Pay got slash by 20% !!!

Catty

My company going announce pay cut by 20% soon and will shorten working days from 5 working days to 4 working days, means Monday we got to come into the office in the afternoon and friday can go off in the afternoon.

Am really sad & stress, got lots of instalment, bills, mthly expenses and now preggy still got to go for check up and save $ to pay for the hospitalisation bills all this.

Furthermore, i don't have a understand "in law", they only think we both working, they take care of my 2nd DD but they never think we got so much things to pay. I've have not been eating and sleeping well due to all this stresses causes by my in laws and economic crisis right now.

~~~~~~~~~~:eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10:~~~~~~~~~~

CanCanMum

hi catty,

u r in electronics sector right?? i've heard tats the industry affected most by the global crisis.

well maybe can sound out to them? That u are going to have pay cut and need to scrim and save. As elders they should or ought to understand your problems coz eventually they oso think good for your husb dun they?

Catty

Hi Cancan,

Ya i'm in a electronics sector, my friend work in Motorola under contract also got kenna retrenched.

As for eldery, they don't what going on outside i can understand but even my 2 sil also join forces with my mil say is not right that we gave so less, my own parents not working also don't even dare to complain or ask much from us as my parents is more understanding that we got our own financially problems, worst still that my dad now sometimes need to borrow $ from friends, at least my in law state is not that worst than my parents why can't they just give and take?

I just msg my DH to annouce this BIG news to his WHOLE family as not to let them keep on thinking we earn much.

I really don't know what trouble my in law will gave us again, "Haiz" each time got different story and different trouble, think i can open a blog on "what kind of trouble my in law is giving me"..

veronica

Hmmm....20% pay cut alot leh..Imagine $2500 now $500 lesser...

Yours is work 4 days plus 20% pay cut or 20% pay cut already based on 4days work week?

I also worried if I will gana or not later...everything seems to increase in prices leh....

One of my main big expense which i cannot dun have is my maid...now new maid's salary increase but levy never down..sigh

Catty

Hmmm....20% pay cut alot leh..Imagine $2500 now $500 lesser...

Yours is work 4 days plus 20% pay cut or 20% pay cut already based on 4days work week?

I also worried if I will gana or not later...everything seems to increase in prices leh....

One of my main big expense which i cannot dun have is my maid...now new maid's salary increase but levy never down..sigh
4 days and pay cut will take effect at the same time..

Dee Ho

My company going announce pay cut by 20% soon and will shorten working days from 5 working days to 4 working days, means Monday we got to come into the office in the afternoon and friday can go off in the afternoon.

Am really sad & stress, got lots of instalment, bills, mthly expenses and now preggy still got to go for check up and save $ to pay for the hospitalisation bills all this.

Furthermore, i don't have a understand "in law", they only think we both working, they take care of my 2nd DD but they never think we got so much things to pay. I've have not been eating and sleeping well due to all this stresses causes by my in laws and economic crisis right now.

~~~~~~~~~~:eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10::eek:10:~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! Catty;
Try to cool down...sigh... realli sad to know all these is happening to you..well...yr baby & health come first... probably have a discussion with yr hubby on yr current situation and from there "inform" your in-law abt this.
with a better pic on your situation, hope that they are understanding enough on u & yr hubby....

mmy_lizz

ah yo.. kinda scared too mann.. i guess im at e wost position..

am on maternity leave n nonews abt work and so on.. nex thing i know when i go back to work is pay cut or kena retrench..

ah yo!! so scary~~~ argghh~

guess many is going ito depression mode liao..

Catty

Did the mgmt said its a temp issue?

I think at this time, everyone is worried if they are the next one to gana....
Not sure will it be a temp issue a not or who knows it might get worse in the next few months!!! Till now i can't accept the fact that my pay gonna be less few hundreds from next month onwards, just hope my in-law's will stop bothering us and complain this and that if not worse to worse i'll just quit my job and take care my 2 DD's by my ownself and let all the instalments/bills to stack up..

That will be the most craziest things i will do once i've enough of their nonsense.. :wemad:

veronica

Not sure will it be a temp issue a not or who knows it might get worse in the next few months!!! Till now i can't accept the fact that my pay gonna be less few hundreds from next month onwards, just hope my in-law's will stop bothering us and complain this and that if not worse to worse i'll just quit my job and take care my 2 DD's by my ownself and let all the instalments/bills to stack up..

That will be the most craziest things i will do once i've enough of their nonsense.. :wemad:
If you quit out of anger and frustration, you will lost all the ML benefits leh since you are preggy now..Think twice ok..

Catty

How i wish my company will retrench me now so i can get my 4 mths maternity pay and i can find for part time/freelance job, better than i'm stuck down here cant do anything.. :001_07:

CanCanMum

no lah...how would they do tat?? They lugi worh...

businessman have to protect their own backsides to so called 'survive' the global crisis mah....but i think they shd have enough backup funds to last thru the crisis la...

meanwhile try to think the brighter side of things lor...

btw, my boss is hiring part-time sales staff to work in her furniture shop during weekends. Think 4 hours or so she accepts oso. U can afford the time?

Catty

no lah...how would they do tat?? They lugi worh...

businessman have to protect their own backsides to so called 'survive' the global crisis mah....but i think they shd have enough backup funds to last thru the crisis la...

meanwhile try to think the brighter side of things lor...

btw, my boss is hiring part-time sales staff to work in her furniture shop during weekends. Think 4 hours or so she accepts oso. U can afford the time?
Weekends i can't as i need to bring back my DD back either fri nite or sat morning, if monday morning and friday afternoon can? I don't mind to work for 4 hours on this 2 days.

Catty

ok lemme check w her.

so i will say u have experience serving customers and a little bit of design based ok?

basic cashier and handling with $$ no problem hor?

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f78/furniture-lifestyle-goods-shop-assistant-pt-ft-9060/
Erm..
Serving customer - should not be a problem as i work in mobile line before.
Design based - Design what ar? Never design before anything leh..
Basic cashier - I did work as cashier before but that is 10 yrs ago le..
Handling with $$ - Should not be a problem ba but the best mus have a calculator around will be the best.. In order i don't calculate wrongly..

Note: I will only be available to work part time on Monday morning and Friday afternoon (Mostly my 4 work days will take effect from next month).

Thanks CanCanMum for your help and intro.. :red:

CanCanMum

orrh ok la...i oredi sent an email to my bossie liao.....tmr when she comes in will ask her again...

i just said i knew u thru my close friend...

most imp is handling $$ and nets machine etc etc...

hope to hear good news.

Catty

orrh ok la...i oredi sent an email to my bossie liao.....tmr when she comes in will ask her again...

i just said i knew u thru my close friend...

most imp is handling $$ and nets machine etc etc...

hope to hear good news.
Oh than should nt be a problem, will inform you once my boss take effect on the 4 working days. Thanks!!!