Pregnant, jobless & depressed

crescent

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi all,

I have been feeling very down tis week... had beed crying almost everyday since tues...

I was retrenched in Feb after my ex-company founds out that i'm pregnant, but i'm not able to get any compensation/maternity pay due to i was 1 week short from my 3mth. Till now i have been looking out for a job...

I got an offer on tue and was goin to sign the letter, but after make known to them that i am pregnant & going to due in aug, they rejected me.

I'm very stressed & depressed now due to being jobless and financial wise is very hard.. i got alots of bills to pay as well as those delivery charges etc.... I have been borrowing money from my sister very month since mar to cover some of the bills... but i feel so bad cos she oso got her own family to support... and my hubby take home pay is not alot... less then 3k...

Somemore my due date is getting very near, both my & hubby are very stressed.... I have nv seen my hubby break down b4... i was very scare and sad when he did a few days ago....
[/FONT]

apollo

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Hi all, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I have been feeling very down tis week... had beed crying almost everyday since tues... [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I was retrenched in Feb after my ex-company founds out that i'm pregnant, but i'm not able to get any compensation/maternity pay due to i was 1 week short from my 3mth. Till now i have been looking out for a job... [/FONT]

hw can ur ex coy treat u this way? is it possible for u to go to MOM to ask abt this? though u're 1 week short to ur 3mth probation, but obviously they did tt purposely!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I got an offer on tue and was goin to sign the letter, but after make known to them that i am pregnant & going to due in aug, they rejected me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I'm very stressed & depressed now due to being jobless and financial wise is very hard.. i got alots of bills to pay as well as those delivery charges etc.... I have been borrowing money from my sister very month since mar to cover some of the bills... but i feel so bad cos she also got her own family to support... and my hubby take home pay is not alot... less then 3k... [/FONT]

babe, my hubby also dun earn alot. actu it depends on ur family expenses try to cut down unnecessary ones. aft ur baby is slightly older, mayb u can consider sending him to infant care while u go to wk? =)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Somemore my due date is getting very near, both my & hubby are very stressed.... I have never seen my hubby break down before... i was very scare and sad when he did a few days ago....[/FONT]
my reply are in red above..

i feel that now most impt is not to stress urself. u noe if u think too much, keep crying, will affect ur bb's too. he can feel it. not good for both u and bb..

cheer up and enoy ur last few mths of pregnancy k? =)

Domique

Dear Crescent,

hang on there. U are already 30 wkd pregnant and it's important for you to stay positive.
I was also not working from the day I found out I was preggie. I left due to the heavy commitment from my work. From then no more buying things for me and we both try our best to save every cent. My
hubby also not earning much.
When I was in my last trimester I was quite negative too.
But I always believe "ship reach habour sure become straight" Chinese idioms.
Do u happen to have any insurance, such as life insurance or endownment that you can get $$ buy cancelling or loan?
U may also get some passdown items for your coming baby in this forum. There are many kind mummy whom are more than willing to pass down some items to you. This will save a lot too.

I have been feeling very down tis week... had beed crying almost everyday since tues...

I was retrenched in Feb after my ex-company founds out that i'm pregnant, but i'm not able to get any compensation/maternity pay due to i was 1 week short from my 3mth. Till now i have been looking out for a job...

I got an offer on tue and was goin to sign the letter, but after make known to them that i am pregnant & going to due in aug, they rejected me.

I'm very stressed & depressed now due to being jobless and financial wise is very hard.. i got alots of bills to pay as well as those delivery charges etc.... I have been borrowing money from my sister very month since mar to cover some of the bills... but i feel so bad cos she also got her own family to support... and my hubby take home pay is not alot... less then 3k...

Somemore my due date is getting very near, both my & hubby are very stressed.... I have never seen my hubby break down before... i was very scare and sad when he did a few days ago....
[/FONT]

Ting

actually, i dun see why u all cant survive with an almost 3K take home pay?
if u dun spend unneccessarily, n save on scrimp, im sure u can live a comfortable life.
do some proper planning n limit yourself to certain amt to spend, no problem one.
alternatively, u can try to take up a part time job.

angelwendy

Actually when i'm about 7 month preggy due to some reason... then i also very depress... but gal don't get too depress.. everything will be ok... my hubby also bring home about 2k plus after CPF... but we just save lor.. no choice... buy cheap clothes for ur baby... cause newborn no need so ex clothes... & also just don't go shopping for a while... just hang on.. things will sure work out...

Now u r already about 30 weeks plus... so u must stay relax... stress is not good for u & ur baby... ur baby will feel the stress too...

CanCanMum

I'm very stressed & depressed now due to being jobless and financial wise is very hard.. i got alots of bills to pay as well as those delivery charges etc.... I have been borrowing money from my sister very month since mar to cover some of the bills... but i feel so bad cos she also got her own family to support... and my hubby take home pay is not alot... less then 3k...

Somemore my due date is getting very near, both my & hubby are very stressed.... I have never seen my hubby break down before... i was very scare and sad when he did a few days ago....
[/FONT]
*hUgs*

before i comment i guess perhaps u had lotsa monetary commitments on hand, with this sudden news it becomes overbearing on your financial planning............

coz personally if i had about almost 3k take home pay, i can do with lotsa necessary items. Coz this amount is pretty comfy for an average spending family.

now that u r nearer to due date, the last thing u wanna do is to sink into depresssion. Somemore u gonna be preparing yourself to be taking care of a newborn soon, which can be very draining on your energy..........

sO try and calm down, have a talk with hubby, take out items that can be saved, items that can defer loan or any options available, while u do some planning of funds. Things can work out. (天無絕人之路)

i find part time jobs ok for u as an option as u can choose the days u wanna work, like 3 days workweek tat kind.

crescent

thanks all for your encouragements....
yes i do have alot of financial burdens, was able to cope when i have stable income then...

for bb clothes and stuff i have passed downs from my sister & SIL, so this r not so much of a concern....and oso i haven been buy stuffs since the sudden loss of income...

I have try to apply for part-time jobs as well.. but so far none reply.. dunno izzit bcos of i'm abit high profile, i was in the IT industry as PM previously...

TANZHENZHI

Yes Crescent, dun stress yourself so much. Now most important is to relax yourself and prepare the arrival of your bundle of joy. For your case, that your ex-company retrenched you when you're pregnant, you may seek help at mom and see what they can help. Hope you can get back what you deserve. Take care.

crescent

MOM is not helping... i did call them up & told them.. but they say as i'm not in my 3mth at the point of notification, there is no case.... with them since the company have given my 1 month notice...

so much on the government promoting childbirth!

TANZHENZHI

For the finding of part-time job, you may wish to look for agency to help you. They got lots of part-time job available.

crescent

i have been doing that thru agency.... they ask me to send them my resume, after i did, there is no more reply from them... =(

TANZHENZHI

Are you asking for high pay as a part-timer? If not usually they will need like admin/receptionist. It's an easy job but low pay.

stonston

When I was preggie with my boy, me & hub combined pay at tt time only slightly less than $3k (take home). Plus we had to pay rental, utilities & internet/cable TV, etc cos we were waiting for our new house. We even had a maid and managed to pay for everything and got extra to save. I think you might need to do list of expenses, try to eliminate or cut down unnecessary expenses first. Sit down with your hub to discuss on the expenses.

If you don't mind, can PM me more details about yourself? Cos I might be looking for someone to do some typing work for me (the current mommy can't cope). I cant afford to pay alot but at least it's some form of income.

Your previous job is IT related? Are you proficient in creating online stores? I have been looking for ppl to help me create a website for online store but the charges were too exp. If you can do in your free time before you deliver, I don't mind letting you do it (just charge me slightly cheaper than market rate k?). :D

I also saw alot of advert recently in ST Classified for home based part timer or those telemarketer. Maybe can give those a try?

There are many ways to earn money, even at home. I just tendered resignation and I'm trying for #2. If there's a will, there's a way!

Don't think about negative stuff. Spend more time on forum with us to chit chat & read up about baby care :)

stonston

Not all are MLM. There are some is telemarketer/appt setter for property agent.
Got one is those chatline one. Super funny. My friend is doing it. Just everyday on the phone to chat with those guys. Then the longer you can keep them on the phone line, the more your earn :p

Or you can try those PT teacher job at student care centres? At least no need to walk too much and they also pay by per hour basis.

crescent

those telemarketers for agents the timing is abit off for me... i would prefer those office hrs...
the PT teachers i tink need experience one if i'm not wrong...

stonston

Student care no need experience. They actually look for those 'O' or 'A' level holders.
Just 'babysit' the kids. Ask them to follow timetable, make sure they are doing their homework instead of playing sort of thing. Recently newspaper alot of advert for this.

jojoki

hi crescent,

just to share me also got a huge paycut n demotion whn company found i was preggy. We had debts, and bills and hubs was bringing back less than 2k!! (had to give alimony to ex) but we survived up till now. I am sahm, dun worry can manage. just must work out with what you have... in cantonese we say (ma sei lok dei hang) it measn if horse dies, we get down and walk. take care babe!