Pan Tang Matters

P4nic

hehe ok dear mummies.. i know i have many pan tang matters to ask..

Can i check whether is it ok for preggie women to go hospital to visit fren who has just given birth?

PTB7476

hehe ok dear mummies.. i know i have many pan tang matters to ask..

Can i check whether is it ok for preggie women to go hospital to visit friend who has just given birth?
disclaimer : hearsay only good news and good news will crash ...and that is why to some really elder and pang tang pple...they dun like pregnant woman to attend wedding or full moon celebration...cos will crash but not sure how true :p

but then again younger generation today dun care...i still see my pregnant cousins attending weddings or full month etc..and their kids turned out fine when they are born :p

Last edited:

apollo

i heard tt better not. shd avoid visiting newborns, attending wedding and full mths etc...

actu i'm not a pantang person but when i was preggy, i follow all the pantang rules, cos bb is INSIDE our tummy, we dunno what will happen, so during preggy i rather play safe. but when bb is out, i threw away all the pantang rules. haha! for me, wedding i will still attend but i will avoid bb's full mth and visitings if possible and just ask a fren to send gift/angbao on my behalf.

if u are also someone who wanna play safe, can just let ur fren noe, i'm sure she will understand, no matter she is pantang anot. or u can choose to visit her n baby AFTER they discharge from hospital? my mum told me if wanna visit ppl's hse who the mother is doing confinement, dun go into the 'confinement' room will do. as for u, preggy now, i not v sure. but better den going down to hospital bahhh =)

Last edited:

blackpiggy

hello, i heard this from my hk friend, in the view of 'xuan xue' (玄学): a pregnant mother is a magnetic field (磁场), so is the foetus. At weddings and funerals, it's when people's magnetic fields are at their strongest, if too many magnetic fields cluttered together, it may have a negative effect on the foetus'. Also, in hospitals/cemeteries the magnetic fields there are poor (due to dead ppl??), the foetus' magnetic field is still weak so may be negatively affected easily. Never heard about cannot visit newborns...
Anyway, I have pregnant friends who have gone to weddings, their children are all fine now. I've also visited my friend's newborn last week after she discharged from the hospital.

apollo

hello, i heard this from my hk friend, in the view of 'xuan xue' (玄学): a pregnant mother is a magnetic field (磁场), so is the foetus. At weddings and funerals, it's when people's magnetic fields are at their strongest, if too many magnetic fields cluttered together, it may have a negative effect on the foetus'. Also, in hospitals/cemeteries the magnetic fields there are poor (due to dead ppl??), the foetus' magnetic field is still weak so may be negatively affected easily. Never heard about cannot visit newborns...
Anyway, I have pregnant friends who have gone to weddings, their children are all fine now. I've also visited my friend's newborn last week after she discharged from the hospital.
i still feel tt it all depends on hw pantang the person is.. lik what i said, i was VERY pantang when i was preggy, so i didnt visit anyone in hospital, actu during tt time also dun hav any frens giving birth lahh.. as for weddings/ROMs, i still attend cos my inlaws said is okay to. haha.

no offence but i feel tt if is due to magnetic field, then those nurses/doctors who are preggy how? they wking in hospitals wor.. reason being nth happens to them/babies cos they are not pantang, they choose not to believe =)

bbloelim

my mother told me, during the 1st trimester when the baby is still not stable, have to avoid going to weddings/baby shower/cementry/hospital.
after that is safe.

P4nic

i think so leh coz i ask my MIL.. she said dun go hospital better.. so i nvr go see my friend who have just given birth. ...

SH74

actu hor, i feel dat if d mother not pantang abt all these, den d bb wont b affected. if d mother is pantang, den d bb will b pantang. haha...

bbloelim

i will got for the pang tang..haha.

coz last year, when i 1st know i was pregnant, i annouced to the whole world, then the pregnancy cannot make it, i had spotting, and gynae told me that it doesnt have heartbeat, so i have to take it away.
so now, i keep it very secret, only my family members know about my pregnancy. :)

blackpiggy

no offence but i feel that if is due to magnetic field, then those nurses/doctors who are preggy how? they wking in hospitals .. reason being nth happens to them/babies cos they are not pantang, they choose not to believe =)
just explaining how all these pantangs came about la. coz every1 say clash this clash that but alot dun really know why these rules r there. i'm not a pantang person, i work in a hospital too keke..

Little BB

Hi all,

I was told by my brother that I cannot attend his wedding bec his in-laws say will "clash" since my EDD is in the same month as his wedding. I was quite sad when I knew about it bec I cannot attend my only younger brother's wedding. No choice got to respect his future in-laws, if not next time he will have a hard time.

Blackpiggy: I find your explanation very interesting. :001_302:

MomoMummy

hmm i went to my friend wedding 2 days before i give birth..

i skip the morning part but dinner i went. my friend mom ask me eh havent give birth ah.. i say anytime liao.. she said eat first den giv birth.. later confinement cannot eat this n that.. hehhe

so far nothing happens.. my friend also juz gave birth to a healthy boi this afternoon also. to me its like horoscope.. believe or dun believe up to u.. most play safe. we always use this excuse to the older generation.. " ang mo also like tt wat.. dun believe also ok "

my uncle dun believe all these want and heard that when pregnant cannot do painting in the house. so they didnt follow they paint their baby room.
when the baby girl is out, she got birthmark all over her neck, and body. patch by patch. now the sch allow her to let her hair down to cover her neck cos of her birthmark.

actually too many to follow until i bo chup. cos never ending lo!

another case.. mother before give birth went to stamp her thumbprint dunno at where den the girl come out exactly the size of her thumbprint on her forehead..

so see so many scenario beside me i also scared haha.. anything to do with ink except pen.. i better dun touch.

Last edited:
i will got for the pang tang..haha.

coz last year, when i 1st know i was pregnant, i annouced to the whole world, then the pregnancy cannot make it, i had spotting, and gynae told me that it doesnt have heartbeat, so i have to take it away.
so now, i keep it very secret, only my family members know about my pregnancy. :)
Ya!! Same here! Exactly the same case as u .. Previous pregnancy I announced it at 5-6 weeks coz was too excited ! Soon after that, spotting too then no heartbeat.

Another place I heard to avoid n with personal experience, zoo is also a no-no place (Esp at night) when pregnant.coz alot of 'yin qi'. I dun wanna sound like a pantang freak here , but it's up to individual's belief=)

even now at 5 mths, I try to keep a low profile dun wanna announce to evyone, even tho my hubby n family is declaring to d whole world!