Parents' hardship: My 19yr old child has no friends, zero friends.

Im posting on behalf of my elder uncle who has a child who is 19yo, the child is suffering from mental disorders as diagnosed and certified by doctors. Has zero friends, zero buddy of any sort. No friends nobody to share things with. Due to her mental disorders, she has troubles establishing friendship or making friends with others, don't know small talk or chit chatting. What advices do you guys have? She is working at a shopping mall. Doing those entry level low level jobs. Makes abt 1.1k to 1.2k, because she didnt choose long hours jobs. Only 6hours a day, 5days a week. ..

Point to note, she is not a YP, she has no delinquency or anything. Parents are also lawful citizens, been around her giving her support and cooking meals for her.

Please do not contribute any crudeness or dirty jokes. Kindly help to contribute good thoughts or you can just read this thread and keep quiet if you only have nasty words to gloat on others.

I think she needs to find out what she loves doing. Maybe at this juncture, she is still confused about career choices and life direction. Maybe you can try communicating with her? May need to find a support group for her who understands her mental disorder. She may not have the confidence to interact with others.

serenity2020

There are children who have lost friends because of the change of residence. There are those who have given themselves up because of their studies and employment. But that's not a bad thing. I don't take my children out on the street just for fun and I don't allow them to wander around, I worry about them. My eldest child is almost 16, and he likes to stay home with books. He's probably bored with his peers, and that's okay. My son and I used to go to a teen center kidcityusa.com where he could play logic games with smart kids. Then I found a children's center where you can go to classes with your parents and just goof around. We really enjoyed it. My son met a girl there who was babysitting her little sister. Now they study together.

Last edited: