Pigeon Mag Mag spout top - cleaning it.

meiteoh

HELPPPPP!

I've been taking it apart and washing it every day and yet, I get some ugly dark spots on the underside of the spout teat. I tried scrubbing it and it won't come off.

When I first used it, it wasn't there and now, instead of one spot, I have three!

What the heck am I doing wrong??? Should I just get a new one?

camom

I will get a new spout. I had this problem previously till I switched to straw cup when he could use one. Much easier to clean with the thin straw brush.

Last edited:

apollo

HELPPPPP!

I've been taking it apart and washing it every day and yet, I get some ugly dark spots on the underside of the spout teat. I tried scrubbing it and it won't come off.

When I first used it, it wasn't there and now, instead of one spot, I have three!

What the heck am I doing wrong??? Should I just get a new one?
babe, i tot i'm the only one facing this pro!!! ds's magmag spout also will hav those ugly and 'dirty' dark spot aft using for only a month! he is using the 3rd spout alrdy.. cos no matter hw hard i tried, also cant scrub off the stain and i dunno where the stain comes from since i wash it thoroughly EVERYDAY..

btw, did u realise the spout aft using for sometime, it will become loosen and often drop off from the cap??

apollo

I will get a new spout. I had this problem previously till I switched to straw cup when he could use one. Much easier to clean with the thin straw brush.
camom mummy, may i noe when ur baby started using the straw? i tried letting ds use the straw but he dunno hw to suck yet.. =(

camom

Abt 8 mths old. That was when he learned to suck to draw in water haahaa. I used the interchangeable straw top with his mag mag 1st. Then switched him to munchkin later.

camom

In my case, the dark spots always start appearing near the sealing area, the part where the rubber part "clips" onto the plastic. Aiyo.. so frustrated with the cleaning. & The spout stained easily from the food he took, like bolognaise sauce, pumpkin, sweet potato.

apollo

In my case, the dark spots always start appearing near the sealing area, the part where the rubber part "clips" onto the plastic. Aiyo.. so frustrated with the cleaning. & The spout stained easily from the food he took, like bolognaise sauce, pumpkin, sweet potato.
YES!!! nowadays when i feed ds carrot, must wait for awhile b4 feeding him water via magmag!!! i threw the 1st spout mainly is becos of the carrot stain!!! seem so 'dirty' and 'old'... hopefully ds can faster 'master' the skill of sucking straw.. haha

Ting

hah orleng dearie, just let him use it lorr, then show him also..
actualyl its like drinking milk, same, just suck, he will learn eventually. i think pin know how to suck from straw very young also.. but cant rmb when.

apollo

hah orleng dearie, just let him use it lorr, then show him also..
actualyl its like drinking milk, same, just suck, he will learn eventually. i think pin know how to suck from straw very young also.. but cant rmb when.
yalo i also feel tt is same as sucking from milk teat.. but he just dunno hw to suck lehh.. gif him, he will bite bite chew chew the straw -.-"""

Astar

could the dark spots be mould?

I only let my boy drink water from it, hence, i do not have this problem.

I also steralised the sippy cup daily.

meiteoh

Thanks for the replies ladies!

I tried intro-ing the straw to Eva but she didn't take to it well so am stuck with the sippy but I plan to let her try the straw on and off again.

I only fill the sippy with water so can't understand what the heck are all those yucky dots. And yeah, my spout is turning a bit yellow coz of the food she's taking as well.

I soaked it in some bleach and detergent the other day and the mould is gone but have to rinse it well with water.

Gelyn

Hmm...I used to have this problem when my maid clean the Mag Mag spout top and she will cover the spout top with the cover and put at the rack to dry.

Nowsaday, I will put the cleaned Mag Mag and the spout in the hotpot with the milk bottle. So far, no dark spot have been found.

littlesheep

Hi mummies,

wondering if we need to sterilise the whole Pigeon mag mag or just the teat/ spout/ straw will do?
i just bought it for my 3 mth old ger to use with the teat.

apollo

Hi mummies,

wondering if we need to sterilise the whole Pigeon mag mag or just the teat/ spout/ straw will do?
i just bought it for my 3 month old ger to use with the teat.
ermmm i dare not sterilise it, cos the box stated it is not suitable for boiling or sterilising, dun dare to test water..

btw ur baby is 3mth old only, u intro water to her alrdy?

apollo

meiteoh, let ur girl try the straw on n off, lik every week.. i just let ds try the straw last week and amazingly, he suddenly noe hw to suck water via the straw! HAHA!!

fioncess

meiteoh, let your girl try the straw on n off, lik every week.. i just let dear son try the straw last week and amazingly, he suddenly know hw to suck water via the straw! HAHA!!
andrea dun even wan to drink from spout.. i bought the mothercare brand... is it cos the spout too big? can intro straw instead of spout?

apollo

andrea dont even want to drink from spout.. i bought the mothercare brand... is it cos the spout too big? can intro straw instead of spout?
i think can intro alrdy bahh.. as long as she noe hw to suck the straw shd be okay.. hehe...

Do you take the bottle apart, wash it, and air it till it's completely dry before using it again?
ermmmm... i didnt lehh.. i just shake off the water, cover it, place in a container.. next day b4 use, rinse with tap water, then pour abit of hot water into the cup (as in 'sterilise') den pour away, den pour in the normal temp water for ashton.. haha!

apollo

bte i realised horr whenever sahton suck from the straw, the water will 'leak' lehh... i think is the cup/straw got pro but my mum said is he spit out the water.. :err: