Pan Tang Matters

SH74

i think direct family members know during 1st tri is ok la. no need so pantang 1 la. some ppl not pantang, oso experienced miscarriage.

hi. i asked my auntie, she expert on all things pantang. she tell me that you carry something sharp to keep the pontianak away from your baby :) old times they believe if you go out at night then spirits, pontianaks can come, take your baby....they scared of sharp shiny things tho. before ppl so scared they don't go out at night when pg but that long time ago, proper kampong days :D

cats - to do with faeces, v. dangerous to handle faeces when pg.

i avoid hospitals just cos immune system weaker so don't want to catch anything. but funerals i attend. my mother said very important to attend and grieve for lost person. must rid yourself of the sadness otherwise it will transfer to the baby. better not to bottle up emotions inside....always better to express.

P4nic

i think attending weddings should be ok? i have 1 coming up lo.. dunno whether i should go bo.

melcochas

Hi I`m new here, First pregnancy, long awaited (14 months!) hehe. am about 5-6 weeks now.
I`m malay married to a chinese. So many pantangs from both sides until i don`t know what to follow and what not to.

no cutting/sewing on bed
don`t shift the bed
don`t paint
don`t shift anything (move house or whatever)
don`t eat crab

yada yada...heh heh.

Hi, I also heard preggie cn't eat mutton (bsides crab). I hav two weddings to attend at yr end, I will ask the bride m groom whether they pantang or not before I decide to go.

PTB7476

Hi, I also heard preggie cn't eat mutton (bsides crab). I hav two weddings to attend at yr end, I will ask the bride m groom whether they pantang or not before I decide to go.
that's what my mom said too...but i got craving for mutton and i have been eating them at least once a month :( but i am trying hard to resist it and substitute with beef instead :tlaugh:

P4nic

I totally boycott mutton hahaha not a fan of mutton in the 1st place although i used to eat it occasionally.

jas2909

The myth was mutton will cause seizures in baby.. So scary.. so even eating pratas I will ask them to give me fish curry..

Gem2505

Hi I`m new here, First pregnancy, long awaited (14 months!) hehe. am about 5-6 weeks now.
I`m malay married to a chinese. So many pantangs from both sides until i dont`t know what to follow and what not to.

no cutting/sewing on bed
dont`t shift the bed
dont`t paint
dont`t shift anything (move house or whatever)
dont`t eat crab

yada yada...heh heh.
im 7weeks now, cant avoid cutting stuff sersiouly. what about working time, need to use scissors to cut wrapper or paper all that. cant be avoided. + i did sewing last week? i nv heard about sewing on bed.
as for painting, i heard that baby will have lotsa birth marks.
nv heard about dont shift anything at home.
i had crab in my 4th week coz i was in JApan (hokkaido), cant avoid at all. haha! its like, i went all the way there n not eating their famous crab, its like im wasting money. but i avioded onsen there coz on the day of departure, i went for my first appt at KK, the doc advise not to go for onsen.
heard that if eat crab, nx time when baby is born, he/she will have "itchy" hands+legs. run about, take this/take that.. abit hyper litat.
i had muttons even before i tested my preg, but was preg at the moment. so far, so good. but try to avoid is still the best =) mum say what, i just TRY to follow as much as i can.

doc say, must avoid pineapples! i guess every mummy out there should know this =) oh, yes, and watermelon, bananas. not to over feed yourself with oranges coz it will in turn, make ur baby have phlegm in future and breathing problem. just have the average share can ald. ^.^

Jinny

Can anybody advise what are the whole list of Pantang Food to avoid?

I only know sotong cannot eat, may cause umbilical cord to tangle ard bb. lol

Can anybody advise what are the whole list of Pantang Food to avoid?

I only know sotong cannot eat, may cause umbilical cord to tangle around baby. lol
I still eat sotong..... didn't know cn't eat sotong
the two meat i know to pantang are mutton/lamb and crab