Place To Go In Singapore

peanuts

Hi,anyone has good recommendation on where to bring our kids during the weekends.Sometimes i am at a lost of idea of where to go.My family dun own a car and we usually travel by public transport like mrt, taxi

I am not keen of shopping mall lately...all the malls are almost the same with the same few stalls like G2000 , Charles & Keith etc...Moreover with kids around mummy can forget about shopping for themselve.

CanCanMum

how old are your kids? 2? 3?

i always bring my boy to East Coast Park, Botanic Gardens, MacRitchie Reservoir becoz i like nature....can really de-stress looking at monkeys and trees and birds and feeding fishes...

shopping malls? They are all the same lols.

if u r willing to spend $, can go Zoo or Jurong Birdpark or Night Safari.....

i always do shopping during lunch time....tats the ONLY time available to myself hahahhahaha

yakii

Can go visit the Marina Barrage at Marina South...is really a nice place to fly some kites and have a mini picnic. My son love the place as is able to see the ferry wheel and all the water surrounding...Great view. Or go to the Ballas Jabcob children's Garden...is a great place for toddlers and children...learning abt different types of plants and trees and they have playground and a water place for kids to play...but remember to bring extra sets of clothing..oh ya still got the maze for kids..

CynCyn

Where is marina barrage at ? Is it marina south the stretch where used to have steamboat ?

CanCanMum

can make your own kite....just buy materials from popular....u can make it together with your kids oso....even more fun!

if not just buy some sticks and paper from stationary shops then can make already.

yakii

Where is marina barrage at ? Is it marina south the stretch where used to have steamboat ?
is somewhere near there...there is bus that stop outside and got to walk alittle. But is really a very nice nice place to vist and they even have a trip to the New water treatment plant every weekend...and the best is 'FREE" haa haa and is educational for those little one

CanCanMum

Cancanmum, that is wat i used to do last time too..but if we do that now...ppl ard you will look at u differently..haa haa
huh huh???? wads wrong wif tat ley....ok wad~ lols! last time i fly my 'kite' from my hdb room window worh~hahaha

zero costs ley~

yeah~ those were the days......i am in nostalgic mood nowadays....~

Last edited:

lis

no la..not relli la..jb still ok..
i often patronise jb..do my marketing der...coz it's much~~ more cheaper compared to s'pore..
i can at least save half of s'pore price..n furthermore..nowadays,the jam not bad already.. :Dancing_wub:

CanCanMum

if singaporean go jb must be low profile~

but u r malay rite? malay canx tell mah~ hahaha like one of them liaoz~

i agree its not safe to go jb nowadays...too many robbery cases.

lis

if singaporean go jb must be low profile~

but u r malay rite? malay canx tell mah~ hahaha like one of them liaoz~

i agree its not safe to go jb nowadays...too many robbery cases.
how can they not noe tat we're from s'pore..the way we dress olready diff from them..n furthermore we took s'pore plate car wot..of course they'll noe la..

niwae,re the robbery cases,i still feel tat it's not 100% true..s'pore come up w issues in the papers because they don wan s'porean to go der n spend..they dun wan the economy to go down..overall,it's political..
u get wot i'm saying..~~

yakii

Can go to Lim chu Kang side got alot of farms...my sonny like to go that fish farm to fish wif the net...i do my fish spa..lolz

elmo493

I don't think so. I believe those articles reported in the newspaper is 101% true and it is much more lesser than what actually happened out there.

When I was in Guangzhou, I don't see much news about the suicide case from the 'Fa Lu Gong' which is happening in Beijing. We are told that they don't want such things to be known by people in other province. But back in Singapore, they already heard about it as it shown in the newspaper.

how can they not noe tat we're from s'pore..the way we dress olready diff from them..n furthermore we took s'pore plate car wot..of course they'll noe la..

niwae,re the robbery cases,i still feel tat it's not 100% true..s'pore come up w issues in the papers because they don wan s'porean to go der n spend..they dun wan the economy to go down..overall,it's political..
u get wot i'm saying..~~

lis

I don't think so. I believe those articles reported in the newspaper is 101% true and it is much more lesser than what actually happened out there.

When I was in Guangzhou, I don't see much news about the suicide case from the 'Fa Lu Gong' which is happening in Beijing. We are told that they don't want such things to be known by people in other province. But back in Singapore, they already heard about it as it shown in the newspaper.
yes..the issues r true..but mostly it's not happening in JB itself..most of it happened in far part of m'sia..like terrenganu..those far far places tat s'poreans seldom go..

nvm..maybe u dun get wot i mean..afterall,it's up to individual to decide ur own safety in which places.. *cheers*

Queenbabe

JB is ok but still not very safe if u r unlucky u will never know. Just recently singapore SBS Bus driver kena slashed by the JB robber using Parang knife so scary, quite seriously injure. Lastimes i always go now i seldom go also becoz the new m'sia custom so complicated make me so giddy :)

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Can go visit the Marina Barrage at Marina South...is really a nice place to fly some kites and have a mini picnic. My son love the place as is able to see the ferry wheel and all the water surrounding...Great view. Or go to the Ballas Jabcob children's Garden...is a great place for toddlers and children...learning abt different types of plants and trees and they have playground and a water place for kids to play...but remember to bring extra sets of clothing..oh ya still got the maze for kids..
Confirm this place is FOC entry, right?
:bconfused: :bconfused: