Personal trainers

iwan2noe

Hi dear all,

I would like to hire personal trainers to train me and help me tone up after my pregnancy. With so many fitness centres around, I do not know which one is good and has good and qualified trainers. I hope to find a good female personal trainer to help me lose weight, and tone up and who doen't cost too much.

Any one has any recommendations on personal training package or personal trainer to recommend?

Thanks alot ! =)

Ting

my friend is a personal trainer.
if u r interested, can pm me for his contact.
he used to be in true fitness, now he changed alr, cant rmb where though.

iwan2noe

my friend is a personal trainer.
if you are interested, can pm me for his contact.
he used to be in true fitness, now he changed already, cant rmb where though.
Hi Ting,

Can you ask ur fren which fitness ctr he/she is with now, pls?
Thank u :)

Ting

hi dear, i just called him, he says he is at skyfitness. it is located at harbourfront, at the cable cars building tt side.
he just got a cert for pre n post pregnancy exercise thingy(cant rmb what it is called).

if u r interested, he say u can go for trial session first, then decide if u wanna engage his services.
:)

iwan2noe

hi dear, i just called him, he says he is at skyfitness. it is located at harbourfront, at the cable cars building that side.
he just got a cert for pre n post pregnancy exercise thingy(cant rmb what it is called).

if you are interested, he say you can go for trial session first, then decide if you wanna engage his services.
:)
Ting, can help me find out the charges he charge? Is it a package deal or etc?
i do not wish to fork out too much as u know more money is needed when a little one is born :) $ is spent is almost every aspects....

thanks alot in advance ! :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Personal trainer is about S$60-80/session ...

In order to lose weight and such, diet plays 70% and exercise 30%

Good Luck :wong29:

iwan2noe

Personal trainer is about S$60-80/session ...

In order to lose weight and such, diet plays 70% and exercise 30%

Good Luck :wong29:
Ya, i agree :) diet plays a very impt part in losing weight :)
thanks.. per session means an hour each right?

Pardon me for so many qns as it is my first time hiring a Personal trainer :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is about 1 hour per session :)

If you would like to lose the calf and such, do not do jogging ... steps are very good to tone down lower part of body and overall body ...

Actually if you follow the following

1. no soft drinks, deep fried food and sugar stuffs!
2. moderate carbo intake and small meals
3. every morning brisk walk for 5 km
4. do steps for 1 hour in gym/home (just buy a steps machine)
5. use staircase instead of lift whenever you could

you will lose weight in no time :)

Attachments

iwan2noe

Yes it is about 1 hour per session :)

If you would like to lose the calf and such, do not do jogging ... steps are very good to tone down lower part of body and overall body ...

Actually if you follow the following

1. no soft drinks, deep fried food and sugar stuffs!
2. moderate carbo intake and small meals
3. every morning brisk walk for 5 km
4. do steps for 1 hour in gym/home (just buy a steps machine)
5. use staircase instead of lift whenever you could

you will lose weight in no time :)
Wow! Dear Admin-Ed,'

Thanks alot for your valueable advice!
Really appreciate it :) :red:
u are right I have big ugly calves! so depressed ;(

Ting

i think his fitness club having promo now. 70bucks per session, min 20 sessions..?
think u need to dbl check.. n mostly can nego the price..
but i agree with eddy, u can do your own personal workout.. its foc n u can do it anytime anywhere~

snowbear

Hi dear all,

I would like to hire personal trainers to train me and help me tone up after my pregnancy. With so many fitness centres around, I do not know which one is good and has good and qualified trainers. I hope to find a good female personal trainer to help me lose weight, and tone up and who doen't cost too much.

Any one has any recommendations on personal training package or personal trainer to recommend?

Thanks alot ! =)
Hi, just wanna share with you my experience with personal trainers. I used to be with Amore Fitness and at one pt I took up a short package for personal training. It's too expensive for me to continue but I took the opportunity to learn more about how to tone and work out my body, taking into considerations things such as previous injuries and problem areas. Hence, you may wanna take up a short package with a personal trainer and then continue to do what you learnt during the sessions on your own. I think that's more cost-effective and cost-saving. I dun think we really need someone next to us telling us what to do next during our exercise regime all the time. :)

iwan2noe

Hi, just wanna share with you my experience with personal trainers. I used to be with Amore Fitness and at one pt I took up a short package for personal training. It's too expensive for me to continue but I took the opportunity to learn more about how to tone and work out my body, taking into considerations things such as previous injuries and problem areas. Hence, you may wanna take up a short package with a personal trainer and then continue to do what you learnt during the sessions on your own. I think that's more cost-effective and cost-saving. I dont think we really need someone next to us telling us what to do next during our exercise regime all the time. :)
Hi snowbear,

thank u for sharing ur personal experience. I agree with ur doing. I also have tot of doing so but I do understand we need at least a no. of sessions b4 we really know what to do and how to do.. n i totally agree that PT is really v exp..may have to start doing exercise to start off first, else if i engage any PT then didnt turn up for training, it will be effort down the drain ;)

snowbear

Hi snowbear,

thank you for sharing your personal experience. I agree with your doing. I also have thought of doing so but I do understand we need at least a no. of sessions before we really know what to do and how to do.. n i totally agree that PT is really very exp..may have to start doing exercise to start off first, else if i engage any PT then didnt turn up for training, it will be effort down the drain ;)
:tlaugh::tlaugh:It's so expensive that I think you wun think of not turning up for the session! :)

Yup, starting off with some simple exercise to build up your stamina first would be good. But if you've had previous injuries (like me), it's better to start with PT first so that you won't unknowingly worsen the condition.

Ting

hi,
is ping hwee your PT ?
hmm, can advise me on the cost of each session, and how long is each section, pls? what do they usually do in the 1st few sessions?

actually, how much r u looking at??
i would think that PT dun come cheap. at least 70-80 per session.
u can actually google n find out what kinda of exercise that suits your needs instead of getting a PT.

yunielescaz

Alpha Male
hi,
is ping hwee your PT ?
hmm, can advise me on the cost of each session, and how long is each section, pls? what do they usually do in the 1st few sessions?
hi i am a personal trainer myself. certified under ACSM, exercise physiology, CPR and also a Diploma in Physiotherapy from NYP. i do not offer any packages. Charges are $60 per session for as long as the session takes. Thus it is more flexible to the client. you can stop anytime you want, no hard feelings. contact me at yorkenyt@gmail.com if you are interested or need more info. thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I used to train under this guy named Derrick. He used to be at the gym at Le Meridian but I think he has since moved to Marina Mandarin. If you want his contact number please PM me. Don't want to expose his number here. Hope you understand.