Polyclinic vs PD vs A&E - cost

Peter1234

Recently my 7 months baby is sick (runny nose, wet cough for past 1week+). Went to polyclinic and the doctor there did not prescribe any medication, watch first. Cost me ($6.80).

Then she not getting better, went for PD at bishan "The children's medical centre" over weekend. Prescribed "Salbutamol for cough, sterimar nasal spray to clean the nose, zyrtec for running nose / cough", costed $123

Cough and flu not getting better, now comes with fever. Go to PD - "Baby Bear Children's clinic", more medications prescribed, "Nystatin, klacid, B12-Lysine, Probiotic and in addition to the above medications", costed $210, and now become HFMD because noted 2 nodules over limbs and some in the mouth.

Obviously doctor from polyclinic is too scare to intervene as they often see adults, even the PD from polyclinic "watch and see", i believe they have protocol to prevent them from prescribing too much. PD is good and detail but so expensive, is it better to go A&E KKH, at a one time cost of $131, everything included?