Pap

xiaodaisy

it will send u letter for when to buy de.. or if its near u , den u can go ask, my smaller wan next yr going pap but i still haven recieve yet

mar_mum

Ok. Didn't receive any letter and I think sch holiday starting soon. So better check now. If not dunno who to check with. THanks.

rjj

ya, think it's normally during school holiday or just a few days before holiday ....

xiaodaisy

aniwae can also buy on e first day of sch de.. my elder wan bought on first day aniwae dey will have a so call orientation b4 sch starts to let dem familiar wif it ..

priscilla

Anyone please advise what is the school fee for PAP? We are currently overseas and trying to compare the curriculum and fee for kindergarten for my boy when we during in January 2008. As we are not sure whether we will stay for good or will be leaving for a new venue, and ds is keen to go to school.

Thanks for all your help.

veronica

Is it true that PAP is not as good as private ones like MMI now? Heard alot of negative comments about PAP like the teachers are not so attentive and focused....

stonston

erm, I've seen how PAP teachers teach, dun like it...i prefer church kindergardens with MMI :) more exp, but i personalli see the diff btw kids tt go to good preschool n kids tt go to PAP....

BbYew

hihi,

I dun agree wif ston ston. Doesn't mean kids gg to PAP r not properly brought up..I also c kids that go Private Kindergarden are such a spoilt brads..There r gd teachers in PAP also..my boy's teacher is a very gd example..I used to send my ds to private cc but in the end, he learns nothing useful and even learnt to lie and throw tantrums..so i decided to put him wif PAP near my place, in the end, he learn more manners, can remember better chinese, etc..Being in PAP is not a disgrace..just depends on how u bring up ur kiddos..

Just my 2 cents worth of tots:tlaugh:

priscilla

Hi Ladies

Thanks for sharing. Ds is attending a MMI cum church preschool over here and the MMI over here is very different from the ones in Singapore.

The price different is not that great from some of the private run kindergartens. Dh taught that it might be good to put our ds in PAP as we have been away in a English Speaking environment and that my boy needs some interaction to polish up his Chinese conversation. Heard that PAP has lots of homeworks, is it through?

stonston

bbyew, i'm comparing academic results...spoilt brats or not, is the PARENTS who bring up their child, not the school :D
i'm basing my statement on e kids i see at work everyday...

n i've been to the PAP at hougang ave 1 n another at woodlands area...i realli dun like the way the teacher teach...do u noe wot they do when parents r not sitting in the class? do u always sit in the class with ur child? i happen to pass by while walking home n overheard something not very nice, so stood at the corner of the window to watch...n i saw a very very bad attitude fm e teachers....when i spoke to the Principal, she jus brush me off, saying tt she dun have a say on how her teachers teach!!!
n my nephew got beaten up in class at the woodlands PAP...when we question the teacher, she say it did not happen! but all the other kids said teacher say n told them to fight it out n settle among themselves!!! by nephew is already 5, i dun believe him n whole class of 5yo will lie!!

academically, PAP will lose out...their approach n materials r not challenging enuf...if u wanna talk abt manners, it is the PARENTS...not the teachers....

mar_mum

Whether PAP or MMI or other private school, I think the parents play a part in how the kids progress also. Are you the type who jus 'throw' the responsibility of teaching to the school or do you make an effort to follow up with wat the kids learn daily?

The family financial ability is also a considerable factor. If you can't afford to pay for the $400+ per term of school fees, then wat's the problem with jus paying $72 per month at PAP? You kid won't exactly lose out academically if they go PAP. I went the PAP and I've completed my Bachelor.

The ratio of teacher to students is much lesser at MMI schools as compared to PAP, i suppose is about 1:15 at PAP and 1:4/5 at private schools? More attention can be given to the students at MMI. But think about it: when ur kid goes to primary school, it is 1:30. So if your kid still expect a lot of attention from the teacher by then, u think is possible?

Don't feel ashamed cos your kid is going PAP. There is nothing wrong. Besides, PAP is constantly upgrading themselves.

Stonston: My boy is going to the PAP u mentioned. Whether the teacher is good or not, I've heard different comments. My approach- let my boy study there and feedback to teacher/principal if I feel that anything is not properly taught or teacher did anything wrong. If no action taken, complain to whichever authority. If still doesn't work then perhaps draw him out. :)

rjj

My kids attended the so call PAP too... they are ok, the teachers are ok and the principal is ok too.... I believe that they will always be some black sheep somewhere... those which Stonston happen to see could be just a handful or just only in the school....

I stay in Woodlands, and there are plenty of PAPs around. The one that my kids go to, are using the play method. Even though all in PAP, my nieces and nephews had plenty of homework, while mine doesn't. We get to see their work only at the end of each semister and the teacher will talk to each parent about the progress. And if need be, teacher will call us direct.

Like BBYew mentioned, there are also kids that attend the private schools, we will not be 100% sure if they are academic better until they are much older. Or is there some report somewhere that has proven this?

:)

priscilla

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the feedback. I think it is education is not the job of the school or teachers alone, it needs the cooperation of parents to stretch the child to his full potential.

In fact, my ds does not learn much from MMI over here as they do not focus on giving out homework and just some feedback from teachers. I still homeschool him when he goes to preschool and I think that helps him alot.

Dh thinks that PAP might be as good as some private runs kindergarten. Probably will need to go and check out a couple of kindergarten but I do like what PAP offers in some ways, I know some has phonics lessons, IT lessons and gymnastics too.

Will not be able to comment much till I personally go and take a look at the programmes and curriculum. In fact, MMI, we can do all the things with my boy are home by following the MMI books.

I believe that many of us also came from PAP when we were young and we all turned out well. Probably will look at those around my mum's place - church runs kindergartens and a couple of PAP there. Personally, I like church schools as they also teach about God but will need to find out more first, dh thinks that PAP will also be good as it might help my boy since it is more like a Primary school classroom and lesser teacher's attention.

Anyone send your children to PCP Pioneer around Jurong West St 64 or 65? Please give me feedback. I got some very encouraging feedbacks about the ones in Boon Lay Dr and Boon Lay near Boon Lay Garden Primary School and also the ones near Rulang Primary School.

As for church school, I will be going to take a look at Galilee Kindergarten, Jurong Calvary Church Kindergarten, St Francis Kindergarten at Boon Lay and Jurong West and Maris Stella Kindergarten (my nephew used to attend).

A headache when it comes to children's education.

Last edited:

Trish

Hi Hi,

Like Priscilla, I am on the lookout for a PCF Kindergarten for my kid. I am looking for a good one in Pasir Ris. Anyone knows of any? Headache.
Help Help.

Trish.