Passport for infant?

Spiralng

Is there a need to do a passport for infant for travel to overseas?
Yes, but I am advised by the officer for infant, dun do the passport early cos they features changed quite fast and if they see that the face is different, they will ask u to redo the passport.

lisa_ng

Yes, but I am advised by the officer for infant, dun do the passport early cos they features changed quite fast and if they see that the face is different, they will ask u to redo the passport.
i done my girl's when she was less than 6mos.
the officer did advise us to update the photo once the photo on the passport looks different.
till now she's 2 still using the passport to travel but haven't go back to update yet.

kids at this age keep growing then the outlook very different also, i wonder what sort of changes is their standard to change. :001_302:

Spiralng

i done my girl's when she was less than 6mos.
the officer did advise us to update the photo once the photo on the passport looks different.
till now she's 2 still using the passport to travel but haven't go back to update yet.

kids at this age keep growing then the outlook very different also, i wonder what sort of changes is their standard to change. :001_302:
hee hee...u forgot the government make bad investment must think of ways to recover their losses. I just checked with immigration last month cos i am registering my baby birth cert..hee hee...last time my 1st kid, their passport can join mine no need $$$ now very hightech baby must hv their own passport.

lisa_ng

hee hee...u forgot the government make bad investment must think of ways to recover their losses. I just checked with immigration last month cos i am registering my baby birth cert..hee hee...last time my 1st kid, their passport can join mine no need $$$ now very hightech baby must hv their own passport.
ya lor.. that's what i alway tot. baby is join passport with the mummy de.

hehe.. i not so into helping them recup their loss.
since i usually go malaysia nia and i don't think they really bother how the photo or baby looks like. so long every person have a passport can le.
but har went to syd last dec. they oso never mention or ask about the baby or the photo if it's my girl who was oredy 19mos at that time.

Spiralng

ya lor.. that's what i alway tot. baby is join passport with the mummy de.

hehe.. i not so into helping them recup their loss.
since i usually go malaysia nia and i don't think they really bother how the photo or baby looks like. so long every person have a passport can le.
but har went to syd last dec. they oso never mention or ask about the baby or the photo if it's my girl who was oredy 19mos at that time.
Then u very luckily lor or your girl still looks very cute got the baby face that's why they don't bother u. I am also not helping them to recup their loss cos all my kids never made passport...hee..hee...so got excuse can't bring them oversea.
Kids+overseas trip = NO HOLIDAYS
Kids - overseas trip = GD HOLIDAYS...:tlaugh:

CanCanMum

of coz there is a need

juz tat when yr baby outgrows tat pic u will need to change it next time

last time i did for my boy at 4months, before the bio passport takes place., as there is a page for updating bb photo and i retook a pic of him when he was 1.5 years old and he is still using it now.

not sure if the new bio passport allows updating page.

Oppsgal

Then u very luckily lor or your girl still looks very cute got the baby face that's why they don't bother u. I am also not helping them to recup their loss cos all my kids never made passport...hee..hee...so got excuse can't bring them oversea.
Kids+overseas trip = NO HOLIDAYS
Kids - overseas trip = GD HOLIDAYS...:tlaugh:
Kids + overseas trip + HB= HB look after kids. Gd Holiday for wives. :tlaugh:

Wow. Air flight also need to pay for infant? Does infant get a seat of own?

Last edited:

lisa_ng

Kids + overseas trip + HB= HB look after kids. Gd Holiday for wives. :tlaugh:

Wow. Air flight also need to pay for infant? Does infant get a seat of own?
below 2 year old is infant fare very cheap. no seat given, sit on the lap.
unless you wan to pay a child fare for a seat also can.

2year and up is child fare. cannot siam de.

but if long oversea stay book 2 way flight the age and the fare of the kid is taken as of the date flying.

JacquiLau

Josh has his own passport now as I got it done when he was only about 2 weeks old. No choice if I want to get his paperwork ready to go back to UK. The new passport doesn't allow you to update the picture and it is only valid for 5 years. When you have to update your passport pic, you will have to apply for a new passport and you have to pay $75 for each passport...:err:

lisa_ng

Josh has his own passport now as I got it done when he was only about 2 weeks old. No choice if I want to get his paperwork ready to go back to UK. The new passport doesn't allow you to update the picture and it is only valid for 5 years. When you have to update your passport pic, you will have to apply for a new passport and you have to pay $75 for each passport...:err:
wah heng i never follow their instructions to change photo else will be 75bucks short in my pocket. hehe

JacquiLau

Never know have to pay $75 for change of passport picture. If adult change picture also need to charge?
This is not a charge to change pic, this is the charges to change a new passport. With the new passport you are not allowed to change pic anymore, if you wish to, you have to apply for a new passport hence the $75.

CORRECTION WITH FEE

Sorry there, just realise I quote the wrong price for a new passport. If you do over the counter, it's $80 and if online it's $70.

Oppsgal

How about change thumbprints? Got to do a new passport too?

My thumbprints always change so cannot use the new machine for scan for entry. :001_302:

siongnelly

i did my son passport when he is only 1 month old.... when his feature change, the immigration officer always remind us to change the passport photo, but we only change when he is 3 yrs old... now you can't change photo liao, must change the whole passport...

susern

as i just do my younger boy passport last month. No thumbprints needed for child under 5. Btw my elder done his passport when he is 2mth old, just went to genting earlier tis month immigration didnt mention to change e photo and now he is 30mth ol

susern

as i just do my younger boy passport last month. No thumbprints needed for child under 5. Btw my elder done his passport when he is 2mth old, just went to genting earlier tis month immigration didnt mention to change e photo and now he is 30mth old.

Spiralng

unlike the old passport, u can just changed the photo anytime w no additional charges. Now the new bio passport, the whole passport hv to be changed that why the charge is for the new passport.

Queenbabe

huh i aso make my ds passport when he is 3months old if like tat then put 5yrs expiry date for what chey .. still mus waste another 70bucks for new passport .. crazy

CanCanMum

mebbe take when the bb neck can be seen? Coz tat time the immigration officer said cannot see my boys neck lols....too chubbby liaoz~~~