PD in Tampines

meiteoh

*nods* That's what I was told by the lady at the Raffles hospital when I called to enquire about the vaccination packages and such.

Advice to those who with to go to Raffles at Tampines 1 - go on weekdays afternoons if you can because there is virtually no one and if you need to come on a weekend, do it first thing in the morning like 9am. You'll only wait for the paed for like 10 to 15 minutes and there are few people. Otherwise, you can end up waiting for at least an hour. The doc I saw on Saturday was Dr Lim. She's alright - very quick and straight to the point - although I expected more though, but perhaps it was because I was there more for Eva's jab. :p

thepinkdot

*nods* That's what I was told by the lady at the Raffles hospital when I called to enquire about the vaccination packages and such.

Advice to those who with to go to Raffles at Tampines 1 - go on weekdays afternoons if you can because there is virtually no one and if you need to come on a weekend, do it first thing in the morning like 9am. You'll only wait for the paed for like 10 to 15 minutes and there are few people. Otherwise, you can end up waiting for at least an hour. The doc I saw on Saturday was Dr Lim. She's alright - very quick and straight to the point - although I expected more though, but perhaps it was because I was there more for Eva's jab. :p
Don't worry about Dr Lim. She has not change since day 1. LOL! Ask if you got any questions.. She will be more than happy to answer you. The other alt. is head down early morning during weekdays too. Worse time to go is, in the evenings. Long queue!

There's only one PD at Raffles Clinic. So you will have consistency and all your records will be there.

babysparkz

We take vaccinations at Tampines polyclinic. It's by appointment basis so you can expect to be there for around half an hour. Payment is also at the counter, dont't have to go and squeeze with the other adults.

But for other cases, we might want to switch to pediatrician at Raffles as thepinkdot recommended.

so how much is it at tamp poly?

PinkDiamonds

so how much is it at tamp poly?
I think we are paying around $75 per jab. But do note that polyclinics only offer up to 5-in-1. If you want 6-in-1 you can only do it at the private clinics.

Having said that, my girl seems to be having diarrhoea, & it's a weekend!

100%

Alpha Male
Just finished my 1st 6 in 1 for my baby girl. Out of convenient, i choose the one in Simei right across my street Trinity. I think those staying around do know it.

Judging from the price you all mentioned, i think price there not cheap.. 6 in 1 + consultation = 214 for my 1st visit. 2 more injection to go.

However i must say service and speed quite good. Friendly doctor Chong. Fast Q, we got number 10 right in the morning 0830 when we go there but we were asked to go in 1st as it's small baby. Less than an hour it's done and we're even given a CD to learn more about the vaccine etc, something i didn't expect of.

As we're not driving, i think it'll be our choice even if it's more expensive due to convenient.

wks

Alpha Male
Sorry to divert on the pediatrician topic - was looking for Simei thread. Do you all know of any childcare in Simei that is good and open for registration? My girl is 4 months old. All childcare seemed to be full, ... I am open to any nannies too in Simei.

poohie

I send my baby to the baby & child clinic in Tampines and im seeing Dr Ho. The doctor is very good. She would joke with us and try to applease the baby but what i am seriously not happy about is the counter staffs. They are always full of attitude when you enquire something they give you the kind of cant be bothered attitude. Its not once or twice that i have encounter this and i seriously feel like changing another doctor because of the counter staffs attitude. Their attitude is worse when the clinic is so packed that you dont even have much space to move around and have go outside and walk for your turn.

father36

if you need a doctor good with children, go and visit Dr Zhang at Paddington Medical Clinic- she is very good with children! calming clinic environment also, Simpang Bedok, right beside Giant supermarket. She is a very calming and detailed family physician, which is apparently a post grad certification after some research done! You should check out the clinic reviews on google also, much better than some other pediatricians actually.

She also has a regular pool of female patients whenever I walk past when she is in clinic, somehow the female patients seem to like her

Do take note that this clinic does not take any insurance cards so everything is fully private.. but I guess what you pay is what you get right?

father36

if you need a doctor good with children, go and visit Dr Zhang at Paddington Medical Clinic- she is very good with children! calming clinic environment also, Simpang Bedok, right beside Giant supermarket. She is a very calming and detailed family physician, which is apparently a post grad certification after some research done! You should check out the clinic reviews on google also, much better than some other pediatricians actually.

She also has a regular pool of female patients whenever I walk past when she is in clinic, somehow the female patients seem to like her

Do take note that this clinic does not take any insurance cards so everything is fully private.. but I guess what you pay is what you get right?