Pneumococcal Jab

jaynshar

i just brought my son for the jab yest..cos he is above 2yrs old..therefore only need one jab for it...so total plus gst...i pay $182...
Think will be safer to let him hv the jab b4 he start his nursery class next yr...

Joylucas

I thot only 3 jabs required (one in first and ard 4th mth) and the booster after he turns 1, no?
If i remember correctly, think my PD recommended schedule of ds is 3mth , 5mth, 9mths & booster after 1. So far i know is that my ds already had 2 jabs.

mamemo

Let my DS have the jab when he was about 2 years and 3 months old, just before he enters childcare. Only need 1 jab.

My hub and I were of opinion to give him all vaccinations like rotavirus, chickenpox and pneumo jab before he goes school. Before that his risk is low since my mother takes care of him, hence we delayed these 3 vaccinations.

summer

My son took this when he's 7mths old...nid 3jabs to finish the course. the jab is painful..hb didnt want him to risk since we bringing him everywhere... so decided to do after 7mths so lesser jab...

justmint

after 7mths is lesser??
But to my GP, she also give him when hes 7mths onwards...3jabs before hes 1yrs old..& 1 more after hes 1...total 4jabs...

He just had his first..it cost me $170!
She said 1st jab is painful...so I hope the rest of them aren't as bad as the first.

We decide to let him have all becos we keep dogs, my mom who takes care of him has a cat & a dog too. Plus we go out with him very often...it's to be safe than sorry.

My son took this when he's 7mths old...nid 3jabs to finish the course. the jab is painful..hb didnt want him to risk since we bringing him everywhere... so decided to do after 7mths so lesser jab...

justmint

didn't know it can be taken so early...GP told us to give after hes 7mths old..she feels he had taken too many jabs (6-in-1)...so delay the this jab...

If i remember correctly, think my PD recommended schedule of ds is 3mth , 5mth, 9mths & booster after 1. So far i know is that my ds already had 2 jabs.

daberdew

Loves , I'd advise try to give when your Ds is older . At least 1 year old . At such a young age , they need take more than 2 jabs . Which is veri uncomfortable for them , not to mention that pneumococcal jabs are not cheap . Im going to give my Ds when he's 1 year old .

How much are the jabs btw???

pokemon97

i brought my child for the jab when he is 3 yrs old, cost abt $165 at Healthway clinic and i use baby bonus to pay. Lukily i brought him to the jab cos after attending the nursery, he always have cough and flu.

CanCanMum

i think newborns now are given this jab straightaway....like Hep B. But more dosage as compared to 3 yo.

i din tat time and no one told me...i only took the optional meningitis.

CanCanMum

6 in 1 jab consists of :

diphteria, tetanus, whooping cough, haemophilus B, polio and hepatitis B

for me last time Hep B is a separate jab. So i gave my boy 5 in 1 + Hep B + Chicken Pox + Meningitis. But i din bring him for Pneumococcal Jab.

I think 6 in 1 is offered becoz its all combined and saves the hassle of taking so many jabs.

LoVeS

6 in 1 jab consists of :

diphteria, tetanus, whooping cough, haemophilus B, polio and hepatitis B

for me last time Hep B is a separate jab. So i gave my boy 5 in 1 + Hep B + Chicken Pox + Meningitis. But i din bring him for Pneumococcal Jab.

I think 6 in 1 is offered becoz its all combined and saves the hassle of taking so many jabs.
Sumore it got 1 jab lesser than 5 in 1 would b gd for parents so tat lesser pain for the bb~