Parent-Teacher Conference

Ting

hi mummies, does your child CCC have such conference?
pin's one is coming up next mth...
wondering what kinda questions i shld ask the teacher...?
i did once last year.. didnt ask much also.. cos i also quite blur..

MTIA. :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

basically its just discussion about your child's progress, attitude twds learning, interaction with other kids as well as feedback session.

they will also present a portfolio compiling all their works....and will show you

my last PTC was July this year.....reviewing Baber's progress during Jan - March~

Daddy D

Alpha Male
I think usually the teacher will give brief intro on what the kids have been doing in class... show their work/art pieces... the parents will go ard looking at the classroom... admire those work/art pieces...
then usually most parents won't ask much Q... just those "How's my kid in class? Can she cope? Is she naughty?"
Usually the teacher will give very diplomatic answers...

But got once... this teacher said "Your son is a bit SLOW in class" to this parents... everyone heard... a bit not nice I think...

littlehelper

I guess you can ask any questions you wanna know about Pin when she is in school.
Depending on the center, some have like 1-1 parent talk but mus book timing and stuff.There will be only one date.but normally it will be quite fast a session like 15 mins.
if not cannot meet every parents.I am not a parents but saw this in one of the centers i helped in before.

stonston

I just went for my son's one in Sep. OMG. It took 2 hours. 1 hr for them to complain to me about my boy, 1 hr for me to bombard them with questions (more on their syllabus & teaching methods).

Daddy D

Alpha Male
I just went for my son's one in Sep. OMG. It took 2 hours. 1 hr for them to complain to me about my boy, 1 hr for me to bombard them with questions (more on their syllabus & teaching methods).
wahh... teacher complain to teacher... sure fight :p

Ting

thanks for the replies.
its basically 1-1 parent talk.
n the session is only 15 mins.
they just summarise n told me pin's performance in sch.. mostly is on the positive side.

stonston, yeah i think im gg to ask the teacher what they exactly teach in sch. cos they normally just stick the thing they gg to teach for tt week in the comm book, which i also think not very indicative to me.