part time maid vs infant care

I have a 4 months old baby boy and i have decided to go back to school for futher education when he is about 9 months old. I am currently deciding whether to put him in a infant care of have a part time maid to take care of him and do general household chores. Only my husband is working, hence we are trying to get the cheaper option.:shyxxx:

ling.er

Y not let your parent or In law to look after... U can save alot .. & also no need worry so much ..

infant care & maid to mi i think same ... U duno wat they are doin when u nt around..

:wong19:

littlehelper

Agree with ling.er but if your parents / in laws can't help out as they are still working/busy etc etc..
Then i think infant care would be a better choice compared to having a maid.
But maid will be cheaper but comparing both i think infant care though more ex, baby will be safer compared to leaving kid with maid.

Y not let your parent or In law to look after... you can save alot .. & also no need worry so much ..

infant care & maid to mi i think same ... you dont know what they are doin when you not around..

:wong19:
i thought so too.. but they are not free.. :(
:elvis:

candy_ian

Since u say only your hubby working means u r not working right now? Then why need to send to infant care or maid? But If u r working then I wld say infant wld b better though the child nay fall I'll more often but as their immunity builds up it wld b better. In my opinion I would never leave a bb alone with the maid even if u install a CCTV cos whn things happen too late for u to rush there

ling.er

Hmmm if your parent or in law all not free than i think infant care better than hire maid ..

Infant care they can play with other kid so mayb next time schooling easy for them ..

yvonne_ktw

my son went infant care since 3month old till now 22month and will be stopping next month cause i've got a maid.

benifit of infant care: at least they may not mistreat your kid BUT they wunt be able to give your kid the full attention. and unless it's working mummy government will subsidies some $$

things happen to my son in school: 10month old got hand food mouth, 18month got minor bone crack and went hospital cast his hand 20month a bee flew in and only stung him. all these are unexpected stuff and we must be prepared to be able look after them at home because he can't go school and if fever it's also not able to go school all these you must be prepared that someone can be at home look after.

my boi school fees $450 (after gov sub) + part time maid to do housework every sat one month is $160. both add up $610

price for maid i foudn $350 + levy $170 = $520 and her expensive is also about $610 but at least my maid is 1 to 1 looking after and she can do all the housework for me and i have more freedom else everyday i have to rush to school pick boy from work and where ever i go i MUST bring him....

But because my mother in law are staying together and she can help to observe what the maid do. getting a maid is heng sway thing if you are heng get someone who can really treat your kid well then it's great. impt you also must be nice to maid and they will treat your kid well. one of yr kid already 3yr old so anything the maid mistreat yr kid they will know how to say.

hpc

Getting a maid need to pay out-front maid's loan + agency fee + insur + maid's test ,total about s$3000-4000.If maid not willing to learn or work with u ,send back to agent,daily must pay $10-$15 to agent up to 14 days+levy+++.Maid without anyone at home,have freedom to go find friends,later stage will ask 4 off day even agree at agent,pretend to fall sick.Maid agent have alot excuse to protect their maid than to employer,some maid's agent don't refund balance maid's loan if not choosing another maid from them.All these agent too much,only want to earn money.So either send to infant-care or MIL/own mother is still a better choice.:err::err::err:

fioncess

Another option to conside... find a nanny.. there are those looking after children but are willing to help you look after part time also...

yvonne_ktw

Getting a maid need to pay out-front maid's loan + agency fee + insur + maid's test ,total about s$3000-4000.If maid not willing to learn or work with you ,send back to agent,daily must pay $10-$15 to agent up to 14 days+levy+++.Maid without anyone at home,have freedom to go find friends,later stage will ask 4 off day even agree at agent,pretend to fall sick.Maid agent have alot excuse to protect their maid than to employer,some maid's agent dont't refund balance maid's loan if not choosing another maid from them.All these agent too much,only want to earn money.So either send to infant-care or mother in law/own mother is still a better choice.:err::err::err:
ya get a maid have to pay upfront unless you op for post dated cheque so the agency fees is about 300 more. for my current agency is recommended by my frens and they take care of us the employer than the maid and had refund $ to my fren before when she asked for a transfer and no need to pay the daily fees as well. agency is also another impt that you must find i went to a blog and saw wow alot of the agency are con... once they got your money they wunt be bothered with you.. PUI...

best is get mother in law or own mother else a recommended nanny last choice is maid or infant care. i cant wait to get my son out of his current school man... there's also great school but i asked before the school fees after gov sub is 750 which my boi went is 450 after gov sub.

gal, maybe you can ask around is there any SAHM in forum and they can nego on the $ to look after your BB. ppl here most are nice de. try post it.

apollo

i dont encourage hiring a maid to tc of an infant. cos infant is still so young, dont even noe hw to speak and express themselves. infant care seems to be a better option. however, is there is any frens or relatives who is willing to help u tc ur baby, will be much more better. =)

yvonne_ktw

maid is an out of way thing and infant care is the one that i've choosen but after taken also regretted.....but what to do, all he bad stuff he already kena liao... but heng now my son is bigger so i've changed to maid already.

yvonne_ktw

I have a 4 months old baby boy and i have decided to go back to school for futher education when he is about 9 months old. I am currently deciding whether to put him in a infant care of have a part time maid to take care of him and do general household chores. Only my husband is working, hence we are trying to get the cheaper option.:shyxxx:
or maybe where you stay? if the area you staying i see if i can get nanny recommendation for you. but to get a nanny must really be recommended else u also wunt know what the nanny do at home with your BB

lovebabynatalie

i will send my baby to Nanny place, cheaper than infant care. then i think also better than part time maid. i scare and worry part time maid will bully my baby. may i know part time maid all from where ?

lekdao

i thought so too.. but they are not free.. :(
:elvis:

Both your parents and in-law are not free coz they are working? If they are not free to go over your place to keep an eye on the maid. Then send your baby and the maid to their hse. Fetch them back home when u finish your class or your partner finish his work.

In the evening when maid back home, she still can help to do abit of the hsework like simple cleaning, ironing etc.

Both your parents and in-law are not free coz they are working? If they are not free to go over your place to keep an eye on the maid. Then send your baby and the maid to their house. Fetch them back home when you finish your class or your partner finish his work.

In the evening when maid back home, she still can help to do abit of the hsework like simple cleaning, ironing etc.
they are all working...any infant care near queenstown.. or good nanny recommendation?? (not too ex.. :p) :wong29:

Ting

i dun think part time maid will help u tc of baby lorr.
IMO, my first choice will be my own parents (def not MIL =X ), 2nd choice would be infant care.
i will not consider maid or nanny cos im not sure abt how hygiene n how well they can take care of kids.
maid for sure, i will nvr employ one unless PT to clean up my hse on a weekly basis, but not to tc of my own kids, esp infants. if they hv to juggle hsewrk n infant/toddler care, i think they wont be able to handle it.
why i dont consider a nanny too is bcos i dunno how hygiene the nanny is (can be one pattern in front, another behind). like, do they sterilise the bottles my child use, do they wash the cups n utensils cleanly, if the food is hot, do they put into their mouth then feed my child? (YUCK).
the way they look after the kids might be different from us, most nannies r "older" gen so the way they tc of the kids might not be up to my standard, so i wont want to consider them either.

i will take infant care if my parents cant look after my child. of cos, i will find a reputable one to make sure they hv a certain standard to follow. though there is no 1-1 attention, but i do not mind as long they dont starve my child or let him/her cry til he/she goes voiceless or keep them in their wet diapers too long. reputable infant care does not hv such problems, they will extra teachers on standby to help.

but of cos, to each of his own.. TS, maybe u want to consider studying PT.

yvonne_ktw

they are all working...any infant care near queenstown.. or good nanny recommendation?? (not too ex.. :p) :wong29:
i have a fren staying in choa chu kang at first i wanna ask her look after de but cause too far that's why i choosen infant care last time. unless you stay around punggol and don't mind my place cause i got a maid and my MIL is not working de so my MIL n maid is looking after my boy and can help you out if my MIL ok... but i think punggol too far for you le.

everyone has their own perspective in whether nanny,maid,school as everyone have different request just all have pro n cons... actually i find you quite poor thing as you need to study and both side parents all cannot help you it's really very stress to find someone tend your kids or even yourself alone looking after... i've sms my fren already and ask if she still keen in looking after or not then get back to you. she's my fren and have 3girls aged 18 to 14 and 1young boy at 3yrs. she has a maid at home and she's not working all the while and her maid really dotes her son more than herself. she's my fren so i assure you she's really a recommended nanny. once she reply me i get back to you again gal.