Pernatal Yoga

honeygirl

Hi!
I wish to but not sure which gestation week to
start ? Currently is 13 weeks, have u attend
any prenatal yoga class? Any recommendation and
suggestion?

SuMum

Hi, I am at my 14 weeks and absolutely loving the pre-natal yoga at Mother's & Baby at Tanglin Mall and its very affordable at $30 per session :)

kenta

Hey I'm about 14weeks now. $30 per session is cheap and I heard after 20weeks onwards is suitable for prenatal yoga already. ask me to join in too! :)

Just Me

Hi Mummies,

besides Mother's & Baby, do you know any other places to do prenatal yoga?
Im staying in Serangoon and working near Macpherson. Looking to join somewhere nearer to these 2 places.:eek:

pearl87

Hi there!Prenatal yoga can really be beneficial to pregnant women so I encourage you to engage on it. This form of relaxation technique can aid back pain--which is very common in pregnancy as the weight of your uterus increases.

elizabethmaria

Hello Mummies prenatal yoga is extremely good for health of the mother as well as the baby. I had also gone for prenatal yoga during my pregnancy. But be careful during any stressful exercise. :)

Any in the east to recommend? I am currently trying out the one at Old Badminton Hall and it's ok. Went once only.

What's the usual rate for prenatal yoga too?

deenamathew

Yoga is beneficial because it helps you learn to breathe deeply and relax, which will come in handy as you face the physical demands of labor, birth, and motherhood. In fact, one of the first things you learn in a yoga class is how to breathe fully.

JanyOliver

Hi Mummies,
Is it even possible to practice yoga during pregnancy?
Before pregnancy, I was actively engaged in yoga, and I will do it after a certain time. By the way, maybe someone will be interested, I have a resource practice yoga . I have built my individual schedule on it and have been doing it for 10 years! With the help of yoga, I quickly get myself in shape! Good luck mommies!

Last edited:

mummyq

I would just like to recommend this babymoon retreat that I attended in May that has prenatal yoga too. It was one of the best prenatal workshops & staycation I've ever been to. It was hosted by My Queen, I believe they are a prenatal & postpartum centre. My husband and I came across their ad for the retreat on instagram & we thought for the price & activities & the place it was quite worth it.

The retreat was held at Oasia Resort Sentosa. It consisted of:
  • Tour around My Queen’s surrounding inside Oasia
  • Baby care workshop
  • Prenatal yoga
  • Cord blood banking talk

The tour was really interesting, they showed us the room & the facilities to be offered if we decided to stay with them for our confinement period.

The baby care workshop was really informative & it was a good refresher for me & my husband after our 1st kid. We learnt about the proper ways to breastfeed, what to look out for, nursing tips for my husband as well so he can be more active in helping. It was very interactive too because we got to practice using baby dolls & they even had a fake nipple for better visuals. For someone that is a visual learner, these props were very helpful for me. It was great as well because we were able to interact with the other couples there & get tips from their experiences too.

The prenatal workshop was really easy. I have never done yoga before so I was abit worried but the instructor was really nice & patient with me. She had a very calm & soothing aura too. Initially I didn't really know much about the benefits of yoga but after the session, I felt like yoga is definitely a must to help keep fit & relaxed after giving birth.

They also provided plenty of snacks & drinks for us in case we felt snackish. My husband especially, really enjoyed their pastries & nuts.

The prenatal workshop only took about 4 hours & then after that, we were able to go into our rooms where we will be staying overnight. My husband & I took this time to enjoy our time together with our first born. He enjoyed Sentosa too! We walked around the area, it is a very walkable distance to the beaches & even to the monorail as well if you want to head to other parts of Sentosa or even to Vivo. The hotel itself has so many facilities & restaurants to eat at too.

To my fellow moms who are looking for a good prenatal workshop with prenatal yoga & staycation, I just checked their website. They are having another retreat this coming August 6-7. You can head to their website to check it out. Just search for 'My Queen Confinement'