Pls share ur baby cereal/porridge feeding time

lushtear

It is possible.

What paeds and nutritionists recommend is that if any family members have an allergy to a particular food, it is best to wait till your baby is above 1 yo before introducing that food item.

My hubby is allergic to quinoa so I'm only going to introduce it when Eva is above 1 yo.
Hmmmmm.. i'm actually feeding Haan with ebm and fm now.. and my fm (Similac) contains soy oil. She seems ok.. Does it mean she doesnt have soy allergy like me? For me, i cant even take soy bean milk.

Mummy to Baby V

Hmmmmm.. i'm actually feeding Haan with ebm and fm now.. and my fm (Similac) contains soy oil. She seems ok.. Does it mean she doesnt have soy allergy like me? For me, i cant even take soy bean milk.
I'm not sure if soy oil has the same effect as taking soy. When your baby is at least 1 year old, rub a bit if soy or tofu on her skin and see if any rashes appear. If all is fine after 1 day, then try feeding her a bit and check for any reaction. The skin test is suggested by my boy's paed.

woofy55

thanks mummies. my mil was very enthu about feeding him egg since he was 4 mth old (apparently adviced by some nurse in polyclinic... damn).. I held her back... and now he has just turned 6mth, she starts giving liao. Haiz.. really hard to stop old folks. But louis seems okay so far. So he shd be okay...

so for the 4days waiting period. do you give the same food for the next 4days, or just give 1day and wait 4days?

apollo

thanks mummies. my mother in law was very enthu about feeding him egg since he was 4 month old (apparently adviced by some nurse in polyclinic... damn).. I held her back... and now he has just turned 6mth, she starts giving . sigh.. really hard to stop old folks. But louis seems okay so far. So he should be okay...

so for the 4days waiting period. do you give the same food for the next 4days, or just give 1day and wait 4days?
the nurse advised? ehhhh......

my pd's nurse told me the earliest to start egg yolk is 8mths and egg white at 1yo. but i only start ds with yolk when he was 9mth+ aft she 'reminded' me it was time to start.. haha..

woofy55

Ya very weird rite? Anyway really hard to tell her things, very defensive type. But somehow she took care of Louis well... So I cannot say much.

Ytd I tried discussing with her to increase Louis cereal.. She immediately say she has increased to 2Teaspoon oredi with yolk. she asked me dun go and listen to others.. See my own son's cue. (then why she also listen abt the egg) And he slept from 1-4pm..giving her rest time so she very happy. Then I tried to ask her make adjustment to the timing.. Cos Louis is still waking up at 2.30am!!!!! I worked whole day go home gotta take care of him and also nite wee hrs. I only sleep 3-4hrs everyday that I wanna die oredi. So when she tell me she very happy he slept 3hrs very happy she can rest and do other things. Haiz.. I also wanna rest :(

Can suggest how to make timing adjustment? Or shd increase cereal qty? She told me Louis vomit out some milk during the next feed. So he has oredi reached his limit? I also tried giving him 1tbsp of cereal at 7pm feed plus his milk.. He went drowsy and slept at 7.30pm. But guess wat.. He wakes up at 8pm wide awake.. And wouldn't sleep till 9.30pm. :( we dreamfeed him at 11pm... Despite all the tanking up.. He still wakes up at 2.30pm just now!!! No matter how I made him sleep he kept wailing. I gave him wat he wants Cos fun wanna disturb hubby and now he zzz. :(

wat shd I do? Just accept the fact that he is waking up 2.30pm and 5.30pm. :( when he was younger,he can still go back to sleep and wake up at 5am for 1st feed.. Haiz .. Ok maybe growth spurt -- AGAIN. 6mths rite? Anyway to me he us like forever growth spurt :(

one more thing to add. Mil still think that fm will last him longer.. I just cannot convince her ITS THE SAME!!! Every time b4 go home she will tell me next feed time. And will add.. Thus round She gave him fm so will last longer......... I buay tahan and tell her it's more or less the same! She knows all! Hard to convince :(

Haiz .. Any s

ping26

apollo mummy

how much is Ash eating now?

My lil baby is still very small-sized, despite eating a lot. she's 13mth+

8.30ish 180ml
10 am brekkie - steamed potato/porridge/pancakes
12pm 180 ml
1 or 2 pm lunch - porridge/pasta/macaroni/rice w stuff
4 pm 180 ml
5-6 pm dinner - rice w stuff
7-8pm milk 180ml
10pm-6am 60-120 ml

total milk intake : 720-840 ml

She doesn't stick to feeding times cos she doesn't want to nap. Sometimes we try to give small amt of milk to make her nap.

she bites very well. a few days ago, I gave her a potato to play/learn. she took a bite of it -.-" lucky I washed it first

apollo

Ya very weird rite? Anyway really hard to tell her things, very defensive type. But somehow she took care of Louis well... So I cannot say much.

Ytd I tried discussing with her to increase Louis cereal.. She immediately say she has increased to 2Teaspoon oredi with yolk. she asked me dont go and listen to others.. See my own son's cue. (then why she also listen about the egg) And he slept from 1-4pm..giving her rest time so she very happy. Then I tried to ask her make adjustment to the timing.. Cos Louis is still waking up at 2.30am!!!!! I worked whole day go home gotta take care of him and also nite wee hours. I only sleep 3-4hrs everyday that I wanna die oredi. So when she tell me she very happy he slept 3hrs very happy she can rest and do other things. sigh.. I also wanna rest :(

if he cant slpthru at night den it's time to adjust his nap time. ds used to nap thrice until few weeks ago. his last nap used to be at 7pm!!!! but nw i took off the nap. so nw he will nap at 11-1pm and 3-5pm. 2 naps per day only..

Can suggest how to make timing adjustment? Or should increase cereal qty? She told me Louis vomit out some milk during the next feed. So he has oredi reached his limit? I also tried giving him 1tbsp of cereal at 7pm feed plus his milk.. He went drowsy and slept at 7.30pm. But guess what.. He wakes up at 8pm wide awake.. And wouldn't sleep till 9.30pm. :( we dreamfeed him at 11pm... Despite all the tanking up.. He still wakes up at 2.30pm just now!!! No matter how I made him sleep he kept wailing. I gave him what he wants Cos fun wanna disturb hubby and now he zzz. :(

he is still taking 1tbsn cereal? think u shd increase alrdy. i used to increase 1 tbsn by 1 tbsn. usually increase every 3-5 days until his intake reach ard 6tbsn which i think is enough for him

what should I do? Just accept the fact that he is waking up 2.30pm and 5.30pm. :( when he was younger,he can still go back to sleep and wake up at 5am for 1st feed.. sigh .. Ok maybe growth spurt -- AGAIN. 6mths rite? Anyway to me he us like forever growth spurt :(

usually growth spurt is only during the 1st yr, dun wry. since u mention it could be he taking too much nap in e day, den correct it, gif him a routine =)

one more thing to add. mother in law still think that fm will last him longer.. I just cannot convince her ITS THE SAME!!! Every time before go home she will tell me next feed time. And will add.. Thus round She gave him fm so will last longer......... I buay tahan and tell her it's more or less the same! She knows all! Hard to convince :(

sigh .. Any s
my reply is in red. HTH =)

apollo

apollo mummy

how much is Ash eating now?

My lil baby is still very small-sized, despite eating a lot. she's 13mth+

8.30ish 180ml
10 am brekkie - steamed potato/porridge/pancakes
12pm 180 ml
1 or 2 pm lunch - porridge/pasta/macaroni/rice w stuff
4 pm 180 ml
5-6 pm dinner - rice w stuff
7-8pm milk 180ml
10pm-6am 60-120 ml

total milk intake : 720-840 ml

She doesn't stick to feeding times cos she doesn't want to nap. Sometimes we try to give small amt of milk to make her nap.

she bites very well. a few days ago, I gave her a potato to play/learn. she took a bite of it -.-" lucky I washed it first
sry ping, i just saw ur post!

wow ur girl still drinks lotsa milk lehh! currenlty ash is taking 3 meals solid food, he dun reeally eat much though.

for brekkie, either cereal, bread or pancake. but he eat bread until sian alrdy so nw he will 'request' for cereal n pancake.

lunch usually is porridge or mee sua, i will alternate. he prefers meesua, he can finish the portion i gif him. and 1 hr aft lunch i will gif himmilk if not he will grumble ard..

dinner usually is rice. for rice i only gif him abt 4-5tablespoon + some dishes lik fried egg (fry w/o oil), and soup (with potato/vege/chk/fish) etc... for rice, usually he will left 1/3 for me to throw away.. -.-"""

7am - 180ml
10am - brekkie
1.30pm - lunchie
2.30pm - 180ml
6.30/7pm - dinner
9.30pm - 240ml

actu he can drink more than 180ml but if he drinks more, he will eat even lesser solid food, thus we cut down to 180ml. =)

ping26

sry ping, i just saw your post!

wow your girl still drinks lotsa milk lehh! currenlty ash is taking 3 meals solid food, he dont reeally eat much though.

for brekkie, either cereal, bread or pancake. but he eat bread until sian alrdy so now he will 'request' for cereal n pancake.
yah, Christine's height is bottom 20 but she eats & drinks like a sumo baby. She can polish off 4-6 oz of rice for dinner. Her milk appetite hasn't decreased at all.

At one point, she also pui-pui porridge. So now, I have to surf net for baby recipes regularly to update her menu. She's also quite picky, doesn't like most fruit & juices, some cheese & other angmo stuff like tomato-based pasta. And she will only eat egg sushi from high-end restaurant:err:.

apollo

yah, Christine's height is bottom 20 but she eats & drinks like a sumo baby. She can polish off 4-6 oz of rice for dinner. Her milk appetite hasn't decreased at all.

At one point, she also pui-pui porridge. So now, I have to surf net for baby recipes regularly to update her menu. She's also quite picky, doesn't like most fruit & juices, some cheese & other angmo stuff like tomato-based pasta. And she will only eat egg sushi from high-end restaurant:err:.
ash also quite picky. if his meal consist egg, he will slurp up the meal very fast, if not he eats v slow. haha...

4-6oz of rice is alot lehh, if ash have rice, i think he only eats abt 3-4 tablespoon, if porridge, he can eat from 6tablespoon to 12tablespoondepends on his mood. i think mayb rice is more fulling

ur girl v good at choosing food!!! so clever! haha! :tlaugh:

ping26

btw ping, mind sharing which web you goes to for baby recipe?? TIA! :001_302:
I used to refer to these webby
Weaning Baby and Toddler Food Recipes: Feeding Journal
Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby healthy homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!

I don't keep to the four-day rule strictly now. I don't give oily stuff & commercial bread as I'm slightly gluten intolerant. I use tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil if light frying is reqd. Hope I can get a cheap bread-making machine this GSS. I love baguette :)

I often refer to adult recipes such as The Chinese Soup Lady & Chinese Soup Recipes

Sometimes I search for recipes such as potato soup, etc. I omit/replace some ingredients (seafood & certain spices) or cooking methods. eg recently we made hash browns. We baked it in toaster oven instead of frying. YUMMY. Sometimes, I added some shredded pumpkin. Also baked some fruit & chicken in toaster oven. Will find recipe if u like it.

My fussy pot only likes tomato cooked in certain manner. rejected my homemade tomato pasta sauce :(

apollo

I used to refer to these webby
Weaning Baby and Toddler Food Recipes: Feeding Journal
Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby healthy homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!

I dont't keep to the four-day rule strictly now. I dont't give oily stuff & commercial bread as I'm slightly gluten intolerant. I use tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil if light frying is reqd. Hope I can get a cheap bread-making machine this GSS. I love baguette :)

I often refer to adult recipes such as The Chinese Soup Lady & Chinese Soup Recipes

Sometimes I search for recipes such as potato soup, etc. I omit/replace some ingredients (seafood & certain spices) or cooking methods. eg recently we made hash browns. We baked it in toaster oven instead of frying. YUMMY. Sometimes, I added some shredded pumpkin. Also baked some fruit & chicken in toaster oven. Will find recipe if you like it.

My fussy pot only likes tomato cooked in certain manner. rejected my homemade tomato pasta sauce :(
thks for sharing he websites!!!

:001_302:

zputriz

hi all

since the thread v long lazy to read.. just need some comments abt my gal who's on solids now, she's 6m plus and this is like a rough food journal of hers:

-weaned at abt 4m plus, on commercial cereal once a day until 5m

-at 5m she's eating 2x cereal (abt 2-3 tablespoons) at noon n dinner ard 6-6.30pm with abt 1-2tblespoons of puree

- now at 6m, cos she wakes up late, her mornings will be milk only at 120ml max, cereal at 1pm around 5tblespoons w puree (1-2tablespoons), aftnn snack of 1 baby biscuit/ baby milk ball biscuit/half a bread, 1 milk feed at 100-120ml and naps. wakeup eat half a bowl of porridge w puree at 6.30-7pm, milk n snack (almost the same as abv) and milk all the way from 10pm to nxt morning.

do u all think this is gd enough? i wonder what else i can feed her, she's quite a gd eater, but im out of ideas to feed her.. her brother used to b a small eater and dun eat much unlike her.. so now that she's bigger and has a healthy appetite, i want to feed her more n give her gd alternatives so she doesnt get bored..

any mummies can share porridge recipes/ simple snack recipes/ MEE SUAH recipes? im keen to cook mee suah, but dunno le.. we malay mummies dun use this noodle at all.. haha so really have n no clue..

btw, my girl is 7kg plus at 6m old.. ok or not ah? but thkfully, she's bigger than her bro at 6m last time :) do help me or u may email me if u have links to recipes whether local or western dishes thks soooo much!!

Stan

My baby drinks abt 750 to 850ml (seems like considered a lot)... but still nv gain much weight ah...maybe 1 mth like 200g... :001_302:

She is abt 8.5mth. Her mealtimes:
5am - Milk: 150-180ml
830am - Milk: 180ml
12pm - Lunch: porridge (ard 6tbs)
330pm - Milk: 180ml
530pm - Fruit puree
7pm - Milk: 180ml
11pm - Milk: 150ml to 180ml

Should i start her on dinner? at 7pm and drop the 7pm milk once she can eat 6-7 tbs?

Mummy to Baby V

My baby drinks about 750 to 850ml (seems like considered a lot)... but still never gain much weight ...maybe 1 month like 200g... :001_302:

She is about 8.5mth. Her mealtimes:
5am - Milk: 150-180ml
830am - Milk: 180ml
12pm - Lunch: porridge (around 6tbs)
330pm - Milk: 180ml
530pm - Fruit puree
7pm - Milk: 180ml
11pm - Milk: 150ml to 180ml

Should i start her on dinner? at 7pm and drop the 7pm milk once she can eat 6-7 tbs?
- After one month on lunch, you may start baby on dinner.
- A good time for dinner is 6-7p.m., at least 2 hours before falling asleep at night.
- Offer food that have passed allergy test for dinner (i.e. new food during lunch only)
- Up to 12 months old, semi-solids is to supplement (not replace) milk feeds, so don't drop milk feeds yet.
- After 6 months old when baby becomes more active (crawling, cruising, walking, etc.), the weight gain slows down, so it is very normal.

Happy feeding! :)

Stan

- After one month on lunch, you may start baby on dinner.
- A good time for dinner is 6-7p.m., at least 2 hours before falling asleep at night.
- Offer food that have passed allergy test for dinner (i.e. new food during lunch only)
- Up to 12 months old, semi-solids is to supplement (not replace) milk feeds, so dont't drop milk feeds yet.
- After 6 months old when baby becomes more active (crawling, cruising, walking, etc.), the weight gain slows down, so it is very normal.

Happy feeding! :)
she has been on lunch for 2 mths plus..
So if i feed her dinner at 6pm... how much milk she i give?
My DD is crawling and trying to climb everywhere... she sweats a lot, maybe burning all the calories? wIsh i was the one not gaining weight! :err:

Mummy to Baby V

she has been on lunch for 2 mths plus..
So if i feed her dinner at 6pm... how much milk she i give?
My dear daughter is crawling and trying to climb everywhere... she sweats a lot, maybe burning all the calories? wIsh i was the one not gaining weight! :err:
I would update 5.30pm fruit puree to 6pm dinner. How much fruit puree is she taking? E.g. 3 tablespoons: replace with 1 tablespoon cereal / porridge, 2 tablespoons fruit & vege. Gradually increase every 3-4 days until 6-9 tablespoons, which is considered one meal.

Continue the next milk feed at the same timing and amount. If she can finish it as usual, you'd know her appetite has increased. If she can't finish, then increase the dinner intake more gradually.

Haha... chase after her all day long and it'd be hard to gain weight too. My active boy is making me lose too much weight!

Stan

I would update 5.30pm fruit puree to 6pm dinner. How much fruit puree is she taking? E.g. 3 tablespoons: replace with 1 tablespoon cereal / porridge, 2 tablespoons fruit & vege. Gradually increase every 3-4 days until 6-9 tablespoons, which is considered one meal.

Continue the next milk feed at the same timing and amount. If she can finish it as usual, you'd know her appetite has increased. If she can't finish, then increase the dinner intake more gradually.

Haha... chase after her all day long and it'd be hard to gain weight too. My active boy is making me lose too much weight!
Thanks Mummy to Baby Very.
I will try this out...
I chase after her, i also eat her leftovers since i am bad at estimating the amount i cook... sooo....cham liao........:eek:

paull

Hi all, can i check with all the mummies here when can i drop a milk feed and replace it with a meal? My dd is 6mths old..below is her schedule, she just started her solid (brown rice cereal) for 2 days..

7.30am : 180ml FM
11.30am : 180ml FM
12.30pm : 1tbls cereal (as just started)
3.30pm : 180ml FM
7.30pm : 180ml FM
11.30pm : 180ml FM

I would continue to feed her the cereal for 2 more days and will intro cereal + carrot to her..is it advisable to drop a milk feed and replace with solids b4 she's a yr old?

how to intro more quantity of solid? should i give her less milk on her 11.30am feed?