Playground

jedamum

no..when he was younger, cos i see the older kids quite rough. but now he k1 already, he goes to the playground only if we happened to be there. :)

elfsg

I try not to. not that i am very protective over my gal. it is just that the other kids will not give way to my gal. and there is a few incidents where they tried to push my gal down the slide... so i now try to avoid the crowd in the playground.

snort

my ds been going to the playground daily since he was 18 mo when we moved to a place which had one! yay!! he loves it and we are fortunate to have it all to ourselves in the mornings, usually. but even when kids are around, they've generally looked out for the younger ones, so whew!

i feel it's ok as long as you watch out for your child.

_ApplePie_

I always take DS there if I am free, provided the weather is good. So long as you watch your little ones closely, it's actually a good exposure to them. Plus they can learn something from it, eg building up confidence and esp learning to take turns.

I always take DS there if I am free, provided the weather is good. So long as you watch your little ones closely, it's actually a good exposure to them. Plus they can learn something from it, eg building up confidence and esp learning to take turns.
Ya agree! my ds oso luvs to go playground...on evry offday,i will brg him thr provided the weather is ok...

EnFlor

Playground sites with air-con...free play:

1) Budget Terminal
2) Paragon Top-level near Toys R Us
3) Ikea Tampines (kids with acceptable heights only)

Great outdoor playground :
1) Pasir Ris Park
2) Rivervale (near blk 150+, i think)

Anymore to add, esp the ones with air-con ? Please add them here.

myangela

my ds been going to the playground daily since he was 18 mo when we moved to a place which had one! yay!! he loves it and we are fortunate to have it all to ourselves in the mornings, usually. but even when kids are around, they've generally looked out for the younger ones, so whew!

i feel it's ok as long as you watch out for your child.
Same here! It's gd to let ur child explore around get to play wz other toddler.
:Dancing_tongue:

IJmum

My ds LOVES to go to the playground. But he usually plays on his own and doesn't mix with the other kids. He's kinda shy, just like to look at the other kids playing but deosn't join them. The other day he was playing happily on his own when another boy came over and was trying to bully my ds. I felt quite furious.

But still, I continue to bring him every other day. It's good for motor skills.

spottycow

Yes I do. They can learn alot from it. Like making friends, sharing, etc. I would definitely bring them there if weather is ok. They love it when I chase them, so in a way I would exercise also.

Angelmum

lazy mum = hardly
I'm a bit particular with hygiene so after play, will make girl wash hands and change to new set of clothes ..... troublesome ley

naze

Depends on weather but since HFMD just started, I dont dare to bring my daugther to playground.

ireneliau

yes.. cos can mix around with other kids.. but if too many older kids play at the playground then i will bring my daugther to near by park to play.. cos the older kids playing very rough.. my daughter 19mth, she like to go playground.. Play swing, slide and climb the ladder..

jazz_sofia

yes, when im free, and the weather is fine, but i keep a watchful eye on her bec sometimes bigger kids play also and they tend to play rough, im scared that they may hurt my little girl. my gal likes going to the playground...

Janice_88

Hi All

Just to share.. I know there is one indoor playground for kids 3 yrs and above. entry fee is about 4plus only. adult is free.

Quite a nice environment for kids, clean and not so rowdy..

perhaps you all can try to bring your kids there? i believe kids would love to go there.

somemore there can also hold birthday parties too!

Ting

nope, i dun bring her go playground.
but her sch hv their pwn pte playground n the teacher will bring them there a few times a week.
my sis did bring her to the indoor playground once, n she enjoyed.
for my parents, they prefer to bring her to botanic gardens where she can run freely on the grass patches, catch dragonflies n feed fishes/birds.

Ting

Hi All

Just to share.. I know there is one indoor playground for kids 3 yrs and above. entry fee is about 4plus only. adult is free.

Quite a nice environment for kids, clean and not so rowdy..

perhaps you all can try to bring your kids there? i believe kids would love to go there.

somemore there can also hold birthday parties too!

there's a indoor playground for all age grp, call FIDGETS, its at turf city.
pretty fun i heard.
my sis brought pin there once, n she loved it. :)

Charbabe

I bring my dd to the playground almost every morning. She loves it! I think its very good for her gross motor skill. She can play with other kids whom is ard e same age as her. For myself, I can get some tips from other mommies n ah gong ah ma. :)