Once you test positive, you should do the deeds within that day and the following day.