Playing cheat during confinement

when I had my first dd, my mum insisted that I don't bathe. By the fourth day, I broke down as my rashes were very bad

Then she relented and allowed me to bather with the herbal thingy three days once. Then I developed fever due to breast engorgement, the young gp scared and asked me to go to gynae for a check said most probably I infected below.

Went to gynae, she said that my fever got nothing to do with anything except my engorged breasts. Then when she heard my story abt the bathe thingy, she then tell me to tell my mother that because I had an infection so I got to bathe everyday.

My mother got no choice.

Second baby, she boiled the herbs daily for me to bathe then I compromise by washing my hair once in two or three days.

I sleep in air con, wear long pants and let the fan blow at me.

I got no problem with headaches and backaches and so on.

CynCyn

I didn't eat a single piece of ginger though my CL cooked alot for me . Ended up packing it into tissues and throwing it out of the window . No choice , I nvr eat ginger one . :001_302:

Blow fan and on aircon when it's already raining outside .
Dh helped me cover up when I on aircon . But blow fan in the day to hot liao .

After 5 days of not bathing my body has rashes all over . Put powder also still itchy . Bath with herbs . But b4 I bath with herbs I bath with normal warm water with hospital toiletries those soap and shampoo . Cos the smell nt tt strong ma , wait they knw i secretly bath . After bathing I use the herbs to bath agn to cover up the fragrant smell from the shampoo e t c .

2 weeks into confinement , I went back smoking agn .

But i nvr went out at all until 1 day b4 my confinement ends I went out to get stuffs for full mth nia .

:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Ting

hmm, i only drank plain water like a few tyms la..n i bathe think like 2-3 tyms secretly..heh heh. blow fan is not secretly, but openly? just not directly only..n gg out, is my aunt who is doing confinement for me ask me go out wan leh..hahaha....

qiqi mama

haha i nv reali play cheat except put some warm water into e herb water then drink some plain water n drink one pack of vitasoy honeydew milk hehe

jojanimm

I think not bathing during confinement is only for women in China where the weather can be cold. How not to bathe in our weather? My MIL agrees to me bathing everyday during confinement, but not bathing at night.

I drank water evryday cos I find the longan red dates tea can't quench my thirst, esp after breastfeeding. Got my dh to secretly buy me bubble tea back when the rest of the family is asleep..

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I didn't play cheat because... I didn't have a confinement. Did what I wanted when I wanted to.

my aches now are probably due to lack of any real exercise (chasing kids around the house all day and typing on the computer isn't really exercise). I notice that if I go get a proper workout I feel lots better. Actually, cycling my kids to and from school is helping me quite a bit!

Vone

Cant lie down in bed alot of moving the moment im discharged from hospital coz hb and me got to take care of ds ourselves.

On the aircon as usual!! *MIL dont allow me to bathe and the weather is really killer* But 25oc for the sake of ds as well

I didnt wear socks anymore @_@

I did =p

they say must wear socks at night, but i didnt.. so my hus always nag when he sees me doin that.

i dont eat the pig liver, cos the taste is so BLEAK. so i always push them to my hus *secretly* & ordered him to finish them.

& i will secretly drink some cold water when my mum & the confinement r not looking....
cos the weather is too hot!

EforEileen

its hard not to cheat in a weather like sgp have!!

its hard to pass my confinement days when im so sticky and smelly al over myself... plus, i dislike breastfeeding and carrying my dd and ds(s) when im so dirty becos of cant bathing...

most of the confinement food i dont eat except the sesame oil chicken and fish.. My mil was not persisting of me goin thru the traditional confinement since she oso nv reali obey it when she was havin her own confinement. :tlaugh:

deardar

Was wondering if any one didn't do their confinement properly ?
Go out as per normal , didn't eat those confinement food ? Blow aircon & fan ? LOL !

haha
for my 2nd pregnant i play cheat
i bathe as usual cos i hate sticky & smelly feeling
i din rest that often alwaiz online

i sleep wif the fan on bt nt that close to mi lah
me & bb dun slp in air con rm
cos bb to young

tracyk

agree with eileen, the hot weather here is not making it easy to not on aircon / fan - haha.. but my MIL conducted spotchecks :shyxxx: no choice lor..

Porukadotzu

thou i'm still in my pregnancy , i pray tat i can tahan not bathing...:001_302: but i tink i will cheat alot of time later during confinement.. all tat thing tat i needed the most in life i can not have it... aircon, fan, water...haizz

jojo

Before I left hospital I had a bath.
1st wk no bathing. Then after bath everyday with herbs and tap water.
Do everything execpt cooking.
Put gloves sometimes when touch water.
Bath Baby myself without gloves.
Sometimes blow air con sometimes fan.

Now sometimes badaches but fon dare to tell hubby if not kana scolding.
Fall sick easily so try to take 1 orange daily. Vit C

tracyk

oh dear jojo.... poor you. how are ur backaches? i had them too during confinement. but i got better gradually when my MIL made me take this Huiji waist tonic. do remember to alternate between sitting/standing and lying down. gives ur back a break. hope ur backache improves!

angel_audrey

after 24 hrs from normal delivery, i took warm shower, drank colas, i didn't took any confinement remedy, or so-hehehe... for me, there is no medical relation, as long as you are well-rested, just regain your strength... old people will tell-don't do that, do this... if not, you'll have aching pains... of course, when u get old, you'll get some sort of pains...
all of us will experience pain, who doesn't anyway? hehehe... :shyxxx: does anybody didn't experience any pain? maybe they have powers LOL... :001_302:
just a comment-hehehe :Dancing_wub:

tracyk

Was wondering if any one didn't do their confinement properly ?
Go out as per normal , didn't eat those confinement food ? Blow aircon & fan ? LOL !
Avoid oily food and caffine. haha and you can play a little cheat by drinking some tonic to help your body recover like Huiji waist tonic. :shyxxx: