Playing cheat during confinement

CynCyn

Was wondering if any one didn't do their confinement properly ?
Go out as per normal , didn't eat those confinement food ? Blow aircon & fan ? LOL !

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Yup mi everything short cut, confinement negotiate to 2 weeks oni,
now fall sick easily & feel cold easily .... ppl say bcoz of no proper confinement :frown:

lisa_ng

i'm one of them. sleep in aircon room, bathe & wash hair once or twice a day, wear little clothings, go outside walk walk, drank a little coke, walk ard the house, do some housework instead of resting. moreover CL with me only for 2 weeks.

but now hor kind of regret.. shoulder, thighs, back get pain. especially when it rains. my thighs get like muscle ache as though u have walk miles of road.

xiaodaisy

haha mi too.. wen i reach hm i bought baby out to shoppin e next day drank coke all tis.. but donno bcos of tis or wat now wen rainy days i feel aching all over my body haiz...

Carol

I bathe. And Im bad enough to use water instead of the herbal bath CL prepared. Cos I cant stand the smell.

I went out with Dh.

I drank ice cold water.

Lol !

Mum2Matty

I got no choice but to go out cos I hv to bring my boy to the poliyclinic for jaundice check and to KKH for metabolic check. Lotsa blood test and see my son cry so hard until I also cry and scold the nurse!

xiaodaisy

I heard cnt drink coke..........

I bath everyday. Go out almost everyday too.

be checkin out of hospital i ask doctor can or not den doctor says can ah why not lolz.. so even old ppl say cannot oso don bother haha.. but in e end cause myself whole body aching .. haha

Aylene

I had ice water 1hr after delivery. Showered and washed my hair the moment I was allowed to get out of bed. Have been bathing and washing my hair everyday since

My confinement food was catered so I could tell them what I want and don't want. Had McDonalds for supper 2 nights after I arrived home.

Wore only shorts and tee at home. Aircon at nite is a must.

In my opinion, it is alright to go out since DS's 1st PD appointment was when he was 5days old. My gyne appointment was 5 days after.

DH has heard lots of stories about the side effects of not doing confinement properly and is now waiting for me to complain of any aches. But so far, I am ok beside being sleep deprived.

Carol

I got no choice but to go out cos I hv to bring my boy to the poliyclinic for jaundice check and to KKH for metabolic check. Lotsa blood test and see my son cry so hard until I also cry and scold the nurse!

My auntie brought her Ds to polyclinic check jaundice. The no skill nurse prick his feet then said ooops sorry prick wrongly, then prick one more time ! She was so angry that she quarrelled with that nurse too.

Carol

I had ice water 1hr after delivery. Showered and washed my hair the moment I was allowed to get out of bed. Have been bathing and washing my hair everyday since

My confinement food was catered so I could tell them what I want and don't want. Had McDonalds for supper 2 nights after I arrived home.

Wore only shorts and tee at home. Aircon at nite is a must.

In my opinion, it is alright to go out since DS's 1st PD appointment was when he was 5days old. My gyne appointment was 5 days after.

DH has heard lots of stories about the side effects of not doing confinement properly and is now waiting for me to complain of any aches. But so far, I am ok beside being sleep deprived.

Ya relatives have been saying the same thing too. But my mum was exactly like me when she did her confinement. Now at 43, she didnt have any pains at all cos she exercised frequently. She said that women who complained of pains when they get old is because they're too lazy to exercise. If you everyday laze around of course pain la :001_302:

baobao

u all gd lo. i was so controlled by my MIL. this cannot tat cannot. i only secretly take the fan and blow at me the whole nite when everyone was slping. i could only bath with the herbal water. but no washing hair.

and now my legs n backs also pain when rainy days. should not have blow the fan directly at me.

Last edited:

LoVeS

me got on air con n fan blow me leh but dun haf aching on legs i tink it not really true abt those things. SUm ppl will aching sum wont.

Leanne

I don't use the herbal bath which my CL prepared too. I use the normal warm water to bath as usual. Wash hair every day after my 1st week.

Went out everyday since last week.

Wear spag top & hot short at home.

Blow air con & fan.

But i have not drink cold water. Esp those carbonated drinks. Better avoid.

Aylene

I agree with Carol's mom! If one do not take care of themselves, there will sure be ailments as time passes by.

Before my grandma passed on, she had aching joints but never once did her doctor relate it back to how she did her confinement. They will say its the weakening of joints wear and tear.

Eventually like what baobao said, how every mama does her confinement is up to individual as long as they are comfortable. But sometimes following wad the elders will reduce nagging or disagreements. Therefore, I did my own confinement so dun even have to be nagged at by CL.

Last edited:

stonston

i nvr follow confinement rules...i bath, wash hair, wear singlet n shorts cos so hot, blow fan, on aircon, sit up all day watching tv, walk ard e house barefooted, drink ice water, etc etc....

my mum says i'm a terror...lucky i no stay with ILs, if not sure got fight....

anyway, i'm still v fit, fitter than b4 preggie....last time always fall sick ard once a mth....till now onli fall sick once with mild flu cos hb pass to me....no aches or anything cos i still do my regular exercises n have lots of milk to put back all e calcium leeched away fm me during pregnancy n bf....

as long as u keep a healthy lifestyle, exercise to keep ur body fit, those ailments wont come so fast...actualli even if u nvr give birth b4, those ailments will also have, jus tt pple like to blame it on something, so they blame it on confinement lor....