Potty training

annie

can mummies share

1. at wat age u start potty training your kid and
2. by what age are they totally potty train (except night time)? and
3. what methods do u all use?

im thinking of trying to potty train my girl who is 21mths old now... TIA! :001_302:

Ting

pin started day time toilet training arnd 2.5yo. intending to only night train her when she hv dry diapers at night. :) maybe wait for another 1 yr or so.

camom

For my 1st kid, I started early. She toilet trained very fast too. At abt 24 mths old, she was day trained. 1 week later, she was night trained as well.

For my younger boy, I have not started yet any toilet training. But he is keeping his diapers pretty dry in the morning so I'll probably start day training soon.

stonston

Tried potty training at 19-20months. Failed. He was not ready.
But he would tell us when he wanted to poop. He nvr liked to poop in his diapers.

Wait a while then tried again :) Success :)
Now he's totally off diapers already. We tried putting diapers for him at night (in case), he refused. So we just reminded him that he gotta wake us up if he wants to pee and so far so good :)

No harm trying now, then if not successful, wait out a bit and try again. As long as she can communicate to you that she wants to pee, it's not a prob.

kels2girls

1. 23 mths
2. 24 mths (including nights. she was waking up to get milk so if I was up anyway I'd put her on the potty. worked well for us.)
3. Naked from the waste down.

trine

i just started potty training with my 9.5 m.o. boy today... and he cried. is it too early?? :embarrassed:

apollo

i just started potty training with my 9.5 m.o. boy today... and he cried. is it too early?? :embarrassed:
9.5mths? too early lahhh! 9.5 mths is too early to understand! ds is 14mth and i haven even tot of starting potty training him.. might wait till he is 18mths or even 2yo b4 i try. =)

trine

9.5mths? too early lahhh! 9.5 mths is too early to understand! dear son is 14mth and i have not even thought of starting potty training him.. might wait till he is 18mths or even 2yo before i try. =)
haha.. am only trying my luck.. but i read somewhere that we should start potty training as early as 10 months! some babies are potty trained by 18 months. *cross fingers it's no magic, my baby can do it by then. so well, nothing to lose, i'm just having fun trying his new potty seat hahaha..

stonston

Starting from young is to let them get used to the potty. We tried for my boy but he kept thinking it was a TOY. So we tried the toilet bowl. He stopped pooping in his diapers since 18mths old.

Till today, he still loves the toilet bowl. Refuses to go near a potty.

trine

my baby poop-ed in the toilet 2 days ago!! :Dancing_wub:i'm so happy hahaha... i'm gonna bring him to bathroom more often now ^__^

annie

my girl will tell me she poop AFTER the act.. or many times she tell me she wanna poo poo so i put her to potty but she can sit there very long n do nothing.. i bought some washable training pants for her n let her wear that in day time after she has done pooping in the hope that she can feel her pants being wet so that she can tell me she has already peed or needs to pee BUT she seems totally ok with wet pants! maybe its still too early for her...:nah:

paperger85

I am trying to potty train my 9 months old baby. Just started a week ago and she pees into the potty whenever we put her on it and she pooed it in once but I played cheat coz I put her on the potty only when I know she is pooping already.

Mummy to Baby V

I am trying to potty train my 9 months old baby. Just started a week ago and she pees into the potty whenever we put her on it and she pooed it in once but I played cheat coz I put her on the potty only when I know she is pooping already.
That's wonderful progress! After many times of poo-ing in potty, your baby will realize that's the place to do big business. All the best. :)