Please help! Mount Ave or kk hospital? :(

Priya Diva

Hi Priya,
Thanks for the information :tlaugh:, roughly any idea what is the price rate for consultation or scanning visit?
Hi Shajalia

The package price is $650 [ after 12 wks of preg]. Excluding some scans and DHA vitamins. You can go to the clinic and ask them all the details. They are very friendly and can explain all the details.

Mommies, can you please share what KKH included in their giveaways when you give birth there? :) so far, i heard Mt. A is the most generous one when it comes to giveaways for mommies

redjn

I had my delivery @ Mt. A which I strongly recommand. If you are looking for a gynae you might want to consider my. He is very good & well known too. His clinic is in Toa Payoh Centre. See attach for details.

Attachments

mummyyinz

I had my delivery @ Mt. A which I strongly recommand. If you are looking for a gynae you might want to consider my. He is very good & well known too. His clinic is in Toa Payoh Centre. See attach for details.

I have a very bad experience with him abt 10 yrs ago when I am only abt 18 ...
I'm glad u have a good exp :D

joelv1016

Hi All,

I am 28 weeks pregnant, i really need help from all exp mummy here.

When i know i am preg, i went to kk hospital for check-up as i do not have idea where to head to. So i just continue my regular check-up(with no appointed gyne yet), i just go to any doc that the system assign to me. The doc normally just see me for less than 5 min, and did not advise me much. (Like give me calcium tablets etc. or advise what i sld or sld not do.)

Now that i see so much bad comment on kk hospital, i am little afraid that i made the wrong decision. :(

Can anyone advise if i can switch to Mount Ave now? Or should i appoint gyne in kk hospital for my next check-up during December? What i should prepare? Kinda lost! :embarrassed:

Hi Dear,

actually to me i think is better to go Mt A rather than KK esp when you dun hav any app gyne.. and i had a friend too frustrated abt KK service, she said everytime she go she hav to wait for hours and yet the doc there only see her less than 5 mins.. And also there a time when my aunt was miscarriage and she already bleed lik hell , they make her waited for hours than the doc willing to see her and to me i feel that it shall be emergency case and not let the by jus gone lik this.. they seem lik dun wan to save the bby ..

and me myself actually went Thomson Medical Centre and my gynae was Dr Benjamin Tham, he was good and encouraging to natural birth..
He keep giving me support and believing in me that i able to go thru natural birth.. i was with him when i after 20 weeks as my previous gynae was at Mt E, reason tat i switch gynae is cos my 1st gynae doesnt do delivery anymore and Dr Benjamin Tham was he introduced to me..

Last edited:

maneo0302

I choose Mt. Alvenia because there's a big multi-storey carpark. Parkway East and Thomson Hospital have very limited parking space.
I also heard from alot of people that Mt. Alvenia is not as noisy as other hosp, and the nurses are patient and good. That's what I know.
:)
I choose Esther Ng from Mt. Alvenia as my gynea.

Moon kok

Haha..I think Esther Ng will be the one who help me for labour as my gynae will be away for a month start from Feb. How you find her?

I choose Mt. Alvenia because there's a big multi-storey carpark. Parkway East and Thomson Hospital have very limited parking space.
I also heard from alot of people that Mt. Alvenia is not as noisy as other hosp, and the nurses are patient and good. That's what I know.
:)
I choose Esther Ng from Mt. Alvenia as my gynea.

maneo0302

Haha..I think Esther Ng will be the one who help me for labour as my gynae will be away for a month start from Feb. How you find her?
Oh! Such a coincidence!
I personally find that Esther Ng is good. Motherly...patient...friendly... I do not regret choosing her in the first place. Are you opting for Natural or C-sect?

Moon kok

Really? Like that I have no worry anymore :) me choose to natural w/o Epi. What about u?

Oh! Such a coincidence!
I personally find that Esther Ng is good. Motherly...patient...friendly... I do not regret choosing her in the first place. Are you opting for Natural or C-sect?

maneo0302

Moon kok, you don't have to worry with Esther Ng. I even saw people giving her hampers during xmas. That shows that she's done a great job delivering babies. And whenever i reach her clinic, i have to wait for more than an hour. Even if i reach her clinic at 9am sharp (her opening hour), there is 2 couples in front of me.
I will be taking Epi C-sect. Heard that hubby can go into the op theatre with you if you deliver at Mt. A.

Moon kok

Icic..Great!! My gynae told me she is her personal friend too, ask me not to worry :) Yup, i heard Mt A do allow hubby to go in also. Haha..will your hubby go in with you? Cox I might labour alone :(

Moon kok, you don't have to worry with Esther Ng. I even saw people giving her hampers during xmas. That shows that she's done a great job delivering babies. And whenever i reach her clinic, i have to wait for more than an hour. Even if i reach her clinic at 9am sharp (her opening hour), there is 2 couples in front of me.
I will be taking Epi C-sect. Heard that hubby can go into the op theatre with you if you deliver at Mt. A.

maneo0302

Icic..Great!! My gynae told me she is her personal friend too, ask me not to worry :) Yup, i heard Mt A do allow hubby to go in also. Haha..will your hubby go in with you? Cox I might labour alone :(
I will definitely ask my hubby to go into the op theatre wif me if he can go in. So that i can hold or bite his arm for support. Haha! Cant be going thru the pain alone right?

Y do you labour alone?

Moon kok

Haha...then make sure you bite him hard. Dun think he can feel the pain also by the time, cox he will be as nervious as you.

I will definitely ask my hubby to go into the op theatre wif me if he can go in. So that i can hold or bite his arm for support. Haha! Cant be going thru the pain alone right?

Y do you labour alone?

mysteria

hi, may i know if Dr Esther Ng's packages are reasonable and affordable? THanks.

andieluv2

hi, i juz delivered in kkh via emergency c-sect. my total bill came up to abt 9k plus. o stayed a A1 ward under premium as i am a staff there. so i am seeing dr HY WEE in.peivate suite. he is bery nice and understanding. always bery assuring but sadly he's leaving for.private practice. as a.premium patient, i am attended by dr.whom are registras and above. no medical officers.even when inserting the iv cannulas or.epidural. guess that chock up the price too. i induced for 2 days.and.finally.went for.e-csect. kkh cover me.for.abt 7k.plus and i paid another 2k for.medisave.