Periods Post Birth

Got my first period back @ the end of second month, accompanied by really bad cramps. lasted more than 2 weeks.

currently having second period now - 3 months post birth. been more than 2 weeks too.

is this normal? when will periods return to the way they were before? my periods used to last 8 days max =/

1568mummy

It could be normal, depending on different woman's body.

For me, because of breastfeeding, my period did not come until I stop breastfeeding for more than 2months, it used to come once in 24days, super accurate, never have to worry about 'accident-staining', but ever since after giving birth to 2 boys, my period went hare-wire. Almost impossible to count the days and worse, it used to be 7days now it can be 4 or 9 days...

I had NEVER experience cramps before but recently, about 5months ago, cramps start to come for the first 2 days of the period...super pain... weird? Doc say its normal....

"woman's body take a major change after child birth" that was his reply...

seriously, will it ever be BACK to before childbirth, I really don't know, cos my elder one will be 5yr old in 2 weeks time and my younger one is 3years old, yet my period is NOT back to normal yet....

but I do urge you to observe for another 2 more periods, if you still feel uneasy about the pain and the duration, DO go see doc...but remember to accept that typical answer above....:nah:

thanks 1568mummy!

on top of AAAALLLL the emotional adjustments is ALSO the physical adjustments ... oh dear ...

i'll be damned if my periods keep lasting more than 2 weeks!!! that's more than half my life!!!

CanCanMum

its like tat coz our body is adjusting to post birth cycle.

for me, on off i have period, around 1.5 mths after confinement..sometimes lasts 1 week, sometimes 3 days, veri irregular. after ard 3mths later it adjusts itself back to 28 day cycle...

mine be4 preg lasts 1 week, now only lasts 3 days...better no need to wear pads 4 so many days...hehehe...

1568mummy

thanks 1568mummy!

on top of AAAALLLL the emotional adjustments is ALSO the physical adjustments ... oh dear ...

i'll be damned if my periods keep lasting more than 2 weeks!!! that's more than half my life!!!
nah...so ke-qi! you are welcome, just sharing....

its like 'bleeding' for HALF a month! that's really horrible! But you'll survive for sure *wink* just make sure to eat more zhu-gan (that is if you eat) when the 'red flow' stops.... :Dancing_wub: