Plus-sized maternity wear(inner & outer).... need help!!

cui_er

Hi, I just found out I'm pregnant and am now worrying where to get clothes to fit me. I'm severely overweight even before the pregnancy and have a hard time buying stuff to wear so I can't imagine where am I going to find clothes that fit when my boobs and waist enlarge even more. Any places to recommend please? And not too expensive places. Thanks!

MizfitMumma

Hi, I just found out I'm pregnant and am now worrying where to get clothes to fit me. I'm severely overweight even before the pregnancy and have a hard time buying stuff to wear so I can't imagine where am I going to find clothes that fit when my boobs and waist enlarge even more. Any places to recommend please? And not too expensive places. Thanks!
Do you mind me asking what size are you?? I'm a pluz size too. I got my tops from Mums R us at Novena, United Sq. For nursing bra, have to get em at Marks & Spencer or online (not spore definitely, us or uk - quite X) Very hard to get bras elsewhere. heheh..

cui_er

Hmmm... very big leh. Size 18 for those us brands and local york boutique size 4. I've tried searching online for weeks liao but haven't seen any website selling clothes that I can fit in. :(

Even disposable panties i also cracking my head where am i going to get them from.

yakii

Hmmm... very big leh. Size 18 for those us brands and local york boutique size 4. I've tried searching online for weeks liao but haven't seen any website selling clothes that I can fit in. :(

Even disposable panties i also cracking my head where am i going to get them from.
you can try spring materinity at Suntec level 3. I got a few tops and bottom and a few dresses there. I am wearing size 16-18

llcyahoo

I am plus size also, old maternity wear can't get in liao....
Now looking for not too expensive maternity wear as I am a SAHM.

cui_er

I think it's really very difficult to find cheap plus-sized maternity clothes. So far, I managed to buy some 2nd hand from a friend but I still need to find more tops. And 1-2 sets of nightshirts/pjs for the hospital stay. Till now, no luck. I did think of going to the normal boutique where i get my clothes and buy bigger sizes if I still can't manage to find any by then. Have you tried York boutique? Their clothes aren't the cheapest but still is much cheaper than those wellknown brands like dorothy perkins, mark & spencers etc. An average top would cost about $30+ there. I have 10% discount cos I'm a member, if u staying near me, we can go together 1 day, haha.

llcyahoo

stay in sengkang but now i'm 7wks preg, v sick to walk ard. Thinking of buying top and bottom rather then 1 pc dress and some bra also. but maybe later stage when my vomit n giddy get better.

cui_er

So far I got a few pants that I bought from a friend but I haven't started wearing yet cos those are really maternity pants type with the stretchcloth tummy band and I haven't really started showing. Now still wearing my normal pants which I bought from York boutique. I'm wearing 3xl for now but they carry even larger sizes up to 6xl, perhaps you can try there? But those are normal pants, not maternity la.

I went to kiddy palace the other day just to looksee and I'm not sure what's your size, but for me, sure cannot get anything there. Everything's so SMALL!!! And not cheap either.

i heard there's this shop selling maternity clothes that's quite cheap in Beauty World(bt. timah) but i've no idea what kind of sizes they carry. Also heard that song & song have very cheap and large sized clothes but never got a chance to see any outlet yet so far.

Have you managed to get anything yet? How many weeks along are u now? Do you have msn? Maybe can pm me and we can chat online easier, haha.

llcyahoo

I am abt 7 wks now, v sick lor. Vomit whole day so unable to go out to
get anything yet. DH get 2 pants for me in mothercare tat day size 14,
ok now still loose. Kiddypalace sure cannot, their top maybe can wear now
but dun think can tahan till birth. Doc given some pill to insert so tat can stop the vomit and eat something, but i still can't walk too long. I'm thinking to get some bra also, front not big but now abit tight liao. I hv msn but normally i will be rest in bed or doing hsework so might not see the msg.
Where r u staying?

cui_er

I stay in sembawang, very far from u, lol. If you're size 14, think might still be able to get maternity wear from most places leh. Size 14 is about an XL or if the cut is small XXL at most. Even metro will be able to get tops and pants as they carry up to sizes 18. Perhaps you can try there when you feel better? But actually if you don't work, just buy a few pieces to mix and match can liao, cos normally maternity clothes is just wear for this 1 period of time only de.

I myself hoping to just survive on those few pants I got from my friend throughout entire pregnancy if I don't outgrow them towards the end. As for tops, will just wear my looser-fit tops until if really look disgusting in them already then get 2 or 3 tops to change about for work.

maemae

Hi, I'm selling my own maternity wear. Let me know if interested, can send pictures to u. Self collection at SengKang.

Thanks, May.

JacquiLau

Hi ladies!

Just thought to share this... I went to Marina Sq Dorothy Perkin yesterday and saw that they carries some maternity wear. I also saw they have some maternity wear at the sales section, perhaps you might want to have a look there? If it's on sales the price might be more reasonable? :001_302:

shm.tan

Hi all, FYI. I went to check out maternity wear at Marina Square dorothy Perkin, they have transffered maternity wear to Great World City. :)

angelwendy

So far I got a few pants that I bought from a friend but I have not't started wearing yet cos those are really maternity pants type with the stretchcloth tummy band and I have not't really started showing. Now still wearing my normal pants which I bought from York boutique. I'm wearing 3xl for now but they carry even larger sizes up to 6xl, perhaps you can try there? But those are normal pants, not maternity .

I went to kiddy palace the other day just to looksee and I'm not sure what's your size, but for me, sure cannot get anything there. Everything's so SMALL!!! And not cheap either.

i heard there's this shop selling maternity clothes that's quite cheap in Beauty World(bt. timah) but i've no idea what kind of sizes they carry. Also heard that song & song have very cheap and large sized clothes but never got a chance to see any outlet yet so far.

Have you managed to get anything yet? How many weeks along are you now? Do you have msn? Maybe can pm me and we can chat online easier, haha.

I think i saw song & song @ toa payoh central... one of the shop house there..

v_ni

ladies, i'm also a big sized mama.....i'm not worried about clothes when i'm preggie, i don't mind wearing tighter tshirts and show off my belly. now that i'm 31 weeks, i'm getting worried what i will wear after giving birth!!

i started to look out for clothes that will hide my flabs after bb arrives ......will probably buy some maternity shirts from oldnavy, but so far i've only bought 1 cotton shirt. i need more variety!!

plus something to wear for chinese new year! cos i'm due in jan 2010, and after confinement is CNY!

rains

v_ni : ^5.. i'm in week 23 and i'm also wearing usual t shirts sometimes.. but still nobody gives up seat to me in MRT leh :D

ive bought some from gap and old navy too, and some dresses from OB which i have yet to wear... clueless abt my CNY wardrobe :p

cui_er

Have a batch of plus-sized maternity wear that i managed to buy to sell off. Very good material and beautiful designs, PM me if interested and I'll send photos. Mostly from european brands + mothercare. :)