Porridge for baby

Carol

Hi mummies !
Im going to start cooking porridge for Ds soon . Other than spinach , what else can I add ? He's turning 6 months .
Thanks in advance .

maine78

I add lean meat n dried scallops to flavour the porriage. I also add fish, potato n carrot coz easy to mash n blend together with the porriage. Next week i'll try add pumpkin n veg

Carol

I add lean meat n dried scallops to flavour the porriage. I also add fish, potato n carrot coz easy to mash n blend together with the porriage. Next week i'll try add pumpkin n veg
6 months can add dried scallops alrdy ?

maine78

6 months can add dried scallops alrdy ?
my dh say can coz he bought it from his friend who also use it to flavour the porriage for his bb. It's used for making porriage. The porriage is really sweet after putting it n ds loved it. But still have to use the 4day rule to see if bb is allergic to it. I give porriage once or twice a week when he's 6mths+. Attached a pic of wat it looks like :001_302:

Attachments

elaine01

plenty.............potato, sweet potato, wolfberry, dried scallops, egg, diced tofu, pumpkin, fish, broccoli, spinach, etc...........

Mum2Matty

frankly speaking, i will not add dried scallop because firstly it belongs to the seafood range of food, and secondly it's salty.

I'll prefer to use fresh silver fish to cook porridge instead, not those dried ones.

CynCyn

So far I only give spinach , potato , carrot , meat and fish .

I saw other ppl also giving salmon .

Mum2Matty

salmon can give. but i do not start with salmon when i first introduce fish. it's better to start with threadfin, silverfish or cod fish.

Carol

my dh say can coz he bought it from his friend who also use it to flavour the porriage for his bb. It's used for making porriage. The porriage is really sweet after putting it n ds loved it. But still have to use the 4day rule to see if bb is allergic to it. I give porriage once or twice a week when he's 6mths+. Attached a pic of wat it looks like :001_302:
I just went to buy dried scallops just now . But I bought the bigger ones . Same ?
Four days rule meaning these four days either give the porridge he has eaten or other food that he had eaten before right ?

LoVeS

wat kind of fish? All type of fish aso can mah? cyn ur ds how old start solid ah? How many meals initally?

LoVeS

salmon can give. but i do not start with salmon when i first introduce fish. it's better to start with threadfin, silverfish or cod fish.
cod fish can take for 4mth+ old mah? Cod fish chinese call wat ah? Any mummies haf any idea wat is it call in chinese coz i duno how to translate to my mil :shyxxx:

msblur

Hi Loves,
Cod fish in chinese is called 'Xue Yu'. For me i dun use cod fish, coz' cod will tend to hav a very fishy smell if nt cooked properly. N this may cause ur kid to reject the porridge. Last time i used sweet potatoes, potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, liver, lean meat or fish to cook my gal's porridge. For flavour wise, i dun put salt, i used dried scallops. B4 u cook the porridge, put the dried scallop in a bowl of hot water, leave it for a few mins. When u wana cook dat time,take out the scallops, but do nt throw away the water. Use it to cook ur porridge too. It will make the porridge more tasty. :tlaugh:

LoVeS

Hi Loves,
Cod fish in chinese is called 'Xue Yu'. For me i dun use cod fish, coz' cod will tend to hav a very fishy smell if nt cooked properly. N this may cause ur kid to reject the porridge. Last time i used sweet potatoes, potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, liver, lean meat or fish to cook my gal's porridge. For flavour wise, i dun put salt, i used dried scallops. B4 u cook the porridge, put the dried scallop in a bowl of hot water, leave it for a few mins. When u wana cook dat time,take out the scallops, but do nt throw away the water. Use it to cook ur porridge too. It will make the porridge more tasty. :tlaugh:
ohh xue yu ah okok tks alto. 4.5mths old can take liver meh?

msblur

Liver is one of the ingredient u can put in ur son's porridge when he's older loh. Maybe frm 6 mths onwards lah. As for nw, can use sweet potato, potato, carrots or pumpkin 1st. Beta to use fish too, coz' fish is gd for kids. Gd for the eyes. :err:

Agnes Josephine

Viki, maybe can check with your PD whether you can start Cass on solid food... It's actually best to give solids when babies reached 6 months old as they digestive system are better...

I will only start my ds when he reach 6 months in 7 days' time..