Photo looks "soft" and not sharp when zoomed in. Help Anyone?

LaricTraic

Hi, I am new here and and a fairly new photographer as well (Been shooting consistently for about a year now). I have noticed that most of my photos look really clear on camera. But when I go to edit them and I'm zoomed in, I notice that the image is not sharp, but rather fuzzy or grainy. I'm not sure why this is happening. I've read that it could be my aperture or shutter speed, but I'm still confused. Can someone shed some light please? Thanks

I've attached the grainy photo as well as another photo I took that came out much clear. Not exactly sure why one came out sharper and the other didn't. I have also included the metadata for each photo. (These are straight out of the camera btw)

rebeccamur

Hi, I know what it is, because when I started photographing, I also encountered this. But now I sometimes take pictures on my iPhone and there are still such problems. The fact is that the problem may be in the camera(not of the best quality), or in the computer on which you throw off the photo(when transferring from one device to another, the quality is lost). When I take a photo on my phone I use the app https://backlightblog.com/wedding-photography-on-iphone because it automatically removes blurred photos, or photos with a reduced quality. This helps, because only good photos remain, and when they are approached, they do not change in any way and there is no graininess.

EugeneK

There are many factors that can cause this: sufficient lighting, shaky hands are just some possible factors too.
Personally, to reduce the occurrence of this issue, I'll use Aperture priority or Shutter speed priority and lock the focus before hitting the snap button. Zoom in the photos on your camera to check if the blurring still exists before moving on to the next one.

olivi1980

Before you take a photo, you need to set up your camera the way you want it to be. Poor photo quality could also be because your camera cannot take high-resolution photos, which causes pixels and blurriness when you zoom in. I use a Panasonic Lumix G7, and I used to have the same problem. I realized it was the lens, so I bought a new one. I found a lens tutorial on the internet, and I could choose an amazing lens that would make my photos look better.