Pineapple Tart

zaclin29

Just wondering..

I know we are not supposed to eat fresh pineapple..
But can we eat pineapple tart since it's cook?

pixie

How many months/weeks pregnancy are you now?
I ate raw/fresh pineapples when I was pregnant and nothing happen. But if I take cranberry juice/fruit, I will start to have tummyache shortly after.
I suppose the tarts are fine but try just some and see how you react to it. Eat everything in moderation and you should be fine.

zaclin29

How many months/weeks pregnancy are you now?
I ate raw/fresh pineapples when I was pregnant and nothing happen. But if I take cranberry juice/fruit, I will start to have tummyache shortly after.
I suppose the tarts are fine but try just some and see how you react to it. Eat everything in moderation and you should be fine.
I'm abt 8 wks now....

apollo

I asked my gynae the same qns before. she said pineapple tarts is perfectly alright and even said "what is CNY without pineapple tarts?" Just that dont overeat as pineapple tarts is quite sweet. =)

Keke

Yep i asked my gynae too... he said can eat!!! everything in moderation, just don't go extreme & eat too much :)

Amulet

Actually, it's a myth that pineapples will cause miscarriage so by all means with fresh pineapples as longs don't so much till it gives u tummyache.. Infact, pineapples can help cope with MS..

As for pineapple tarts, watch out for the sugar level lo..

mosqeetoh

Hah! I ate half a pineapple when i was in my first trimester (i didnt know i was pregnant!) and my baby is still fine! Now in my 25th week :D

so i guess, it;s really a myth. Or maybe depends on the person?

pixie

Depends on individual. I ate pineapples (in moderation) throughout my pregnancy and nothing happen. But once I drank/ate stuff made of cranberries, I will start to do toilet-run.

Hah! I ate half a pineapple when i was in my first trimester (i didnt know i was pregnant!) and my baby is still fine! Now in my 25th week :D

so i guess, it;s really a myth. Or maybe depends on the person?

Rukia

I heard cooked pineapples are fine. Even raw ones are ok in moderation.

I looove pineapple tarts, ate quite a few already. Never tried raw ones before, cos even before pregnancy I dont like raw pineapples, as it "cuts" my tongue..

zaclin29

Yes, just checked with my doc too...

All cooked pineapple is fine except the fresh ones....

So we can eat pineapple tarts, pineapple rice, Hawaiian pizza etc.... :)

Amulet

I heard cooked pineapples are fine. Even raw ones are ok in moderation.

I looove pineapple tarts, ate quite a few already. Never tried raw ones before, cos even before pregnancy I dont like raw pineapples, as it "cuts" my tongue..
Try Del Monte or sweet16.. They are sweet juicy n doesn't cut tOngue.. This is the only pineaPples I eat..