Pan Tang Matters

rellako

heard b4 , they say don sit opp with another pregnant lady too , cos it will change the gender LOL !!

but well.. haha ! i guess, if its at last trim with confirm gender den its not gonna be too true bah
hahahah! this is funny. what if we're inside the train? wont those babies be very busy swapping here and there? moreover, some mummies are early in their pregnancy and we wont know they are pregnant.

Rukia

Hi mummies....

Im nw 6wks preggie.. but tml my sister-in-law giving birth so my husband and me is goin down to TMC to visit her, how? Im so worried! They do not knw im preggie :embarrassed:
How come cannot visit while preggie? I was planning to visit my friend when she gives birth one month before me...

Rukia

Am always a slient reader, my MIL and my mum once told me another pantang matter. Never point your tummy to a pregnant lady for too long, the old myth said that it will exchange gender with the other. I just listen only, don't really know how true.
This isnt true at all. Gender is determined by the X and Y chromosomes at conception. If just by pointing your tummy to a pregnant lady can change gender, then the scientists would be very busy researching how to vapourise the sex chromosomes and make it exchange from one mommy to another...kekeke

Maybe this myth came about cos last time scanning techniques not very good yet? And the baby's gender was wrongly concluded, and just happen that pregnant woman pointed her tummy at another one..Kekeke...

I always have a mindset that a soul guardian will be with you once you are pregnant. So when my MIL and mum shared with me this, I started to think whether is it 'they' communicate too much thus the exchange. LOL! I just hear only and I met up with my preggie friend recently.

Ekari

Actually most Pan tang are made to scare off people so they would avoid doing something dangerous instead.

But this one ... what if they attend some yoga for pregnant ladies class, the babies' gender mah keep swapping.

I believe the swapping of gender belongs to those pregnant ladies who does not know the gender of the baby yet. Somehow, I find it quite funny for some pantang matters. I just have to make sure that apart from sleeping and resting, no 'doing' dangerous stuffs on my bed. The rest is up to individual to believe.

xiaodaisy

hahahah! this is funny. what if we're inside the train? wont those babies be very busy swapping here and there? moreover, some mummies are early in their pregnancy and we wont know they are pregnant.
LOL !! busy swapping haha !!! tats funny , well just myth .. always wonder , where do ppl come out with such myth haha ! funny

Rukia

But I know for the 1st 3 months matter, this one American also follow. So maybe international?
The first 3 months thing. Its because the first 3 months, foetus is not stable yet, higher possibility of miscarriage. That is why they do not annouce until after that...

felicity

i did all the above when im preg.
i work till the day i deliver. cant expect people to staple and do filing for me each time.
hair cut also ok bah. dont dye n rebond that kind would be good althou some of my friend still went ahead. its the chemical that is in contact with us..
mani pedi still can. but dont do those acrylic all that coz alot chemical too.
i went for rebonding one week before i did my test. was feeling unwell for 2 weeks already but didn't think i could be pregnant. i hope it is ok. of course no more dyeing/rebonding for the rest of the term!

felicity

I think it should be fine. I was still staying at the house though it was at the other parts of the house.

Shifting of furniture according to the elders its some god or something who might be situated there that day, hence if you want to move the furniture need to consult the chinese calender where the god might be (think its the earth god , tu di gong) or something. As long as he's not at that part of the house you can move the furniture. But then hubby and his brother still moved. lol. though got a huge scolding from the grandmother after that.
i have been opening n closing the foldable table and shifting it around a lot (>.<) for work... no proper workstation at home, and prefer to do in the living room where the rest of the family hang out. i still need to shift a lot of things as i am clearing out my room in my parents' place, need to get it done in a couple of months. and not to forget, i just did a thorough spring cleaning (shifting a lot of stuff!) at both my parents' place and mine! hope it's all okay...

My another friend told me cannot change bedsheets. I was like WTH? I have been changing all these while and I never heard anything about this. The only purpose I know why to avoid changing bedsheet is because the mattress is too heavy.

Dilys

My another friend told me cannot change bedsheets. I was like WTH? I have been changing all these while and I never heard anything about this. The only purpose I know why to avoid changing bedsheet is because the mattress is too heavy.
Hi ..

Pantang matter only .. : Don't go to funeral, no nailing,no paint,no moving of furniture.
Other then that its okie...
Actually no specific critcal period in pregnancy... the whole pregnancy is fragile. :) I don't believe in the 1st 3 mths no announcment.
Well.. some people can miscarriage at mth 9.

Be positive & happy .. stop worrying about all those patang matter.. Everything will be fine..

Talking about this pantang matters, to me, am not really that pantang. As long as I know no 'dangerous stuffs' on my bed will do. Others, I will not want to care that much. But friends always tell me this cannot that cannot, sometimes I also will paranoid and start thinking whether it's wrong to do this.

Dilys

Talking about this pantang matters, to me, am not really that pantang. As long as I know no 'dangerous stuffs' on my bed will do. Others, I will not want to care that much. But friends always tell me this cannot that cannot, sometimes I also will paranoid and start thinking whether it's wrong to do this.
Use your own instinct to judge wherther you can do or not! U will hear alot of "cannot do stuff".
Just start talking to your baby... Everything will be fine :)

felicity

oh, regarding the first 3 months thing... can't tell in first trimester? so when did you let your superior know about your pregnancy so that the company can plan for all the handing over and to get relief staff to cover you during your maternity leave?

felicity

For me, I just let them know when I knew it and confirmation from doctor.
actually i decided to tell my superior today... if not later she ask why i didn't tell her immediately when i know... then i dunno what to say... haha... she's very happy for me, in fact more ecstatic than my hubby upon hearing the news! she says will help me ensure smooth handover etc, and already asked other depts to relieve me from some of the heavier ad hoc projects. i feel very relieved.

xuandy

actually i decided to tell my superior today... if not later she ask why i didn't tell her immediately when i know... then i dunno what to say... haha... she's very happy for me, in fact more ecstatic than my hubby upon hearing the news! she says will help me ensure smooth handover etc, and already asked other depts to relieve me from some of the heavier ad hoc projects. i feel very relieved.
I also told my boss the very day I confirm pregnant. She also very happy for me, tell me to eat this and that etc.