Pan Tang Matters

Mama_Mel

Hi mummies....

Im nw 6wks preggie.. but tml my sister-in-law giving birth so my husband and me is goin down to TMC to visit her, how? Im so worried! They do not knw im preggie :embarrassed:

Gem2505

How about staple doc n pouch hole in office?
hair-cut?
manicure?
i did all the above when im preg.
i work till the day i deliver. cant expect people to staple and do filing for me each time.
hair cut also ok bah. dont dye n rebond that kind would be good althou some of my friend still went ahead. its the chemical that is in contact with us..
mani pedi still can. but dont do those acrylic all that coz alot chemical too.

missyqiqi

staple and punch hole is ok, as long as u don't do this including cutting on your master bed.

i skip medi but do pedi, as long as u do in a well ventilate area it will be fine. My sister do both, she wear mask.

all this is not about pan tang, more like health concerns issues because of the chemicals. Like when I cut my hair, the stylist told me not to do scalp treatment, no chemical procedure like bonding, curling etc...

JJ2011

i did all the above when im preg.
i work till the day i deliver. cant expect people to staple and do filing for me each time.
hair cut also ok bah. dont dye n rebond that kind would be good althou some of my friend still went ahead. its the chemical that is in contact with us..
mani pedi still can. but dont do those acrylic all that coz alot chemical too.
thanks,gem2505.
i a bit pantang, but my hubby did not believe much(a christian n a man)
but, i have some worries - i had did a pedicure last 2 mnth,b4 i preg, (which the colour can last 2-3 months, n need some chemical to wash it),i wish to clean it now. Will the chemical wl hurt the bb ? **SIGH**

Gem2505

thanks,gem2505.
i a bit pantang, but my hubby did not believe much(a christian n a man)
but, i have some worries - i had did a pedicure last 2 mnth,b4 i preg, (which the colour can last 2-3 months, n need some chemical to wash it),i wish to clean it now. Will the chemical wl hurt the bb ? **SIGH**
its ok. nail polish removal is ok. if u mind, den remove it quickly and dont apply anymore lor.
hmm.. each religion will have diff believe. i have friends whom is a christian, does renovation when she's preg. but some believe during preg, not even a nailing is allow. so, its really up to individual.

MrsWang

Hi all,

I'm new =D

Just tested with a kit and it shows positive, should be in 5 weeks now. My AD is on Nov. Read up that we should avoid mani, pedi and dying of hair.. But I have to do these on my AD. Is it ok? By then, the baby will only be around 2 months +

missyqiqi

Congrats!!

Dying hair maybe not, because even my stylist also tell me not to dye my hair as for medi and pedi just do in well ventilate places, if u want can wear mask like my sister did.

And maybe avoid all those acrylic or something.

arielc

Hi all,

I'm new =D

Just tested with a kit and it shows positive, should be in 5 weeks now. My AD is on Nov. Read up that we should avoid mani, pedi and dying of hair.. But I have to do these on my AD. Is it ok? By then, the baby will only be around 2 months +
Congrats!

actually mani and pedi is ok as long as the place is well-ventilated...
dye hair is a strict no-no - even gynae says no, so this is not pan tang... but i heard of friend who dyes hair with organic substances. you have to go to a salon which offers organic hair dye...

MrsWang

Congrats!

actually mani and pedi is ok as long as the place is well-ventilated...
dye hair is a strict no-no - even gynae says no, so this is not pan tang... but i heard of friend who dyes hair with organic substances. you have to go to a salon which offers organic hair dye...
organic hair dye is smelly. lol.. no choice to stick with my half black half brown hair den. save money too.

Sweetoothz

Oh yes, I heard about the sharp items pan tang. For me, my mum and in-laws recommend me to carry sharp items as and when I leave the house to ward off anything unwanted. As for me I carry a nail..I have heard that a small scissors or a swiss knife will do as well. But of course carry it safely, put it in a pouch or something.

Well, I guess this pan tang matter varies according to individuals. Before I got preggy I was a sceptic but I guess since I got preggy I felt that to follow pan tangs may not be so bad after all. :Dancing_wub:
mrsmahadi, guess we malays are doing it.. im carying a foldable scissors too.. =))

but as for visitings n stuffs i was told as to think it as just a visit to a fren n nothing more. dont think too much n put stress on urself. just go n have fun. i'm at my third mth now n i still do go out at night at times. just dont think of the neg. must b positive.. =))

just my tots... =))

zaclin29

mrsmahadi, guess we malays are doing it.. im carying a foldable scissors too.. =))

but as for visitings n stuffs i was told as to think it as just a visit to a fren n nothing more. dont think too much n put stress on urself. just go n have fun. i'm at my third mth now n i still do go out at night at times. just dont think of the neg. must b positive.. =))

just my tots... =))

My MIL told me to use the baby diapers pin (the huge safety pin) to pin on my panty... it is to ward off any evil spirits too....

zaclin29

I didn't know cannot eat sotong is because will "cause" umbilical cord to tangle bb's neck. I never eat sotong and cuttlefish because my mum said so. I think my mum also dunno bah. Everytime I asked why she just said," Don't eat lah!" Now I know!

When I preggy I totally never shift anything at all. Table not straight I don't dare to straighten it. See liao very gao weh. My walls got little paint dropped off I asked HB not to do anything. My mum asked me not to touch needles or nails, but I got sew(cos I forgot). When the delivery man came to deliver and install the baby cot, I hide in the bathroom. When my HB assembled something bought from IKEA I went downstairs to have lunch lol!

Very pantang and at the same time can be very bo chup for other matters. Cos I kept thinking that, aiyah, anything to keep the bb safe. Cos my aunt, she sew and cut on bed and my cousin(same age as me) got cleft lips at birth.

OMG! I just sewn my hubby's clothes on the bed!! PRAY HARD nothing will happen to my bb~!!

xiaodaisy

OMG! I just sewn my hubby's clothes on the bed!! PRAY HARD nothing will happen to my bb~!!
don worry .. wen u donno , nthing will happen .. just forget abt the matter n let it pass .. =)

i sewn clothes on bed too wen i donno and everything is fine also .. so don worry too much ya =)

Am always a slient reader, my MIL and my mum once told me another pantang matter. Never point your tummy to a pregnant lady for too long, the old myth said that it will exchange gender with the other. I just listen only, don't really know how true.

xiaodaisy

Am always a slient reader, my MIL and my mum once told me another pantang matter. Never point your tummy to a pregnant lady for too long, the old myth said that it will exchange gender with the other. I just listen only, don't really know how true.
heard b4 , they say don sit opp with another pregnant lady too , cos it will change the gender LOL !!

but well.. haha ! i guess, if its at last trim with confirm gender den its not gonna be too true bah

pixie

I am a christian and I dont't care anything about 'pantang'. I will not purposely do something or avoid it/them if I have been told of any old wives' tales.

My due date was just one month later than my sis-in-law. When I was diagnose pregnant, I was already 8 weeks and sister In law was 12 weeks and often times, when I went over to my mum's place, both sister In law and I will be sitting next to each other and even stood opposite each other and chit-chat and showed each other's ultrasound scans and medical reports. My sister In law conceived a baby boy and mine is a baby girl.

If you dont't let 'pantang' haunt you, I think you will be fine. Many times we are the one who is worrying for the unnecessary. Relax and your will have a happy and healthy baby :)